Author Topic: Is that a hydrometer in your pocket or are you just happy to see me  (Read 14825 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Is that a hydrometer in your pocket or are you just happy to see me
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2021, 04:05:18 am »
hmmm, sounds intriguing!
https://www.brewerspublications.com/products/brewing-with-cannabis?

personally, it's not that intriguing.  unless you're sitting on a lot of weed, or are ok with making a single gallon of the stuff, making pot beer isn't practical.  also, i like to control my dosage separately - mixing the two means you're locked in to a fixed ratio of THC:alcohol.  finally, alcohol kicks in a lot fast than mary jane when ingested through the stomach, so unless you put a crap ton of bud in the beer you'll be really buzzed on alcohol before the THC kicks in. 

the one thing that is appealing is the aroma impacts of marijuana on beer.  last year i tasted a beer spike with marijuana terpenes - so no buzz but all the aroma - and it smelled heavenly.
<sig>

« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2021, 04:56:20 pm »
43 years ago today, President Carter legalized homebrewing in all 50 states!
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2021, 07:40:04 pm »
true, but states then had to pass regulations legalizing it, so it took a while before folks could legally make bad beer at home.  the last two states, Mississippi and Alabama, didn't pass legalization laws until 2013... way to be slow, Deep South.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2021, 07:48:30 pm »
prior to Carter's legalization, the number of breweries in the US has been steadily declining.  in 1978, the year that Carter allowed homebrewing, there were only 89 breweries in the entire country - the lowest number since the first settlers arrived on american shores.  as we all (should) know, the vast, vast majority of craft brewers started off in their garages - so ol' jimmy is, in a way, the godfather of the craft beer industry.

<sig>