Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1654840 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #7485 on: December 12, 2023, 09:18:33 pm »
Does anyone know when this lease is up? This is kinda wild.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #7486 on: December 12, 2023, 09:19:57 pm »
So why not renew lease?

In another 20 years, the building will be worthless.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #7487 on: December 13, 2023, 12:04:58 am »
Wizards, Capitals owner to announce plans to move teams to Northern Virginia, sources say

BIG EDIT TO STORY

Following news of the announcement, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser released details Tuesday night of the city’s “best and final offer” to keep the Wizards and Capitals in Capital One Arena in Chinatown. Bowser and D.C. Council Chairman Phil Mendelson unveiled legislation that would put $500 million in city funding toward the renovation and modernization of Capital One Arena.

😐 🎶

Hutch

« Reply #7488 on: December 13, 2023, 02:50:38 am »
I don’t get it….seems like a ploy to appear like you tried

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7489 on: December 13, 2023, 09:13:58 am »
I don’t get it….seems like a ploy to appear like you tried
Its exactly that.
LVMH

« Reply #7490 on: December 13, 2023, 09:27:29 am »
Personally, I think the taxpayers should say fuck that shit
why should we fiund 500 million for someone else to make the profits

To bring jobs and tax revenue… will it come close to 500m in 10-20 years?
I’m sure there’s some tax deal they got to

these big stadiums are  such a big boondoggle for cities with all the history shit deals. Why would cities would even do it with that knowledge

(although as I say that the Virginia taxpayers are considering taking this deal on, so I will be opposed to that too, make the Marilyn tax base pay for it)
slack

Hutch

« Reply #7492 on: December 13, 2023, 09:52:15 am »
That’s one way of looking at it…..

I think Abe Pollin moving the Capitals and Wizards to DC worked out in DC’s favor…..

Now you may say that’s cause he shouldered the financial load but can you put a price on what that move meant to DC? I mean let’s say what if Pollin had asked for money….I think it’s pretty clear it would have been worth it (forget that DC was broke then)

And you may say that DC should not invest a dime in keeping the teams….but do you know where that dime goes? Are you assuming if DC “saves” this money it does something worthwhile with it? Cause I got news for you: DC government is a black hole of waste.

More, I always found the deal between DC and Major League Baseball egregious but do you remember what that area used to be like? Have you been there recently?

I think it’s a lot more complicated than oh the evil billionaire team owners just take the poor peoples money…fuck the rich

Hutch

Space Freely

« Reply #7494 on: December 13, 2023, 10:00:16 am »
That’s one way of looking at it…..

I think Abe Pollin moving the Capitals and Wizards to DC worked out in DC’s favor…..

Now you may say that’s cause he shouldered the financial load but can you put a price on what that move meant to DC? I mean let’s say what if Pollin had asked for money….I think it’s pretty clear it would have been worth it (forget that DC was broke then)

And you may say that DC should not invest a dime in keeping the teams….but do you know where that dime goes? Are you assuming if DC “saves” this money it does something worthwhile with it? Cause I got news for you: DC government is a black hole of waste.

More, I always found the deal between DC and Major League Baseball egregious but do you remember what that area used to be like? Have you been there recently?

I think it’s a lot more complicated than oh the evil billionaire team owners just take the poor peoples money…fuck the rich

Now now, check your racism.

« Reply #7496 on: December 13, 2023, 11:48:53 am »
OK I’m just gonna say it
there’s just not something NOT natural about the sound of the pickle ball being hit
I don’t like the sport based on sound alone
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 03:33:01 pm by Rizz-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Yada

« Reply #7497 on: December 13, 2023, 12:10:49 pm »
Man, Chinatown will get the nail in the coffin with this news. A dump that's never recovered from Covid turning into an even bigger dump.

good night, sweet prince.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7498 on: December 13, 2023, 01:43:47 pm »
OK I’m just gonna say it
there’s just not something natural about the sound of the pickle ball being hit
I don’t like the sport based on sound alone

why not?  some people base their appreciation of a sport, or one of its teams, based on uniforms.  seems to me that acoustics is no worse a criteria.
<sig>

Hutch

« Reply #7499 on: December 13, 2023, 02:26:44 pm »
Pickle ball: tennis for pussies