Author Topic: Ween worst band ever? Discuss your thoughts about how awful Ween is here.  (Read 286517 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: Ween worst band ever? Discuss your thoughts about how awful Ween is here.
« Reply #420 on: October 18, 2016, 03:57:17 pm »
I saw Ween at Riot Fest in Denver.....they killed it. 

It had been a LONG time since I saw them.  First was probably 1990, it was just the two of them, all the rhythm section stuff was canned.  2nd time was maybe a year later, with Andrew Weiss and Sim Cain on bass/drums. 

Fast forward 25 years....so good.  So fun.

Yada

« Reply #421 on: October 19, 2016, 02:14:30 pm »
Nice to have you on board, chaz... We can only hope they continue to rock over the coming years!

http://ween.shop.musictoday.com/product/WELP11/godweensatan-live-lp?cp=81258_81440

Yada

« Reply #422 on: October 24, 2016, 02:06:09 pm »
Viva Las Vegas! Ween will be taking bets at Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas over Presidents' Day weekend 2017 (Feb 17-19)! Pre-sale starts October 25 at 10am PT (tomorrow! Password: FREEDOM): http://ween.shop.ticketstoday.com/calendar.aspx
Public on sale starts Friday, October 28 at 10am PT at ween.com.

http://ween.shop.ticketstoday.com/calendar.aspx

« Reply #423 on: November 14, 2016, 12:11:50 pm »
and now Chicago....
slack

hutch

« Reply #424 on: November 14, 2016, 12:20:48 pm »
its all about money as it has been since the reunion started....obviously we are to deduce they are not being offered the money for DC that they desire... DC was a huge Ween market in the early days but in the 2000s post White Pepper they did not hit it that often..I hate to say it but it may no longer be a natural DC show... being 2 hours and change from Philly they probably feel diehards would trek up there and this cannibalizes some of the DC demand..Also if we truly take stock how did we do with the Dean Ween Band show at the 930 or the Gene Ween show at RNR Hotel?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #425 on: November 14, 2016, 12:38:01 pm »
I hate to say it but it may no longer be a natural DC show...
Whoa. Big words from coming you.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #426 on: November 14, 2016, 02:14:37 pm »
its all about money as it has been since the reunion started....obviously we are to deduce they are not being offered the money for DC that they desire... DC was a huge Ween market in the early days but in the 2000s post White Pepper they did not hit it that often..I hate to say it but it may no longer be a natural DC show... being 2 hours and change from Philly they probably feel diehards would trek up there and this cannibalizes some of the DC demand..Also if we truly take stock how did we do with the Dean Ween Band show at the 930 or the Gene Ween show at RNR Hotel?

Their 04 and 05 shows sold out the club... then for whatever dumb reason they plaed DAR in maybe 08 which I was able to get basically a front row ticket for like $15.

I'm not disagreeing with your logic above, but if they want to strike while the iron is at least warm, they should play here real soon! If they can't sell out one or two nights at the club, that would be pretty sad. We'd pull people from Bawlmoor, Richmond, and beyond.

I guess I'm assuming another spattering of weekend shows throughout next year + festivals.

hutch

« Reply #427 on: November 14, 2016, 02:51:01 pm »

Their 04 and 05 shows sold out the club... then for whatever dumb reason they plaed DAR in maybe 08 which I was able to get basically a front row ticket for like $15.

I'm not disagreeing with your logic above, but if they want to strike while the iron is at least warm, they should play here real soon! If they can't sell out one or two nights at the club, that would be pretty sad. We'd pull people from Bawlmoor, Richmond, and beyond.

I guess I'm assuming another spattering of weekend shows throughout next year + festivals.

but the club doesn't get them the gross they need to get their big fee...its just not enough...they are not doing 1000 capacity venues...

hutch

« Reply #429 on: November 29, 2016, 04:26:01 pm »
he's gone bald??

Yada

hutch

« Reply #431 on: November 29, 2016, 05:05:17 pm »
he's gone bald??

who, fluffy?

Have they never played Fluffy.. is that the  deal?

I'm sorry.. I might be missing something...

walkie,talkie

« Reply #432 on: November 29, 2016, 06:22:16 pm »
Without doing Google, I don't know the answer to the fluffy question but in my opinion it's an OK song that really caught on, to Elder drug heads back in the day, who thought it was one of those hierarchy songs that meant something important, but when you really think about it, it's just alwight.

I get more turned on if they play pollo asado, live.

hutch

« Reply #433 on: November 29, 2016, 06:32:04 pm »
I don't get it.. they've played Fluffy before I saw on Setlist.fm.. what is the big deal with this video? Is it a great performance or does Gener breakdown in the middle and freak out?

Yada

« Reply #434 on: November 29, 2016, 11:52:19 pm »
They've played the song for years you nozzles, there is no meaning to the above post, I just like it.