Author Topic: Comic books and other nerdy topics  (Read 143140 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Comic books and other nerdy topics
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2014, 09:37:12 pm »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2014, 09:40:34 pm »

Hexenjagd

« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2014, 10:46:35 pm »
I will tell them if they weren't such losers they could get a much younger wife as well.  No one would think I am a grandfather I don't even have gray hair yet.
How much younger is a good amount? 

As for the nerd question, how nerdy?  Like homemade cosplay LARP nerdy?  Or otaku?  Or tabletop gamer?  Wears glasses?  Reads a lot of books?  Likes video games?   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQS7lB8iR-k
(I completely agree with the girl in the video.  She is also cute.)

Felicia Day

« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 10:48:49 pm by Hexenjagd »

Yada

« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2014, 08:48:14 am »
who's got pictures of Julian and Killsally from RAW the other night? I know they'll surface soon.

i am gay and i like cats

atomic

« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2014, 10:54:44 am »
I will tell them if they weren't such losers they could get a much younger wife as well.  No one would think I am a grandfather I don't even have gray hair yet.
How much younger is a good amount? 

As for the nerd question, how nerdy?  Like homemade cosplay LARP nerdy?  Or otaku?  Or tabletop gamer?  Wears glasses?  Reads a lot of books?  Likes video games?   

I have no idea what LARP or Otaku is.  Is tabletop gamer like Yahtzee and Trivial Pursuit?

Yes must have glasses.  Reading books yes.  Video games no, that is too extreme. 

Hexenjagd

« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2014, 11:19:59 am »
I guess I am dating a nerd.  She wears glasses, likes to read, loves fantasy/sci fi, and plays RPGs. 

LARP - Live Action Role Playing

Otaku - Basically an anime nerd, though its a bit more complex than that

Tabletop gaming does include board games, but in the nerd world usually refers to the RPG type of board games.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2014, 11:20:42 am »
who's got pictures of Julian and Killsally from RAW the other night? I know they'll surface soon.
Once again, I was not there.

Also its killsaly.  Not Killsally. Somewhere there is a thread that explains the origin of that name.

atomic

« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2014, 11:21:51 am »
I guess I am dating a nerd.  She wears glasses, likes to read, loves fantasy/sci fi, and plays RPGs. 

LARP - Live Action Role Playing

Otaku - Basically an anime nerd, though its a bit more complex than that

Tabletop gaming does include board games, but in the nerd world usually refers to the RPG type of board games.

"LARP - Live Action Role Playing" - WHat does that mean?  RPG = Role playing game?  is that like dungeons and dragons? 

Hexenjagd

« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2014, 11:23:50 am »
From wiki:
A live action role-playing game (LARP) is a form of role-playing game where the participants physically act out their characters' actions. The players pursue goals within a fictional setting represented by the real world while interacting with each other in character. The outcome of player actions may be mediated by game rules or determined by consensus among players. Event arrangers called gamemasters decide the setting and rules to be used and facilitate play.
The first LARPs were run in the late 1970s, inspired by tabletop role-playing games and genre fiction. The activity spread internationally during the 1980s and has diversified into a wide variety of styles. Play may be very game-like or may be more concerned with dramatic or artistic expression. Events can also be designed to achieve educational or political goals. The fictional genres used vary greatly, from realistic modern or historical settings to fantastic or futuristic eras. Production values are sometimes minimal, but can involve elaborate venues and costumes. LARPs range in size from small private events lasting a few hours to large public events with thousands of players lasting for days.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2014, 11:24:12 am »

atomic

« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2014, 11:59:48 am »
From wiki:
A live action role-playing game (LARP) is a form of role-playing game where the participants physically act out their characters' actions. The players pursue goals within a fictional setting represented by the real world while interacting with each other in character. The outcome of player actions may be mediated by game rules or determined by consensus among players. Event arrangers called gamemasters decide the setting and rules to be used and facilitate play.
The first LARPs were run in the late 1970s, inspired by tabletop role-playing games and genre fiction. The activity spread internationally during the 1980s and has diversified into a wide variety of styles. Play may be very game-like or may be more concerned with dramatic or artistic expression. Events can also be designed to achieve educational or political goals. The fictional genres used vary greatly, from realistic modern or historical settings to fantastic or futuristic eras. Production values are sometimes minimal, but can involve elaborate venues and costumes. LARPs range in size from small private events lasting a few hours to large public events with thousands of players lasting for days.

So like the stuff in the movie "Role Models"? 

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2014, 12:11:46 am »
Wrestlemania III and game of thrones returning? I literally just checked into this thread to watch you guys all tuckered out, kicking your legs up involuntarily as you snooze, snoring away in dreamland!

You all look do adorable, lying there along with your dungeon master's guides under your pillows! I just want to pinch your borderline morbidly obese cheeks!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:18:15 am by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2014, 12:19:17 am »
What's that? No, no, go back to sleep! Keep dreaming about sweet, sweet future Marvel comic book movie tie-ins.
LVMH