Author Topic: Official 930 Club Belle and Sebastian Echostage June 11 Show  (Read 51160 times)

vansmack

Re: Official 930 Club Belle and Sebastian Echostage June 11 Show
« Reply #165 on: June 12, 2015, 02:22:01 pm »
they played "My Wandering Days are Over"
Stuart talked a little bit about how that it was the first song he wrote as B&S
He said he penned it in Jan of 96 was joking how some in the front weren't even born then
as he was staring 50 in the face (although he is only 46)

Funny.  He told us the first song he wrote for B&S was Le Pastie De La Bourgeoisie.
27>34

Yada

« Reply #166 on: June 12, 2015, 02:22:05 pm »
Some dancing ensued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRVu6W2cXH4

Fantastic.

It also allowed me to find this:

Lord Anthony > Piazza.  Just my 2 cents. Especially in concert.

They played both in SF.  And it was the acoustic version of Piazza while he was walking in the crowd.

Piazza
v
Lord Anthony

!0 Tracks from the Berkeley Show
must say, the girls who got up and danced at the SF show could actually dance and were much hotter than the ones in DC
4.20 on this clip of sukie
Although I did get to the most awkward fist pump/high five with Jericho

This is what 10 seconds of the DC video looked like to me.

emmanuel

Re: Official 930 Club Belle and Sebastian Echoplex June 11 Show
« Reply #167 on: June 12, 2015, 02:24:02 pm »

I wonder how many other cities have a community like the 9:30 BB...truly awesome folks. Sidehatch, you qualify as elite boardie before me for sure. Sure we're elitist snobs, but at least we like good music.

I wonder too. We used to have one in Montreal until around 2006 where quite a lot of local bands also posted but it died due to moving to a new address and trolls. Is there one for London?

Re: Official 930 Club Belle and Sebastian Echoplex June 11 Show
« Reply #168 on: June 12, 2015, 02:25:45 pm »

I wonder how many other cities have a community like the 9:30 BB
We used to have one in Montreal until around 2006 ...
 but it died due to .. trolls.
Guess we have Kozmo to thank for that!
slack

vansmack

« Reply #169 on: June 12, 2015, 02:27:51 pm »
must say, the girls who got up and danced at the SF show could actually dance and were much hotter than the ones in DC
4.20 on this clip of sukie

I would have written a song about her too....
(that's Sukie for those that just skip to 4:20)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 02:47:22 pm by vansmack »
27>34

Kubacheck

« Reply #170 on: June 12, 2015, 06:54:51 pm »
my 2nd time at Echostage.... the sound was shitty at the Replacements gig, and then again for the opener last night, so I was not expecting much, but then as if by magic, it was nice and clear for B&S..... wandered up to the club at about 7:30, half hour after doors opened and was shocked to see long lines still waiting to get in..... a bunch of police cars and some crew with a professional video/movie camera out front.... anyway, there were pretty invasive pat downs before you could get in, which explained why the lines were still there, it was pretty slow going.....I wonder why that was the case at this particular show??  this was my first B&S gig, and probably my last.... like Springsteen, I recognize the talent, musicianship, etc, but for some reason the music just doesn't speak to me at all..... don't know why, it just didn't.....  agree with those that said that it still felt full but a bit more relaxed than the Replacements, was able to maintain a semblance of personal space.... also agree that the A/C wasn't working as well as it had at the Mats gig, it was hot that day too but pretty comfortable inside the club..... last night it was pretty hot....

Kubacheck

bearman🐻

« Reply #172 on: June 21, 2015, 10:40:44 am »
Since it?s a pretty special home show for us this Friday, we?ve decided to record the performance for posterity. Therefore we are excited to announce that we?ve teamed up with live music retailers Concert Live to bring you our Glasgow Hydro Arena performance in bespoke, instantly available three disc CD format, complete with original artwork and packaging
link

FYI, I picked this up and it's really good. I would have preferred the DC setlist, but the stuff with strings on it sounds gorgeous. And they REALLY nail "Dear Catastrophe Waitress"...the horn sounds so darn good. "If You're Feeling Sinister" may be the best live version yet that I've heard. And I know some of you don't care for "Lord Anthony" but I just love the live version of that song. When Stuart puts himself into it, those lyrics are just crushing.

vansmack

« Reply #173 on: June 21, 2015, 12:16:22 pm »
Yes, my buddy ripped me a copy and I agree it's great.  Like most live albums, it sounds terrible on headphones, but is amazing on a big stereo.  Agree with just everything you said.
27>34

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #174 on: June 22, 2015, 11:24:27 am »
Like most live albums, it sounds terrible on headphones, but is amazing on a big stereo.

"Like most?" Please, explain.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #175 on: June 22, 2015, 11:34:49 am »
Oh BTW the Echostage show is available on Dime a Dozen.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=531651