Author Topic: Hey bald guys, please stop shaving your head in the sink of a public restroom  (Read 13421 times)

James Ford

All very good questions. He was shaving his head with some kind of electric contraption. So if he had taken it into the shower, he would have been electrocuted. Apparently, he's thoughtless but not dumb.

The big question is why do you need to shave your head in front of a mirror? What are you inspecting and how much does the mirror really help? Wouldn't it have been just as easy and more efficient to do it while showering (I'm assuming if you're shaving/shaving your head at the gym you've probably showered as well) as you wouldn't be stuck gazing into a mirror and wondering where it all went wrong?

James Ford

I think some bald guys look better without hair. America is the land of the bad male haircut, and some people just plain have ugly hair.

Also, some people have employers who pay for their gym membership and others have employers who provide non-profit gyms with low rates in their building. I *might* fall into one of those categories.

I can't believe I even have to mention this, but there he was, a bald guy shaving his head into the sink at the gym. He's probably the same asshole who left a big unflushed turd in the toilet with toilet paper all over the seat.

I should probably add a note to those people who think they have to shave three times a day...please refrain from shaving in public sinks, period. A little stubble never hurt anyone, even those who were too lazy to shave BEFORE coming to work.

And for those asshats who insist on dumping their ice, coffee, and assorted trash into the hallway water fountain, a big fuck you to you. It's a public water fountain, not a public trash bin.

I think this is just a way for you to put down bald guys.  I approve.  But I am surprised that you pay for a gym membership.

James Ford

I'm always too worried about losing/breaking my expensive specs to be physical with anyone. So my blindness and complete dependence on my glasses actually probably ends up being a benefit.

This whole discussion reminds me of the time that someone aggressively confronted me after I left an Express newspaper on my seat on the Metro (an Express paper that I had *found* on the seat mind you, left there my a previous patron). He followed me off the Metro train, chewing me out about leaving trash on the Metro, etc. He continued to follow me out of the Metro station, crossing the street, and following me all the way to the door of my workplace, continuing to chew me out. Often he was within a foot of my face and body, without actually making body contact.

Some kind of deranged homeless guy, you might think? Well not unless he was a deranged homeless (white) guy in business casual dress on a weekday.

Perhaps he should have had a business card ready instead.

The good thing about being tall and bigger than most people is that I never have to experience shit like that.  I probably would have shoved him.

ggw

Didn't you beat up a. Mime once?

Or was that your wife?

James Ford

I have never beaten up my wife.

Didn't you beat up a. Mime once?

Or was that your wife?

atomic

I'm always too worried about losing/breaking my expensive specs to be physical with anyone. So my blindness and complete dependence on my glasses actually probably ends up being a benefit.

This whole discussion reminds me of the time that someone aggressively confronted me after I left an Express newspaper on my seat on the Metro (an Express paper that I had *found* on the seat mind you, left there my a previous patron). He followed me off the Metro train, chewing me out about leaving trash on the Metro, etc. He continued to follow me out of the Metro station, crossing the street, and following me all the way to the door of my workplace, continuing to chew me out. Often he was within a foot of my face and body, without actually making body contact.

Some kind of deranged homeless guy, you might think? Well not unless he was a deranged homeless (white) guy in business casual dress on a weekday.

The good thing about being tall and bigger than most people is that I never have to experience shit like that.  I probably would have shoved him.

What you spent money on expensive glasses?  I wear Prada glasses what do you wear?

James Ford

Expensive is all relative I guess. I have a pair by Pro Design and another pair I bought at a See Eyewear store (I think they only make their own (?)) When you're as blind as I am and need the thin lenses, I think the lenses end up costing you more than the frames.

My brother just did the two pair for $69 deal at one of those discount places. As someone who chooses not to have kids, they work as the perfect form of birth control for him.

What you spent money on expensive glasses?  I wear Prada glasses what do you wear?

atomic

Expensive is all relative I guess. I have a pair by Pro Design and another pair I bought at a See Eyewear store (I think they only make their own (?)) When you're as blind as I am and need the thin lenses, I think the lenses end up costing you more than the frames.

My brother just did the two pair for $69 deal at one of those discount places. As someone who chooses not to have kids, they work as the perfect form of birth control for him.

I think whenever I get glasses they end up being 600 dollars no matter what I choose.  I think those Lens Crafters/Pearl Vision stores have all their frames from Italy made at the same factory so whatever brand you get is made at the same place.

hutch

amazing you felt a need to share something so gross..

maybe i should start a hey guys please wash your hands after taking a wiz thread

atomic

maybe i should start a hey guys please wash your hands after taking a wiz thread

Good idea!!!! I am glad you are catching on to the new forum format so quickly.

slappy

I think whenever I get glasses they end up being 600 dollars no matter what I choose.  I think those Lens Crafters/Pearl Vision stores have all their frames from Italy made at the same factory so whatever brand you get is made at the same place.

You are correct. Luxottica makes 80% of all frames sold.
They also own Lens Crafters, Pearl Vision, Sunglass Hut and Target/Sears Optical.
Amazing what people will pay for the same molded plastic and wire.
http://www.luxottica.com/en/eyewear-brands

James Ford

I think I've said it before, and perhaps it proves my vanity. Two things I don't mind paying beyond the median for are a good haircut and a nice looking, comfortable pair of glasses.

You are correct. Luxottica makes 80% of all frames sold.
They also own Lens Crafters, Pearl Vision, Sunglass Hut and Target/Sears Optical.
Amazing what people will pay for the same molded plastic and wire.
http://www.luxottica.com/en/eyewear-brands

evilizac

I'm sufficiently happy the pair I got off of Coastal, but with my crap eyes my free pair still ended up being roughly $90-100 still better than retail, and I get the offhand compliment on them every now and then. Usually from dudes, but I just assume they're gay and take it as a double compliment.
WHAT?

Relaxer

Why aren't you glasses dudes getting Lasik?
oword

evilizac

I would love to, but I am a poor candidate as I have one eye that is legally blind. . . not the one that my corrective lenses correct. My eyes are crap upon crap.
WHAT?