Author Topic: Three Bands/Artists You Regret Never Seeing In Concert  (Read 23488 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: Three Bands/Artists You Regret Never Seeing In Concert
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2014, 03:53:55 pm »
Not to put a damper on the discussion but this is a show I wish I had attended...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7d_qAfihyQ
FUKIT

Unsanity

« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2014, 04:32:56 pm »
:(
Fugazi-just got into them and could've easily gone to what ended up being their last fort reno show.

8)
RATM
The Cramps

That Fort Reno Fugazi show...I was in high school and my mom would not let me go. It must have been a school night or something. Little did I know that was it for them grrr.

That last Cramps show at 9:30 was awesome. Really glad I went to that. It was pretty expensive for me at the time ($35 maybe?) but the opening bands were great and Lux was hilarious. I remember him saying how DC had the best crack (his lips looked a little brown and burnt hahaha) Poison Ivy looked so annoyed with him hahaha.

I never got to see RATM in their heyday but they toured with the Rock The Bells festival in 2007 and I made a point to go up to NYC to see them. Wu Tang Clan, the real MF DOOM, Black Star, and lots of other great rappers and groups were there as well. Even though it rained for several hours it was a great experience.

hutch

« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2014, 04:34:22 pm »
what year was the last Fugazi show at Fort Reno?

I saw them there once but I doubt it was their last

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2014, 12:30:41 am »
How could I have left these guys off?  Yeah I'm that fucking old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udyNr0pY6ak
FUKIT

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2014, 08:57:38 am »
Seeing some of these lists makes me realize how lucky I am to have seen so many bands over the years.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2014, 12:10:30 pm »
Seeing some of these lists makes me realize how lucky I am to have seen so many bands over the years.

I had been thinking the same thing actually.  I have seen a very good number of the bands mentioned.
FUKIT

bearman🐻

« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2014, 12:22:25 pm »

Saw a show last night with a buddy of mine from college...we played the "have you seen...?" game and through the course of the conversation we realized we both have seen some pretty spectacular stuff over the years.

He saw Johnny Cash, Beck on the Mellow Gold tour at American University (the Tavern, NOT Bender Arena), The Ramones, a bunch of fun shows at the old 9:30 (Weezer, the Melvins, the Cramps).

bzlrbi

« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2014, 08:40:07 am »
Led Zeppelin.  I had tickets for the Presence tour, at Madison Square Garden, as a senior in high school but caught the measles.  I did get out of a calculus final, though.

The Band, with Robbie Robertson.  I could've done this on their last tour as we were allowed to go to concerts with friends at age 16.  Saw the ad, thought about it.

Pink Floyd, with Roger Waters.  I tried to get tickets to The Wall and Animals tours, but was shut out.  They had a mail order system.

(Also, the Clash with Mick Jones.  I saw them post-Mick but they were a shell of former selves by then.)