Author Topic: Best two album sequence by a band  (Read 23769 times)

hutch

Re: Best two album sequence by a band
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2014, 04:48:39 pm »
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds- Let Love in/Murder Ballads/Boatman's Call

hutch

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2014, 04:48:58 pm »
Guided By Voices- Bee Thousand/Alien Lanes

Yada

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2014, 04:55:01 pm »
NWA

Straight Outta Compton > Niggaz4Life

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2014, 05:13:31 pm »
I actually have to work at my new job so I don't have time to think up an intelligent reply to the question posed by the thread title.  But aside from picking albums that are actually by different artists, atomic couldn't have screwed his up any worse.

Yada

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2014, 05:14:29 pm »
I actually have to work at my new job so I don't have time to think up an intelligent reply to the question posed by the thread title.  But aside from picking albums that are actually by different artists, atomic couldn't have screwed his up any worse.

the master troller.

bearman🐻

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2014, 05:17:02 pm »

I was sorta surprised to see Adele on that list. Weird.

I still think most bands worth a damn puts out more than one "great" record and usually they're back to back. And my point was suggesting that a lot of times it's more than one. You can take your pick.

atomic

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2014, 05:42:11 pm »

I still think most bands worth a damn puts out more than one "great" record and usually they're back to back. And my point was suggesting that a lot of times it's more than one. You can take your pick.

Maybe you have lower standards to what is great.

atomic

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2014, 05:53:08 pm »

Why would you be suprised by Adele.  She has sold 35 million albums between the two.  That is a good sign that a lot of people think they are great albums.  You would be more likely to question Husker Du who never had an album in the top 100 and weren't popular in the punk/hardcore scene back in the day.

hutch

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2014, 06:30:11 pm »
fuckin a atomic when you going to get it that sales do not equal quality? stop being such a low level troll and amp up your game.

the new kids on the block sold a trillion records.. i guess you think they're quality too?

Relaxer

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2014, 06:41:18 pm »
I think its pretty remarkable that bands like Husker Du and Meat Puppets recorded albums on the extreme cheap, with no production budgets, no label promotion, nothing, and they're still relevant, discussed and beloved 30 years later. That is significant.

I agree that Adele is talented and her records will be listened to in the future, but you cannot compare her 'art' to bands that made music entirely on their own, without a legion of handlers and writers and promo people, that is still cherished by a significant number of people.
oword

bearman🐻

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2014, 06:42:25 pm »

Why would you be suprised by Adele.  She has sold 35 million albums between the two.  That is a good sign that a lot of people think they are great albums.  You would be more likely to question Husker Du who never had an album in the top 100 and weren't popular in the punk/hardcore scene back in the day.

God you're naive. I feel sorry for you.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2014, 07:02:29 pm »
Semisonic - Great Divide > Feeling Strangely Fine
T.Rex

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2014, 07:06:58 pm »
FZ: Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar -> You Are What You Is
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2014, 07:08:54 pm »
Luna- Penthouse and the one before Penthouse

bearman🐻

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2014, 07:09:49 pm »
Luna- Penthouse and the one before Penthouse

Hutch, I was JUST listening to Penthouse. Agreed. 2 of my favorites.