Author Topic: How did you meet your significant other  (Read 8340 times)

atomic

Re: How did you meet your significant other
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 02:26:28 pm »
i like to meet somebody who actually met their lover, in a supermarket or a bar or even at church.  how, creepy.

I met my first wife because I hooked up with her roommate at a bar. 

atomic

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2014, 02:28:26 pm »
I don't see a huge difference between someone liking the Decemberists and Kings of Leon. They are both mainstream rock bands to me. Would their female fanbase really be that different?

I tended to meet lot of women in DC who adamantly did not want to ever have children. I know there are some men for whom these women would be national treasures, but it was a deal breaker for me.

Decemberists are not mainstream and that has nothing to do with the type of music it is.  If you can't tell the difference between the two then you don't know much about music. 

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 02:30:19 pm »
i like to meet somebody who actually met their lover, in a supermarket or a bar or even at church.  how, creepy.
Sweetcell has a cute story but it's not mine to share.
LVMH

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 02:30:49 pm »
I married my wife about 2.5 years ago.  We met in Richmond over 20 years ago when we were about 21.  We had a mutual friend that was trying to play matchmaker.  The three of us went out one night, the night ended with our friend, Erica, basically throwing us in a bedroom together.  It was dawn by then and the sun was coming up.  We made out for a little bit but not much else happened cuz my future wife was so smashed she started getting sick.  We all got so hammered none of us really remember what happened that night.  I just remember walking home as the sun was coming up.

Nothing ever happened with me and future wife after that night.  We both moved away a short time later.

About 6 years ago we became fb friends.  It was a typical fb kinda thing, you friend request someone you knew way back when.  She had been living on the west coast for years and years.  In 2010 she made her way back east.  In the days she was travelling we started talking on fb.  It seemed like something mystical was happening.  Laugh all you want, but it was obvious from the first convo that something really important was going on.  She was staying with a friend a few hours away, she made a plan to visit me.

We had sex within a few hours after she got there.  Within a month I knew that this was it. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  My wife is the best.  Period.  End of story.

ggw

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2014, 02:35:38 pm »
I met my wife in rehab.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2014, 02:40:15 pm »
I met my wife in rehab.
Are you married to Jessa from Girls?
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2014, 02:46:38 pm »
was there eharmony in 1975?
aw fuck I lost it here
‼‼?‼‼

ggw

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2014, 02:48:10 pm »
I met my wife in rehab.
Are you married to Jessa from Girls?

Your witty cultural reference eludes me.

James Ford

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2014, 03:09:42 pm »
Sorry, but there's just not that much difference between the Decemberists and Kings of Leon. No doubt there are plenty of people who are into both.

Compared to that, my wife and I differed quite a bit more in music taste. She was into Brazilian music and I was into classic American country music. Now I like them both. But I still won't listen to her Tupac, and she still frowns on some of my country stuff.

I don't see a huge difference between someone liking the Decemberists and Kings of Leon. They are both mainstream rock bands to me. Would their female fanbase really be that different?

I tended to meet lot of women in DC who adamantly did not want to ever have children. I know there are some men for whom these women would be national treasures, but it was a deal breaker for me.

Decemberists are not mainstream and that has nothing to do with the type of music it is.  If you can't tell the difference between the two then you don't know much about music. 

atomic

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2014, 03:21:48 pm »
Sorry, but there's just not that much difference between the Decemberists and Kings of Leon. No doubt there are plenty of people who are into both.

Compared to that, my wife and I differed quite a bit more in music taste. She was into Brazilian music and I was into classic American country music. Now I like them both. But I still won't listen to her Tupac, and she still frowns on some of my country stuff.

You fucking argue about everything.  One has female and male vocalists, violin, banjo, and accordian with witty lyrics playing folk music the other is a bunch of guys with guitars playing rock music.  If you can't tell the difference then stop listening to music.  It is as different as Tupac and Classic Country.

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2014, 03:22:25 pm »
in spite of the fact that I'm the world's biggest dickhead.  
hmm...is it self deprecating when it's true
slack

atomic

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2014, 03:22:42 pm »
was there eharmony in 1975?

I don't get your comment? Is that when you got married?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2014, 03:28:15 pm »
Wait. Tupac is Brazilian?

atomic

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2014, 03:30:38 pm »
Wait. Tupac is Brazilian?

I think he was a founding member of CSS.

ggw

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2014, 03:31:06 pm »
Sorry, but there's just not that much difference between the Decemberists and Kings of Leon.

Really?

Colin Meloy's wife:

Caleb Followill's wife: