> GENERAL DISCUSSION

Maybe we should just elect Trump president

(1/793) > >>

Relaxer:
One one hand, he and almost all of his supporters are the kind of people who are wrong about everything, have no idea what's going on, are mad for no real reason, and aren't interested in learning anything.

On the other hand, it might be fun to have a president that just yells and insults people all the time.

Justin Tonation:
An übermetamegalomaniacal idiot-savant as president. What could go wrong?

sweetcell:
i agree that it would be entertaining as hell, but that will wear off quickly.  remember the GW regime: sure, we got bushisms and some zany highlight reels, but the man ruined the economy and dragged us into a pointless and costly war among many other bad things.  the joke isn't worth the cost of admission.

Relaxer:
I feel like one of W's problems was that he had an underlying insecurity to him. Remember, before he ran for Texas Gov, he'd largely been a professional failure. So when he becomes leader of a post-9/11 free world, he surrounds himself with strong-willed people who constituted a chorus of "Mr. President, this is your hour" and so he was provided the confidence to make terrible, terrible decisions.

Trump completely follows his own internal compass, and he has demonstrated over and over that his worldview is pragmatic more than anything. The only thing he cares about is doing what it takes to win. He knows how to read his audience and adapt, so when it's kosher, he's pro-choice, pro-universal health care, pro-gun control, but when he needs to appeal to Republican idiots, he's a xenophobic, bible-thumping birther.

So I don't think he's going to launch some ideological battle because he has no ideology. And then he'll start throwing out all kinds of asinine proposals that Congress will shoot down, and then he'll call Boehner a "chain-smoking sunburnt salmon" and Harry Reid will be called a "total loser who couldn't get laid at Dewey Beach on Labor Day" and I will be entertained while everything burns forever.

ggw:
Meet your new First Lady:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version