Author Topic: Ween worst band ever? Discuss your thoughts about how awful Ween is here.  (Read 299285 times)

Re: Ween worst band ever? Discuss your thoughts about how awful Ween is here.
« Reply #705 on: January 28, 2019, 10:07:00 am »
Deaner's turn for a stint in rehab. Sounds messy.
oh dang...guess opening a pot bar in CO was a bad plan
he's been keeping himself busy too
slack

hutch

« Reply #706 on: January 28, 2019, 10:22:56 am »
Rehab for what?

Yada

« Reply #707 on: January 28, 2019, 12:06:10 pm »
Rehab for what?

35 years of of excessive drug and alcohol abuse

« Reply #708 on: January 28, 2019, 06:15:54 pm »
man...8 years ago (in my FB feed) saw ween at the Fox in Oakland...that was an epic show
Let's dance cover was awesome
blazing 36 song set
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ween/2011/fox-theater-oakland-ca-33d2cc15.html
slack

hutch

« Reply #709 on: January 28, 2019, 10:07:26 pm »
I find the idea of Deaner in rehab sad....not to mention why should people even know?

Yada

« Reply #710 on: January 28, 2019, 10:50:59 pm »
I find the idea of Deaner in rehab sad....not to mention why should people even know?

Because he's an idiot and conducts much of his personal life in Ween social media groups (which is how this news leaked).

hutch

« Reply #711 on: January 28, 2019, 10:57:17 pm »
Well yeah...he is an idiot then

You have to keep the mystery and mystique going....rock and roll requires it

The model is Keith Richards...

« Reply #712 on: January 29, 2019, 08:36:34 am »
The model is Keith Richards...
that's a high standard...he's outliving those who spent their whole life being 'healthy'
slack

Yada

« Reply #714 on: February 06, 2019, 12:28:05 pm »
^last line is the best

So for now, it looks like we'll have to continue abstaining from smoking pot at concerts. Because, you know, we totally do that.
slack

say wha...

now yada and his ween detective work has left the board...has anyone seen this

but found this post about it:
Haphazard and half-assed digital-only sampler that was assembled without Ween's participation. It's ostensibly a collection of the Elektra/Warner years but it contains nothing from their major label debut Pure Guava (since the rights to that have since returned to the band) nor does it have anything from the preceding album The Pod (Elektra reissued that for a time but that licensing arrangement later expired). It does have GodWeenSatan since Warner now controls that outright (since they bought Rykodisc, who had bought Restless, who had bought original releasing label Twin\Tone – but yeah, you don't care about that chain of title runthrough) but this compilation goes overboard and inexplicably makes that release the centerpiece of this compilation. Don't get me wrong at all, GodWeenSatan is my favorite Ween album, but it's idiotic that 12 of the 20 tracks were taken from there, and several of the selections are HIGHLY questionable. ("Nicole"? "Old Man Thunder"? "Puffy Cloud"? Why?) There's also zilch from 12 Golden Country Greats, even though Warner still owns the rights to it, and the absence of "Ocean Man" is unforgivable. Whoever assembled this has a lot of explaining to do. My mom would also like to mention that this lacks her favorite Ween song ("Mister, Would You Please Help My Pony?") and I agree with her that extra demerits are in order for that omission.

I recall when Ween's record deal with Warner originally ended, it was mentioned on the band's website that Rhino Records had the option to make a best-of and that the group might record a few new songs for it or allow some rarities to be used. That collection never came to be but now we have this useless release that was created without Ween's input, since Warner is allowing the obscure X5 Music Group company to raid their archives and assemble "professionally curated music products and playlists customized for a global, digital music market." That's corporate-speak for "we have the legal right to repackage and put out unnecessary horseshit just to scam out a few extra Spotify clicks," by the way.

slack

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

wouldn't it be interesting if all, streaming services just went away, and we had to go back to cds or something.  so that artists could sell products again, and it was the only way to hear it, so you had to buy it.  how many people out there got rid of all, if not most of their tangible media . . . unless you are one those people who still thinks lps are something special.  remember, they went away the first time, for a reason, and it was because of cassette tapes . . . cassette tapes, folks.

nkotb

Does that album have Big Jilm or Marble Tulip Juicy Tree? If no, GTFO

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
wouldn't it be interesting if all, streaming services just went away, and we had to go back to cds or something.  so that artists could sell products again, and it was the only way to hear it, so you had to buy it.
Vansmack hates this idea.

how many people out there got rid of all, if not most of their tangible media . . .
Vansmack.

unless you are one those people who still thinks lps are something special.
Hutch just got burnt.

remember, they went away the first time, for a reason, and it was because of cassette tapes . . . cassette tapes, folks.
Somewhere out there killsaly has a woody and doesn't know why.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 03:32:58 pm by Julian, Thinly-Veiled Outrage IMPRESARIO »
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #719 on: September 18, 2019, 01:16:42 pm »
bumping the official WEEN thread.