Author Topic: How is there not a Serial thread yet?  (Read 44168 times)

Re: How is there not a Serial thread yet?
« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2022, 12:02:15 pm »
I just saw the first season on an airplane going to and coming back from Europe. Have not see season 2. It's pretty good. Not great.
yeah, but if you didn't listen to serial, I think it's not as funny
it's not the best thing I've ever seen, but martin short kills me in it
I was surprised how much I liked Gomez in that role
At first I was like, what is she doing with these heavyweights, but I think she holds her own

I think the second season is worth it if you ejoyed the first
not must see TV, but up there in the top ten shows I've watched in the last year

I will say I'm interested in  B.J. Novak's Vengeance...looks like it could be really good (or suck really bad)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 12:06:04 pm by Special-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2022, 12:04:28 pm »
it's not the best thing I've ever seen, but martin short kills me in it
I was surprised how much I liked Gomez in that role
At first I was like, what is she doing with these heavyweights, but I think she holds her own
Agree with all these points. Going to get around to watching season 2 here soon.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2022, 01:07:26 pm »
NEW SERIAL EPISODE OH MAH GAWD INSERT HEADS EXPLODE MEME GIF MP4 AVI BBQ WTF!!!111

‘Serial’ streams new episode after Adnan Syed released
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2022, 04:31:11 pm »
Which one?

Absolutely nothing that happened yesterday has changed my opinion of this case or the podcast:

Most believable thing I've read yet.

As a lawyer, it was difficult to listen to the podcast at times, especially the way it was being edited.  There's a huge difference between actual guilt and legal guilt and that probably should have been explained more.  Either way, all of my theories went out the door when Jay led the cops to her car.

At that point, it was motive of Jay vs motive of Adnan, and frankly, since Adnan had absolutely no alibi, it was hard to fathom it being anyone else.

Do I think the prosecution had enough to go beyond a reasonable doubt?  Not with the way this information was presented no, and I could raise serious questions about his attorney's defense, but I wouldn't go that far unless I had read the entire trial proceedings, which, frankly, I'm not going to do.  But I definitely think Ms. Gutierrez could have done a better job.

Do I think Adnan killed Hae? Yes, but the job is on the prosecution to put together more evidence than they did (or more than we were presented).

Deidre's well off the mark on this one.  She has absolutely nothing to tie Ronald Moore and Jay together.  Until then, she needs to look at the real picture and ignore the big picture, which for her is anybody but Adnan.

My favorite part of the podcast was when Adnan got upset about Sarah saying he was such a nice guy that it makes it difficult to believe he could do it.  The whole premise of her show was that an attorney contacted her because this really nice kid was convicted of a crime that they just couldn't be he was capable of doing.  That doesn't mean shit and he had the exact right response - that doesn't help me one bit, so let's a find a way where I didn't do this with FACT that I can take to the courts.  That didn't happen - not even close.

Well, that and where Christina found out Jay's attorney was arranged by the prosecutor and Sarah says "if you or you're loved one is an attorney their mouth is wide open right now" and sure enough, when my fiancee looked over, my mouth was wide open.  That was pretty funny.
27>34

« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2022, 05:18:13 pm »
god...2014!
That was a fantastic summary. 
So he killed her, but should go free....ack
slack

vansmack

« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2022, 07:36:04 pm »
but should go free....ack

"I wouldn't go that far unless I had read the entire trial proceedings, which, frankly, I'm not going to do."

27>34

« Reply #171 on: October 11, 2022, 11:23:56 am »
Prosecutors Drop Charges Against Adnan Syed
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2023, 02:45:34 pm »
😐 🎶

vansmack

« Reply #173 on: March 28, 2023, 03:16:27 pm »
Procedural.

The lawyers keep winning.  No one else is.....
27>34