Author Topic: Reserved Seating at 9:30 Club?  (Read 7117 times)

medeski7

Reserved Seating at 9:30 Club?
« on: December 04, 2014, 02:52:13 pm »
Does this exist?  I went to Trey last night and went in early to get a good spot.  Went to the upstairs bar thinking I might want a bar stool.  When I got there, all the spots in front of the stools were masking taped and marked "reserved."   This is the first time I've seen this at the club.  I know that the middle balcony is some sort of a reserved area as well.  I've always been curious, how does a person go about getting access to the middle balcony, or getting a reserved seat at the top bar?  Is this something that is possible for regular attendees?

hutch

Re: Reserved Seating at 9:30 Club?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 02:59:55 pm »
Does this exist?  I went to Trey last night and went in early to get a good spot.  Went to the upstairs bar thinking I might want a bar stool.  When I got there, all the spots in front of the stools were masking taped and marked "reserved."   This is the first time I've seen this at the club.  I know that the middle balcony is some sort of a reserved area as well.  I've always been curious, how does a person go about getting access to the middle balcony, or getting a reserved seat at the top bar?  Is this something that is possible for regular attendees?

Hey Medeski, been meaning to ask you about your show with Martin, Wood and Scofield? Is it going to be entirely composed of A Go Go stuff or are you guys going to throw some surprises in the mix?

I'm surprised Trey didn't ask you up or that you weren't privy to the reserved seating....

bearman🐻

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 03:03:16 pm »

Usually that middle area is VIP...whenever I've been there I've had a pass. Didn't know about the other spots. If I need a place to sit, typically I try to get there early and find a spot in the balcony around the railing...depending on how sold out the show is, I just park myself there.

hutch

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 03:05:15 pm »
wait..this isn't really Medeski is it?

face palm

medeski7

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 03:06:13 pm »

Hey Medeski, been meaning to ask you about your show with Martin, Wood and Scofield? Is it going to be entirely composed of A Go Go stuff or are you guys going to throw some surprises in the mix?

I'm surprised Trey didn't ask you up or that you weren't privy to the reserved seating....

I thought Trey and I were boys too.  Whatever.  Let's see how accommodating I am next time Ray needs to miss a show.  Still haven't been thanked for Deer Creek or Alpine 2001.  Bastard.

For tonight, we're going to mix it up in hopes of throwing ol' Sco off his game.  We'll start out with something he's familiar with and then I'll give the nod to Billy to do a 45 minute solo on the kalimbas to be accompanied only by bass tuning from Wood and low octave melodica from myself.  

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 03:07:13 pm »
I had back surgery in the last year and when I've went and needed a seat, I called the box office ahead of time and they had my name taped to a seat at the top balcony. They will not reserve seats for anyone who came with you.
LVMH

medeski7

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 03:12:26 pm »
I had back surgery in the last year and when I've went and needed a seat, I called the box office ahead of time and they had my name taped to a seat at the top balcony. They will not reserve seats for anyone who came with you.

Thank you.  I brought my very pregnant wife last night and that was really why I was looking into it.  We ended up getting a seated spot on the rail, but this is good to know for the future. 

Yada

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 03:32:32 pm »

Thank you.  I brought my very pregnant wife last night and that was really why I was looking into it.  We ended up getting a seated spot on the rail, but this is good to know for the future. 

That show was a freakin' snoozer last night Medeski! Hopefully your show tonight brings a little more than pots and pans jamz!

Yada

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 03:36:41 pm »
and to answer your questions, I think the "reserved" seating is for people like Julian and Rat Bastard who fake injuries as well as family/friends of the band/vip.

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 03:44:27 pm »
and to answer your questions, I think the "reserved" seating is for people like Julian and Rat Bastard who fake injuries as well as family/friends of the band/vip.
You got me. I took weeks off of work so I wouldn't have to stand during Kraftwerk.

And you don't even want to know how committed RatBastard is to the lie.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 03:57:44 pm »
You got me. I took weeks off of work so I wouldn't have to stand during Kraftwerk.

I saw him once in a full body cast at the club.

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 04:18:16 pm »

I saw him once in a full body cast at the club.
That one time he killed his sister because he wanted a three-day weekend? Classic RatBastard.
LVMH

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 05:11:45 pm »

That literally made me laugh out loud.  Thanks I needed that.  From the 9:30 FAQ comes this...

Q: Does the 9:30 Club have seats?
A: Unless a show is advertised as seated, which is rare, our shows are general admission and standing room only. A very small number of bar stools are available on a first-come, first-serve basis in the balcony. Patrons with special needs should call 202.265.0930 in advance to make arrangements.
FUKIT