Author Topic: Ween worst band ever? Discuss your thoughts about how awful Ween is here.  (Read 286481 times)

walk,on,by

Re: Ween worst band ever? Discuss your thoughts about how awful Ween is here.
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2015, 01:47:41 pm »
somewhere, gener, is preparing a gofundme page, for a laugh track machine purchase.

Yada

« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2015, 01:57:46 pm »
Ouch...thanks for the review and wish I could have made it to support the deaner

That ottobar show was definitely not going through the motions, they looked like they were having a blast
I would have liked it more if Guy wasn't there though

I was really surprised that 9:30 picked them up too for this show
must have pulled a favor with seth...who I'm sure looking at the nights recipts is regretting that decision
(Aug was a pretty slow month for the club I noticed)

do love some Big Jilm though

Something was undoubtedly off last night... the no show of Glenn on keys has me suspicious.

hutch

« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2015, 07:42:57 pm »
^^I liked the Bill Murray one better^^

They played pretty much all of the really heavy Ween that you'd expect Deaner to play as well as some other choice classic Ween tunes but you could tell they were completely going through the motions. It was pretty similar to the show with Guy Heller but with more Ween tunes.

Glenn for whatever reason didn't show up (and it wasn't acknowledged), so there were no keys. Claude seriously looked angry to be there the entire evening. There were no hijinx, no one getting drunk on stage, and in general a pretty depressed undertone to the evening. As expected, Deaner's amp blew out at some point during the show and he mentioned a few times that he was just getting over food poisoning. I thought maybe he'd ask for some cash to fix the amp?

In all my years of going to the club, I've never seen it that empty. I bet there were 100/150 people there max and I'm sure that didn't help the energy for the evening. They walked out on stage and it was basically **crickets** and a few dudes yelling for Deaner. Just weird... All I could think about was a decade ago you couldn't move in that place seeing these guys and now they're a bit of an embarrassment. The entire upstairs was empty.

It was a bit of a let down and any of the Gener shows I've seen post break up have been better (at least in my opinion).

I doubt they'll ever roll back through DC after last night.

dang....I was on vacation incommunicado...I would have wanted to go too...but sounds like i'm glad I didn't....

« Reply #153 on: August 31, 2015, 08:40:23 am »
dang....I was on vacation incommunicado...
phew was concerned for your health, but seeing regular updates from the misses assured me the hutchmaster was whole
slack

« Reply #154 on: September 02, 2015, 10:35:26 pm »
even with your bad review, there is hope
because there is still this 7 minute noodle fest A Tear For Eddie The Dean Ween Group Greensboro NC 8 28 2015

but at the same time there is still concern as the deanster has proposed to change his full time career to charity fundraising
and to think we owe it all to peachi

maybe, he can crowdfund, a career of being a professional, crowdfundee.

slack

hutch

« Reply #155 on: September 03, 2015, 04:48:15 pm »
gener at the ottobar..that is the closest you are going to get to ween..if they don't cancel the show...i'm sorry but without his singing its just never going to amount to much....

if anyone wants to go lets coordinate it..

« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2015, 12:33:44 pm »
well guess Glenn McClelland is no longer in the DWG

Now seems like as good of a time as any to announce that our new keyboard player is Harry Waters, and yes, he is the son of Roger Waters and plays in his father's band as well as doing a million other gigs. I didn't choose him based on his family tree, but for his skills as a keyboard player and he's absolutely a bad motherfucker where that's concerned. We just completed a few days of rehearsal for the upcoming tour and we even did a small preview set at John and Peter's tonight. It's so exciting--it gave me the opportunity to revisit some older/ never been played before songs, and more importantly, a fresh approach to songs we've played a lot, but with the keyboard sounds more loyal to the album versions. It has been quite the kick in the ass that I didn't even know I needed. Super nice dude, incredible player, I can't wait to take this to the stage. Remember this post--it has me rejuvenated like a first time musician and I am chomping at the bit for you all to hear what we're doing. Harry is one of the biggest Ween fans I've ever met as well---he knows all of the songs!

slack

hutch

« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2015, 01:43:09 pm »

Now seems like as good of a time as any to announce that our new keyboard player is Harry Waters, and yes, he is the son of Roger Waters and plays in his father's band as well as doing a million other gigs. I didn't choose him based on his family tree, but for his skills as a keyboard player and he's absolutely a bad motherfucker where that's concerned. We just completed a few days of rehearsal for the upcoming tour and we even did a small preview set at John and Peter's tonight. It's so exciting--it gave me the opportunity to revisit some older/ never been played before songs, and more importantly, a fresh approach to songs we've played a lot, but with the keyboard sounds more loyal to the album versions. It has been quite the kick in the ass that I didn't even know I needed. Super nice dude, incredible player, I can't wait to take this to the stage. Remember this post--it has me rejuvenated like a first time musician and I am chomping at the bit for you all to hear what we're doing. Harry is one of the biggest Ween fans I've ever met as well---he knows all of the songs!

seriously? Roger Waters' son in the band formerly known as Ween? WTF... doesn't exactly sound like he'd bring the party vibe..

Anyone know what happened to Glenn.. he's been in the band since like 1995! 

Yada

« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2015, 01:57:52 pm »

seriously? Roger Waters' son in the band formerly known as Ween? WTF... doesn't exactly sound like he'd bring the party vibe..

My guess is he's over 50 and tired of being in a bar band/broke.

hutch

« Reply #159 on: September 17, 2015, 01:58:56 pm »

yeah..maybe he got ticked off when he noticed they would be performing for Yada and his parents...

Yada

« Reply #160 on: September 17, 2015, 02:00:21 pm »

yeah..maybe he got ticked off when he noticed they would be performing for Yada and his parents...

I don't completely get that joke, but yeah...

Yada

« Reply #161 on: September 17, 2015, 05:05:40 pm »
I don't like to tell the public what goes on behind the scenes---it ruins it i think. But so many people want to know why Glenn isn't doing the tour--it's because he got an offer to do more shows with Blood Sweat and Tears, something that happens regularly but he usually gets a substitute. The guy he had lined up backed out and Glenn has been with them longer than with us---like 30 years. And there it is. - DWG

hutch

« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2015, 06:17:22 pm »
I don't like to tell the public what goes on behind the scenes---it ruins it i think. But so many people want to know why Glenn isn't doing the tour--it's because he got an offer to do more shows with Blood Sweat and Tears, something that happens regularly but he usually gets a substitute. The guy he had lined up backed out and Glenn has been with them longer than with us---like 30 years. And there it is. - DWG

lets think about that one..

Yada

« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2015, 10:32:07 pm »
Lots o' rumors of a reunion show to be announced this week...

« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2015, 10:40:25 pm »
don't believe it
slack