Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 922144 times)

Relaxer

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #2250 on: November 09, 2016, 09:18:38 am »
I don't know..its a little underwhelming.. after 150 pages Relaxer's suggestion came true...

I'm trying to imagine someone telling me back then what happened last night and I just can't comprehend it. Truth, justice, civility and equality have just been shit upon. This is truly the Idiocracy.
oword

shemptiness

« Reply #2251 on: November 09, 2016, 09:20:01 am »
Well at least weed won.

Relaxer

« Reply #2252 on: November 09, 2016, 09:26:31 am »
Weed, like gravity, always wins.
oword

« Reply #2253 on: November 09, 2016, 09:32:20 am »
Well at least weed won.
weed f'n crushed it

Maine Legalizes Recreational Marijuana
Voters Approve Montana Medical Marijuana Initiative
Nevada Legalizes Recreational Marijuana
Arkansas Voters Legalize Medical Marijuana
Massachusetts Voters Approve The Regulation and Taxation of Marijuana Act
California Legalizes Recreational Marijuana
North Dakota Voters Legalize Medical Marijuana
Florida Voters Approve Expansive Medical Marijuana Law

so does that mean all the voters were high and that's why the election when the way it did
slack

Yada

« Reply #2254 on: November 09, 2016, 09:42:25 am »
I've never been so sad, embarrassed, and disgusted to be an American.

Relaxer, you seem to be the guy with the heavy drugs. Got any?

Space Freely

« Reply #2255 on: November 09, 2016, 09:47:01 am »
On and on and on the press went about how the Republican Party was nearing its death. How fucking delusional was that?

« Reply #2256 on: November 09, 2016, 10:01:59 am »
On and on and on the press went about how the Republican Party was nearing its death. How fucking delusional was that?
Me too, I was soo excited that the prospect of Trump destroying the Republican brand as we know it

it is weird how many were against him and how that will play out
He may end up picking 2-3 Justices too

Andrew Sullivan says it well
This is now Trump?s America. He controls everything from here on forward. He has won this campaign in such a decisive fashion that he owes no one anything. He has destroyed the GOP and remade it in his image. He has humiliated the elites and the elite media. He has embarrassed every pollster and naysayer. He has avenged Obama. And in the coming weeks, Trump will not likely be content to bask in vindication. He will seek unforgiving revenge on those who dared to oppose him. The party apparatus will be remade in his image. The House and Senate will fail to resist anything he proposes ? and those who speak up will be primaried into oblivion. The Supreme Court may well be shifted to the far right for more than a generation to come ? with this massive victory, he can pick a new Supreme Court justice who will make Antonin Scalia seem like a milquetoast. He will have a docile, fawning Congress for at least four years. We will not have an administration so much as a court.

wait...is he comparing Scalia to Frank Turner?!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 10:05:36 am by sadHatch 🛠|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|⚔ »
slack

ggw

« Reply #2257 on: November 09, 2016, 10:21:29 am »

This wasn't about the Republican party.  Note that they lost seats in both the House and the Senate.  Note that the Republican party hated Trump.  There was a "Never Trump" platform in the Republican party.  The last two Republican presidential candidates refused to endorse him.  Note that more liberal causes like pot won big, gun control won, and higher minimum wages won.  This election was a referendum on the status quo - a status quo represented by the most well-connected, well-funded candidate in history.  It was a vote against special interests, big money, and cultural elitism. It was a vote against putting the interests of the party and its donors ahead of everything else.  It was a vote against proclaiming one thing but doing the opposite.  It was a big slap to the face of an overwhelmingly liberal media - an institution so blinded by narcissism that they couldn't even conceive that maybe, just maybe, not everyone thinks like them.

[Full disclosure - I didn't vote for Trump.  I think he'll be a really lousy president.  Then again, I didn't think he had even a slim chance of winning]

slappy

« Reply #2258 on: November 09, 2016, 10:52:07 am »
Save me from tomorrow
I don't want to sail with this ship of fools, no, no
Oh, save me, save me from tomorrow
I don't want to sail with this ship of fools, no, no
I want to run and hide right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2nCugGQZO0

Space Freely

« Reply #2259 on: November 09, 2016, 11:36:14 am »

This wasn't about the Republican party.  Note that they lost seats in both the House and the Senate.  Note that the Republican party hated Trump.  There was a "Never Trump" platform in the Republican party.  The last two Republican presidential candidates refused to endorse him.  Note that more liberal causes like pot won big, gun control won, and higher minimum wages won.  This election was a referendum on the status quo - a status quo represented by the most well-connected, well-funded candidate in history.  It was a vote against special interests, big money, and cultural elitism. It was a vote against putting the interests of the party and its donors ahead of everything else.  It was a vote against proclaiming one thing but doing the opposite.  It was a big slap to the face of an overwhelmingly liberal media - an institution so blinded by narcissism that they couldn't even conceive that maybe, just maybe, not everyone thinks like them.

[Full disclosure - I didn't vote for Trump.  I think he'll be a really lousy president.  Then again, I didn't think he had even a slim chance of winning]

I completely get what you are saying. I even said it myself, that I was open to possibly voting for a Republican candidate like a Kasich for the first time, in part because of what you mention. Just not Trump.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2260 on: November 09, 2016, 11:36:36 am »
I wonder what Mike Pence's role will be.  Didn't Donald say his plan was to #maga and leave operations to the veep?  

Also:  Donald Trump Presidential Library.

Yada

« Reply #2261 on: November 09, 2016, 11:46:58 am »
not my words...thoughts?

To the candidate who thought she had it in the bag lol:

You and your cabal at the DNC/DLC, Center for American Progress, Podesta Group et al illegally tipped the scales in the Democratic primary to pass you the throne despite it being clear that the Progressive Left is the major viable arm of the Democratic party. Yet you still refused to beg the Left's forgiveness and completely change your corporatist/war-mongering ways and secure our support, requisite to win the general. No, you spat in the face of the Left, appointed a Wall St. crony in Tim Kaine (the man was so useless that you won the state he governs by less than Obama's margin in 2008) when simply adding Bernie to the ticket would've won a resounding victory. Bernie alone would've wiped the floor with Trump and nothing could convince me otherwise. Further note that women did not come out in droves for you and neither did the youth vote, again when contrasted with Obama's performances.

The black vote supported you in the primary but when more information was disclosed of the generationally detrimental impact of you and your husband's crime bill of the 1990s and how you facilitated in the creation of corporate prisons, a large segment of voters seemed to have stayed home. What does this say about you and your history of cronyism/war-mongering? Your failure to allow light to shine on your errors (disclose your dumb emails and Wall St. tapes immediately - voters are much more forgiving than you think; proven by the citizenry's ability to overlook Trump's disgustingness) and sheer tone-deafness to a populous that would rather Russia allegedly commit espionage than be dragged into further unjust wars and horrific trade agreements that disenfranchise the Rust Belt (an area we on the Left should shred you for losing for us a generation at least) was shocking. And to top it all off, you and your supporters have left us to fend off and deal with decisions from a Supreme Court that will inch by inch whittle away at the rights of minorities to vote, invade women and other people's privacy and gerrymander the political landscape to ensure the Republican party's viability for at least two generations to come.

For that alone, you and all those comprising the center of the Democratic Party owe the country an apology and should slither away from "public service" and hopefully from anything to do with politics (God knows each and every one of you will find employment as some filthy lobbyist/political consultant by tomorrow morning) and allow the Progressive wing to fix the country. Today is not a sad day but a day of recompense. We let this happen.

He will serve a short term. I'd be surprised if he even has the will to finish one term. The hope is by then, a Progressive candidate will be thrust on the scene to truly represent the ideals of all Americans (even the many who voted for the first time and saw Trump as the better evil than Clinton). Even the super power that we are sometimes requires a wake up call. That day is here.

Space Freely

« Reply #2262 on: November 09, 2016, 11:53:55 am »
I think  Joe Biden would have been a more viable candidate than Bernie (or Hillary).

Relaxer

« Reply #2263 on: November 09, 2016, 11:55:43 am »
Poor ol Martin O'Malley is all "How come nobody is saying *I* would've won?"

And Jim Webb is just walking around punching people.
oword

bearman🐻

« Reply #2264 on: November 09, 2016, 11:58:15 am »
Some really, really solid points on here. But I think today I need to go listen to music and take a long walk away from social media and computers and TV. I'm done with this stuff for a while. Life will go on. I hope that some really good music will come out of the next four years.