Author Topic: Need help, trying to get an autograph for best friend's birthday  (Read 35074 times)

hutch

Re: Need help, trying to get an autograph for best friend's birthday
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2015, 07:55:51 pm »
Sometimes I feel like I'm beating a dead horse....

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2015, 09:22:36 pm »
im not sure what you mean by that, hutch.  I always think of the sex pistols when I hear that phrase.

and I just know, Goldberg, has no clue either. 

here's hoping more information is released tomorrow regarding this whole signed band picture thing.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2015, 10:25:28 am »
why I did this . . . I do not know.  maybe, I am nice guy.  maybe, I just wanted, this thread to live, forever.  but I went to London grammar's facebook page and private messaged them this:

"Your group is playing the 930 club in DC, coming up.  The 930 club has a online community forum, where people talk about all kinds of crazy things.  Well . . . there is this guy on there called "Goldberg" who is desperate to get a signed photo of your band for a girl he is trying to impress.  Isn't that so sweet of him!  Anyway, it would mean the world to him, and the rest of us on the 930 club forum, if there is anyway you could get him a signed photo of the band for his "special someone."  How that would happen, I am not sure . . . but thank you so much for reading this, and have a great show at the club!!"

hutch

« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2015, 10:32:53 am »
awesome dude.. keep us posted on developments....

and remember the old maxim: when there is no news you make the news.

« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2015, 10:34:47 am »
I think this goes with out saying....but I want to see a Selfie with Arfin and said signed photo if this happens
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2015, 10:58:00 am »
desperate to get a signed photo of your band for a girl he is trying to impress.  Isn't that so sweet of him! 

his "special someone." 
LVMH

« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2015, 11:01:21 am »
but I want to see a Selfie with Arfin and said signed photo if this happens
"Sorry, Best Friend, my dog ate your autograph!"
LVMH

sgoldberg08

« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2015, 11:05:40 am »
why I did this . . . I do not know.  maybe, I am nice guy.  maybe, I just wanted, this thread to live, forever.  but I went to London grammar's facebook page and private messaged them this:

"Your group is playing the 930 club in DC, coming up.  The 930 club has a online community forum, where people talk about all kinds of crazy things.  Well . . . there is this guy on there called "Goldberg" who is desperate to get a signed photo of your band for a girl he is trying to impress.  Isn't that so sweet of him!  Anyway, it would mean the world to him, and the rest of us on the 930 club forum, if there is anyway you could get him a signed photo of the band for his "special someone."  How that would happen, I am not sure . . . but thank you so much for reading this, and have a great show at the club!!"

Thanks so much! I did the same but haven't gotten a response.  Maybe if more people sent them similar messages, it might just get their attention! (Hint hint everyone)

Walkonby (may I call you Walky like everyone else?), you are a nice guy.  Thanks for doing that.

sgoldberg08

« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2015, 11:06:35 am »
I think this goes with out saying....but I want to see a Selfie with Arfin and said signed photo if this happens

I won't disappoint.

« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2015, 01:52:10 pm »
Can we address that Walkie's letter -- while well-intentioned -- basically sounds like what someone would say if they were trying to trick their grandmother into doing something? Nothing says rock and roll quite like "Isn't that sweet of him?"
LVMH

sgoldberg08

« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2015, 02:51:36 pm »
Can we address that Walkie's letter -- while well-intentioned -- basically sounds like what someone would say if they were trying to trick their grandmother into doing something? Nothing says rock and roll quite like "Isn't that sweet of him?"
You never know what will work on people.  What did your message to them say?

« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2015, 03:17:46 pm »
What did your message to them say?
I told them my best friend is a huge fan of their opener Until The Ribbon Breaks, and could they please help out by asking them to sign an autograph and mail it to me. My plan is they're going to feel really awkward about asking their opener to do this and send me their own autograph instead as a sort of "I'm sorry" gesture. I will then take that autograph and mail it to you, leaving the band none the wiser that I manipulated them into giving me an autograph they never knew I wanted anyway.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2015, 03:20:21 pm »
You really need to step up your game and say your friend has ebola or an inoperable brain tumor or something. 

« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2015, 03:22:04 pm »
You really need to step up your game and say your friend has ebola or an inoperable brain tumor or something. 
SGoldberg08, I know you're new here and don't know all of the nuances of this community just yet, but let me assure you, GGW and I agree rarely, if ever.

I only inform you of that to sufficiently preface me stating that he's entirely correct and lying is almost certainly the answer to your conundrum, one way or another.
LVMH

sgoldberg08

« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2015, 04:28:34 pm »
SGoldberg08, I know you're new here and don't know all of the nuances of this community just yet, but let me assure you, GGW and I agree rarely, if ever.

I only inform you of that to sufficiently preface me stating that he's entirely correct and lying is almost certainly the answer to your conundrum, one way or another.

I agree wholeheartedly.  Though I think the ebola/brain tumor route may be a little too transparent.  The challenge is coming up with a lie that is reasonable enough to be believable, yet will still catch attention and inspire action.  Unfortunately, the reasonable/motivational spectra share such little common real estate that hitting the overlap is like finding the spot on the urinal that doesn't create splash back.