Author Topic: Need help, trying to get an autograph for best friend's birthday  (Read 34984 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Need help, trying to get an autograph for best friend's birthday
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2015, 04:29:30 pm »
Worse case scenario, you can forge some signatures and lie about it. Dishonesty is definitely the best policy.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2015, 04:34:00 pm »
The lead singer has major gluten intolerance.  Craft some tale around your friend's near fatal encounter with severe and untreated celiac problems.

sgoldberg08

« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2015, 04:49:56 pm »
The lead singer has major gluten intolerance.  Craft some tale around your friend's near fatal encounter with severe and untreated celiac problems.

I feel like we're moving the wrong way along the aforementioned spectrum.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2015, 05:01:55 pm »

I agree. The lead singer appears to be female; why don't you try telling how your friend was the victim of male patriarchal privilege and hopefully before she is TRIGGERED into a rage she'll scribble your friend a signature.
LVMH

« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2015, 05:49:15 pm »

you really came to the wrong place then...as moving the wrong way is our MO
but man do we have heart
slack

ggw

« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2015, 05:49:40 pm »

I agree. The lead singer appears to be female; why don't you try telling how your friend was the victim of male patriarchal privilege and hopefully before she is TRIGGERED into a rage she'll scribble your friend a signature.

But, honestly, who isn't a victim of male patriarchal privilege?

sgoldberg08

« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2015, 06:16:36 pm »
But, honestly, who isn't a victim of male patriarchal privilege?

It's how I got where I am today.

« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2015, 06:27:23 pm »
that's the spirit goldie
Gabba gabba, we accept you, we accept you, one of us
slack

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2015, 09:10:43 pm »
why I did this . . . I do not know.  maybe, I am nice guy.  maybe, I just wanted, this thread to live, forever.  but I went to London grammar's facebook page and private messaged them this:

"Your group is playing the 930 club in DC, coming up.  The 930 club has a online community forum, where people talk about all kinds of crazy things.  Well . . . there is this guy on there called "Goldberg" who is desperate to get a signed photo of your band for a girl he is trying to impress.  Isn't that so sweet of him!  Anyway, it would mean the world to him, and the rest of us on the 930 club forum, if there is anyway you could get him a signed photo of the band for his "special someone."  How that would happen, I am not sure . . . but thank you so much for reading this, and have a great show at the club!!"

Thanks so much! I did the same but haven't gotten a response.  Maybe if more people sent them similar messages, it might just get their attention! (Hint hint everyone)

Walkonby (may I call you Walky like everyone else?), you are a nice guy.  Thanks for doing that.

Yes, you may call me walky, or walkie, I prefer walk,on,by . . . But i don't expect people to actually type that out every time.  I hope this works out for you.  And I hope I get married in the club too.  You and your arfie, can come.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2015, 10:52:42 pm »
I agree wholeheartedly.  Though I think the ebola/brain tumor route may be a little too transparent.  The challenge is coming up with a lie that is reasonable enough to be believable, yet will still catch attention and inspire action.  Unfortunately, the reasonable/motivational spectra share such little common real estate that hitting the overlap is like finding the spot on the urinal that doesn't create splash back. 

that's some literary gold right there (by this board's standards, anyways).  i'm really warming up to this goldberg kid.
<sig>

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2015, 08:43:13 am »
As a parent of two kids with celiac disease....this is your best angle.  Nothing endears me more to a person than when someone takes the time to bake a tasty gluten free treat for them.

Send cookies.

sgoldberg08

« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2015, 10:37:35 am »
I agree wholeheartedly.  Though I think the ebola/brain tumor route may be a little too transparent.  The challenge is coming up with a lie that is reasonable enough to be believable, yet will still catch attention and inspire action.  Unfortunately, the reasonable/motivational spectra share such little common real estate that hitting the overlap is like finding the spot on the urinal that doesn't create splash back. 

that's some literary gold right there (by this board's standards, anyways).  i'm really warming up to this goldberg kid.

Haha, thanks sweetcell. The product of a rare moment of clarity. 

sgoldberg08

« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2015, 10:38:50 am »
Well, everyone, today is the big day.

« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2015, 11:52:03 am »
yeah...London Grammar has canceled before (I want to say twice)....so you might get another chance :)

also you know it's an early show (they will be done by 9!) so finding them at the Satellite room (right behind the club) after their set is likely
met up with many a performer there after their shows
slack

sgoldberg08

« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2015, 12:14:55 pm »
Oh wow, I didn't realize that the show was so early.  Thanks for the heads up there! 

The tricky part would be not getting spotted by my friend... Anyone here consider him/herself a master of disguise?  Tips, tricks, and cautionary advice all welcome.