Author Topic: Happy 50th Anniversary Grateful Dead  (Read 65067 times)

Yada

Re: Happy 50th Anniversary Grateful Dead
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2015, 03:01:20 pm »
will Donna and Robert Hunter be there?

Hunter in particular.

I hope not re: Donna and why would Robert Hunter perform with them?

hutch

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2015, 03:17:14 pm »

Hunter in particular.

Well he should be acknowledged bigtime .. he only wrote the lyrics for almost every great song they ever had.. try to imagine the Dead without him

I fear they are writing him out of this reunion... it would be a great shame..

as far as Donna: she was in the Dead for years....she is still alive..she should be there and on stage for a song or two..its the right thing to do

Yada

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2015, 03:23:01 pm »

Hunter in particular.

Well he should be acknowledged bigtime .. he only wrote the lyrics for almost every great song they ever had.. try to imagine the Dead without him

as far as Donna: she was in the Dead for years....she is still alive..she should be there and on stage for a song or two..its the right thing to do

I'm not denying Hunter's importance to the Grateful Dead, however, he's never performed with them... so why start now?

Re: Donna, I just find her voice grating.

hutch

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2015, 03:28:43 pm »

Hunter in particular.

I'm not denying Hunter's importance to the Grateful Dead, however, he's never performed with them... so why start now?

Re: Donna, I just find her voice grating.

i never said he should perform ... but he does need to be acknowledged ON THE STAGE

it almost seems like they've been trying to write him out of the history for a while now...since 2003's tour i can't think of any linkages...that is weird.

I think Hunter may be the best American lyricist -in the post tin pan alley period- along wth Dylan and Cohen (who I realize is Canadian).....

the Dead, without him, would not exist.. he's alive and well..he should be there and I'm not talking about just hanging out with Bill Walton in the VIP section

hutch

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2015, 03:31:52 pm »
and while Hunter may not have "performed" with them he was a part of the Dead... he is on the cover of Workingmans Dead for example

hutch

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2015, 03:32:30 pm »
still bummed that DC show was cancelled

i wrote his booking agent this week asking for a DC show sometime...

he wrote back "Eventually, eventually"...we'll see...

fatskippy

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2015, 04:32:41 pm »
I received my rejection letter from mail order, going to try for one of the travel packages.

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2015, 04:33:29 pm »
I received my rejection letter from mail order, going to try for one of the travel packages.
please post so we can all commiserate
slack

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2015, 09:52:23 pm »
I got rejected, too.  Not feeling good about the odds of getting in to this one.  :'(

hutch

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2015, 10:00:35 pm »
a good friend of mine who has been doing the mail order thing for DECADES got rejected.. i'm talking old school hardcore deadhead who would usually get GREAT seats

I think they've changed the way they do it. and some of the personnel doing it if not all have changed..

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2015, 10:03:59 pm »
a good friend of mine who has been doing the mail order thing for DECADES got rejected.. i'm talking old school hardcore deadhead who would usually get GREAT seats

I think they've changed the way they do it. and some of the personnel doing it if not all have changed..
HP?
slack

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2015, 10:09:31 pm »
I think the problem is they made that instructional video...too good!
and the volume increased because it was harder to make some of the rookie mistakes like not sending a S.A.S.E.  (god can't remember the last time I've done that)
slack

hutch

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2015, 08:10:33 am »

HP?

yup...I could not believe it...

K8teebug

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2015, 09:18:28 am »
I really dislike Donna. Lord she cannot sing. Am I the only one?

Yada

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2015, 10:04:52 am »

Hutch, they changed the mail order system about 15 years ago.