Author Topic: Food Coupons/Discount Codes  (Read 45425 times)

James Ford

Re: Food Coupons/Discount Codes
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2014, 03:41:02 pm »
He doesn't. But it would be a better and smarter way to put me in my place than simply telling me to go fuck myself.

So how much are you putting in your two kids college funds, monthly, Hutch? You could really put me in my place by telling me you put $500 in each and still have money left over for expensive concert tickets!

We ate at Rasika for our anniversary. We go to nice places on special occasions. Special occasions are birthdays, Mother's Day, anniversary. Some people regard "Friday night" as a special occasion. That's not thrifty. But if it makes them happy and doesn't sink them into debt, good for them.

Of course rich people don't spend all day on message boards talking about what they picked up at used record fairs or talking about shows. Except maybe Seth, but then that's his job. I never said it was my goal to be rich.

I think I speak for the board when I say, James Ford, we don't give a shit about any of your financial decisions or vacations.... again, it merely shows how insecure you are that you permanently trot out your lifestyle choices as some paragon of virtue.

Personally, I think if you spent a bit more time, you know, making money instead of posting on this board maybe you could afford to eat at Le Diplomat once in a while without worrying so much about your kid's college fund or whatever... At the end of the day you're "thrifty" because you really ain't got all that much.... trust me: the well heeled don't sit around on internet boards talking about how much money they can save on a growler or steak at outback.

dude...for the last time... nobody cares... .the point is I don't consider it rude of you to talk about your own lifestyle choices even if I couldn't give less of a shit. ...but when you start talking about others.. making assumptions...."grading" them on their choices....that's just poor form... and if you don't get it at your age...well, you don't get it and you evidently aren't going to get it... I feel kind of sorry for you actually.

and yes, you are permanently putting down other people's choices based on lack of thriftiness...whether its concerts people go to, restaurants or whatever...i've had you even tell me that i should feel bad for spending money on tickets instead of putting it into a college fund for my kids .. come on now...get the fuck out of here hoser.

Why does he have to tell you how much money he is saving for his kids college education?   It is his business. 

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2014, 03:43:30 pm »
I think you should both shake hands, put this behind you, and consider purchasing a walk-in humidor together as a good investment project.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2014, 03:44:02 pm »
He doesn't. But it would be a better and smarter way to put me in my place than simply telling me to go fuck myself.

So how much are you putting in your two kids college funds, monthly, Hutch? You could really put me in my place by telling me you put $500 in each and still have money left over for expensive concert tickets!

We ate at Rasika for our anniversary. We go to nice places on special occasions. Special occasions are birthdays, Mother's Day, anniversary. Some people regard "Friday night" as a special occasion. That's not thrifty. But if it makes them happy and doesn't sink them into debt, good for them.

Of course rich people don't spend all day on message boards talking about what they picked up at used record fairs or talking about shows. Except maybe Seth, but then that's his job. I never said it was my goal to be rich.

I think I speak for the board when I say, James Ford, we don't give a shit about any of your financial decisions or vacations.... again, it merely shows how insecure you are that you permanently trot out your lifestyle choices as some paragon of virtue.

Personally, I think if you spent a bit more time, you know, making money instead of posting on this board maybe you could afford to eat at Le Diplomat once in a while without worrying so much about your kid's college fund or whatever... At the end of the day you're "thrifty" because you really ain't got all that much.... trust me: the well heeled don't sit around on internet boards talking about how much money they can save on a growler or steak at outback.

dude...for the last time... nobody cares... .the point is I don't consider it rude of you to talk about your own lifestyle choices even if I couldn't give less of a shit. ...but when you start talking about others.. making assumptions...."grading" them on their choices....that's just poor form... and if you don't get it at your age...well, you don't get it and you evidently aren't going to get it... I feel kind of sorry for you actually.

and yes, you are permanently putting down other people's choices based on lack of thriftiness...whether its concerts people go to, restaurants or whatever...i've had you even tell me that i should feel bad for spending money on tickets instead of putting it into a college fund for my kids .. come on now...get the fuck out of here hoser.

Why does he have to tell you how much money he is saving for his kids college education?   It is his business. 

It isn't a competition.  I think his response was appropiate.  I don't get why you feel you need to give people financial advice.  When you can afford to buy a new car let us know.

ggw

« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2014, 03:57:23 pm »
I think you should both shake hands, put this behind you, and consider purchasing a walk-in humidor together as a good investment project.

Humidor, sabreage, Burberry...

1996 called.  It wants its cliched luxury hallmarks back.

stevewizzle

« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2014, 03:59:33 pm »

Yeah what gets me the most is he has this arrogant attitude that what he is doing is so much better than us.   I don't get how he thinks he is so much better than everyone else either.  And this sob story.  

James ,My mom had an 8th grade education and grew up in Nazi Germany.  She came to this country at 28 and couldn't speak English.  My father never gave me or my sister anything and he didn't graduate from college.  No one paid for our college.  No one gave us anything.  

My sister bought a million dollar house in Fairfax City and paid cash. My mom paid cash for her brand new condo.  We owe less than 50k on our house.  Most of us are adults and know how to manage our household.  We don't need your advice James.  If we did we would ask for it.  And if my Mom or my Mother-in-law needed money I would expect my wife or me to give what we wanted to them without the other partner telling us we couldn't.

If you pay off your house let us know.  That is something to be proud of.  Telling us we are wrong and you are right is just annoying as hell.

the atomic story continues to fascinate me.  

« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2014, 04:00:20 pm »

Humidor, sabreage, Burberry...

1996 called.  It wants its cliched luxury hallmarks back.
Well, 1996 can try and pry them from my white-knuckled, well-manicured death grip then.
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2014, 04:01:44 pm »
Trust me. I can afford to buy a new car, with cash. I drive all of 20 miles per week, so seemingly don't need a new car, do I? There, I let you know.

It isn't a competition.  I think his response was appropiate.  I don't get why you feel you need to give people financial advice.  When you can afford to buy a new car let us know.

« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2014, 04:02:08 pm »

Yeah what gets me the most is he has this arrogant attitude that what he is doing is so much better than us.   I don't get how he thinks he is so much better than everyone else either.  And this sob story.  

James ,My mom had an 8th grade education and grew up in Nazi Germany.  She came to this country at 28 and couldn't speak English.  My father never gave me or my sister anything and he didn't graduate from college.  No one paid for our college.  No one gave us anything.  

My sister bought a million dollar house in Fairfax City and paid cash. My mom paid cash for her brand new condo.  We owe less than 50k on our house.  Most of us are adults and know how to manage our household.  We don't need your advice James.  If we did we would ask for it.  And if my Mom or my Mother-in-law needed money I would expect my wife or me to give what we wanted to them without the other partner telling us we couldn't.

If you pay off your house let us know.  That is something to be proud of.  Telling us we are wrong and you are right is just annoying as hell.

the atomic story continues to fascinate me.  
Agreed. Am I the only one wondering if by "came to this country" he means "had a multi-decade layover in South/Central America before inevitably making it into America once the attention died down"?
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2014, 04:12:08 pm »
Trust me. I can afford to buy a new car, with cash. I drive all of 20 miles per week, so seemingly don't need a new car, do I? There, I let you know.

My total miles on my commute during the weeks is 25 miles.  I walk home if I have to much to drink at happy hour.   And I have a new car.  And when you mean you can pay cash for a new car you mean a Nissan Versa sedan, don't you?  The real question is would your wife let you buy a new car?

James Ford

« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2014, 04:16:32 pm »
Yes, my wife would let me buy a new car. I have enough money to buy something much nicer than a Nissan Versa. But I count that money as "life insurance" money. Rather than paying money to an insurance company for life insurance.

Why spend money on a car I don't need? It makes no sense.

My total miles on my commute during the weeks is 25 miles.  I walk home if I have to much to drink at happy hour.   And I have a new car.  And when you mean you can pay cash for a new car you mean a Nissan Versa sedan, don't you?  The real question is would your wife let you buy a new car?

atomic

« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2014, 04:24:16 pm »
Yes, my wife would let me buy a new car. I have enough money to buy something much nicer than a Nissan Versa. But I count that money as "life insurance" money. Rather than paying money to an insurance company for life insurance.

Why spend money on a car I don't need? It makes no sense.

A new car would be much safer than your current ride. 

Here is my financial  advice to you.  Cash out the 401k.  Buy yourself an Audi R8.  Go to Neiman Marcus and spend like there is no tomorrow.  Don't forget to buy something nice for your mom and then go on an around world the vacation leaving the wife and kid at home.  You only live once.  Why not live it up a bit. 

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2014, 04:27:46 pm »
Jesus Fucking H Christ people.  Six god damn pages of "Am Not - Are Too" over a fucking food coupon thread with only ONE on topic post (thanks Yada for trying).  REALLY?  Speaks volumes indeed...
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2014, 05:16:55 pm »

No it would not because I don't accept you have any right to know anything about my finances or how I spend money for concerts or not....

the point is its none of your business what other people do with their money or whether they are as cheap as you are;yes cheap people always think they are "thrifty" and "smart" with their money..trust me nobody walks around thinking they're cheap but if you've been around this world a while you know there are cheap people out there.... and for you to constantly make it your business what others do with their money is rude.

like I said..if you don't get it man...you don't get it...

I mean people have to explain their financial decisions to YOU because of exactly WHY? who the fuck are you? My financial advisor? A financial advisor of any sort?

You have a very bad tendency to like to tell others what the right thing to do is- invariably whatever you are doing- without knowing them or their circumstances at all.... when they protest- as I'm doing- you try to bait them into telling you about their finances or what have you...

i'm done with this.

James Ford

« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2014, 05:43:26 pm »
Ahh, but you make it our business by posting your purchases on a very public forum. Don't want strangers to have thoughts about your personal transactions? Don't post your personal transactions.

No it would not because I don't accept you have any right to know anything about my finances or how I spend money for concerts or not....

the point is its none of your business what other people do with their money or whether they are as cheap as you are;yes cheap people always think they are "thrifty" and "smart" with their money..trust me nobody walks around thinking they're cheap but if you've been around this world a while you know there are cheap people out there.... and for you to constantly make it your business what others do with their money is rude.

I mean people have to explain their financial decisions to YOU because of exactly WHY? who the fuck are you? My financial advisor? A financial advisor of any sort?

You have a very bad tendency to like to tell others what the right thing to do is- invariably whatever you are doing- without knowing them or their circumstances at all.... when they protest- as I'm doing- you try to bait them into telling you about their finances or what have you...

i'm done with this.

« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2014, 05:48:14 pm »
Ahh, but you make it our business by posting your purchases on a very public forum. Don't want strangers to have thoughts about your personal transactions? Don't post your personal transactions.

i'm done with this.

Alternately, only post about them in Just Announced. No one will discuss it at all because killsaly/azag/vas are delicate, delicate flowers who cannot have their gentle, Baltimore-noise-rock-house-show petals ruffled.
LVMH