Author Topic: Comic books and other nerdy topics  (Read 136700 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Comic books and other nerdy topics
« Reply #615 on: June 22, 2016, 05:06:31 pm »
Don't know if I can get into Arrow. I feel spoiled with the Netflix Marvel universe lol
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #616 on: June 22, 2016, 05:07:23 pm »
I went into it with an open mind and really enjoyed it.  I still need to start the Marvel ones.

killsaly

« Reply #617 on: June 29, 2016, 09:24:28 pm »
I am now 92 episodes deep into the Arrowverse...

I grabbed my first Rebirth book today, Green Arrow #1.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:30:26 pm by killsaly »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #618 on: June 30, 2016, 12:01:29 pm »
Did you read Rebirth? Thought it was damn good. Have only picked up Batman, Flash, and Titans so far. I've heard Superman and Green Arrow were good though. My shop was down to limited editions and marked the prices up. First print. Nerds.
‼‼?‼‼

walk,on,by

« Reply #619 on: June 30, 2016, 12:02:19 pm »
your, shop?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #620 on: June 30, 2016, 12:03:37 pm »
The comic shop I go to most! Not my own personal shop.
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #621 on: June 30, 2016, 12:22:59 pm »
Does the owner -- like all comic book shoppe owners -- look like a dude who has to pay for sex?
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #622 on: June 30, 2016, 04:46:52 pm »
Did you read Rebirth? Thought it was damn good. Have only picked up Batman, Flash, and Titans so far. I've heard Superman and Green Arrow were good though. My shop was down to limited editions and marked the prices up. First print. Nerds.
I did not read any of it yet...

I go to Third Eye Comics in Annapolis.  I was working from home yesterday and needed to get out of the house, so I went and snagged a copy of Green Arrow.  I saw the other Rebirth books but did not really know enough about it to know what to get.

killsaly

« Reply #623 on: July 06, 2016, 02:05:18 pm »
There are a lot of butt-hurt nerds today (observation made after reading tons of Facebook comments on the article). 

http://time.com/4394478/iron-man-riri-williams-tony-stark/

I personally think it is an interesting idea.  We shall see. 

I hate the way nerd culture has morphed.  Or maybe it is not "nerd" culture as much as it is "fanboy" culture.  In nerd culture, everything rules.  Fanboy culture, everything sucks.

killsaly

« Reply #624 on: July 06, 2016, 04:57:25 pm »
I decided to go back and read the New 52 run of Green Arrow, and finished the first volume yesterday.  I have to say, Arrow made me a fan of a character I NEVER thought I would like.  A Batman/Robin Hood amalgamation?  Pass.  Or so I thought. 

vansmack

« Reply #625 on: July 07, 2016, 12:41:38 pm »
This is awesome.

Hikaru Sulu will be the first openly gay character in the Star Trek film franchise

The character's orientation is a nod to George Takei
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #626 on: July 07, 2016, 01:25:45 pm »
Does the owner -- like all comic book shoppe owners -- look like a dude who has to pay for sex?
Actually it's an older lady. She looks like a regular old lady but she uses a cane to walk. There are also cute chicks who work there.

To be fair though it was owned by a big fat dude before and his staff [while super nice] were overweight nerd dudes lol.

@killsaly: I was told the Rebirth of Green Arrow was great, picked it up yesterday and didn't hate it. Will keep following up with it even though he's essentially Batman in Seattle. Also read Superman Rebirth, I can just never EVER care about him. Plus he's dead. Care even less about a Superman story with no Superman. My favorite, outside of Batman, has been Flash and Wonder Woman. Haven't picked up Green Lanters or Aquaman. I don't care enough to pick up either of those. Looking forward to the new Suicide Squad though.
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #627 on: July 07, 2016, 01:41:05 pm »
I am reading the New 52 Green Arrow run first, and hopefully by the time I get to the end, the first TPB will be out for the new Green Arrow.  I did buy the single issue of GA Rebirth, but I quit collecting single issue books to focus on collections and probably wont buy anymore.  Trades are easier to deal with.  I will get random singles though (mostly when Third Eye Comics has a signing), and grabbed GA Rebirth #1 to make sure I would like it.  And considering the fact that GA is one of the twice monthly books, the first collected book should be out in a few months...

Other than Green Arrow, I am excited for Flash (because of the show), Supergirl, and Hellblazer.  I will wait for the TPBs to come out. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #628 on: July 07, 2016, 02:19:45 pm »
I went the opposite route. I hated waiting for the collected books to come out and DC does their Batman stories weird. If there are one shots of others they may not be collected. Like Batman vol. 1 "Night Of The Owls" may have issues 1-7 BUT Batman: Court Of The Owls also has some of those issues plus the others. It was a pain in the dick jumping around for those. Although I have been reading Detective Comics like that. I'm also stoked for All Star Batman. Scott Snyder has more stories!
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #629 on: July 09, 2016, 03:10:49 pm »
DFA, you missed a great ROH doubleheader yesterday.  I missed half of Women of Honor but didn't miss any of Aftershock. 

Jay Briscoe, Jay Lethal, Colt Cabana versus One of the Young Bucks, Adam Cole, and Adam Page was definitely the match of the night.