Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 904532 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2015, 10:13:14 am »
Really, shouldn't Christie be Adele or Meghan Trainor? They seem to share a certain hambeastiness.
LVMH

« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2015, 10:14:07 am »
So ended up watching some online (NPR's coverage this am was weak)

I really was in pain anytime Cruz or Huckabee spoke
Trump is really a dick with his comments on 1% polling and how people look
such an egomaniac and people love him more when he acts like a buffoon

But this had to be my favorite moment
Carson said something that Trump liked
Trump goes for the Hi-Five and Carson just leaves him hanging

...trump recovers to just go into handshake (must happen to him a lot )
Although looked like Carson was going to do a "Down low...too slow"
Carson was funny with his 'you'd make an OK Dr' comment

Speaking of hi-fives...man did Bush really slam one to Trump
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2015, 10:16:01 am »
Really, shouldn't Christie be Adele or Meghan Trainor? They seem to share a certain hambeastiness.

Maybe "Chinese Democracy" would be appropriate for Christie.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2015, 10:17:42 am »
Speaking of hi-fives...man did Bush really slam one to Trump

God, I so wish that Trump had yanked his hand back and run it through his hair, smiling, while Jeb! sputtered and gasped.
oword

hutch

« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2015, 10:28:08 am »
I thought Trump made both of them look like patsies in those interchanges.....

They all are pretty scary but some are better than others...my revised rankings on preferred Republican nominee (based on being better for the country although hopefully they all lose to the democratic nominee)

1. Kasich
2. Paul
3. Carson
4. Trump
5. Bush
6. Christie
7. Fiorina
8. Walker
9. Rubio
10. Huckabee
11. Cruz (obviously the best debater but scariest...)

Bush is particularly hard to gauge and at times I would rate him over Trump.... I think if his brother had never been president, and if he wasn't bound to surround himself with many of the same people as his father and brother then I would rate him higher.. When he said his brother kept America safe I had to laugh.... the reply should have been "eh.. guess you don't remember 9-11?"

Candidates democrats should fear: Fiorina, Rubio and Kasich
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 10:30:46 am by Hutch »

Space Freely

« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2015, 10:31:13 am »
Pataki anyone?

moderate Republican governor from large liberal state...

hutch

« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2015, 10:38:30 am »
Pataki anyone?

moderate Republican governor from large liberal state...

those guys on the loser debate are non-starters

Relaxer

« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2015, 10:40:23 am »
Jeb! has revealed himself to be a terrible campaigner. He's prickly and dickless and if Trump weren't in the race tweaking him, Jeb! would just be whining and dicking about something else. He looks the part, he's got the background, but he's just such a blob of gelatinous goo that I don't think he would've made it regardless.

Carly was impressive and has done good work projecting a "Commander in Chief in Heels" persona, but I don't think the GOP is going to nominate both the first woman and the first never-been-elected-to-anything candidate. The Palin stink is too fresh so she won't get VP and Carly's legacy in this race is that she's everyone's #2 or #3 choice.

If Rubio could fix that "little boy trying to be all tough" quiver in his voice, he'd be a strong candidate. He's young enough that as long as he doesn't get caught knuckle-deep in a tiny asian boy, he's got a couple more cycles available to him. He'll run for governor after he loses this round.

oword

hutch

« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2015, 10:49:30 am »
assuming they don't get the nomination the Republicans would be foolish not to take a serious look at Rubio and Fiorina as VPs... Rubio would help lock up Florida... Fiorina would be major damage control with women....

« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2015, 10:54:21 am »
Relaxer...your commentary on Rubio is dead on.  He should just bide his time.

Who Said It: Presidential Hopeful Donald Trump or ?Idiocracy? President Camacho?

you totatlly know Killsaly would be on the street team for him
Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho ?five-time Smackdown champion, born superstar, and President of the United States,?
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2015, 11:02:52 am »
Here's my hot takes coming out of debate

Trump: Plateauing but the beginning of downward trend is born. The longer he delays uttering a single rational sentence that actually pertains to the real carbon-based world, the worse it will be for him.

Carson: Continues along at ~15-20% on his car made of clouds and then one day someone realizes we haven't heard from him in 8 months but he's still happy and peaceful like Ferdinand the bull smelling the flowers.

Fiorina: Gets a solid bump coming out of last night but the desperate guys stuck in single digits will unload on her at the next debate and she'll start crying or get her period or something and she'll Bachmann out of contention. Apparently she has a lot of skeletons in her closet so this will be fun and horny to watch.

Jeb: His ship is slowly sinking and he knows it so he's going to just even swim harder except eventually he'll get a cramp. Meanwhile, his wife just sent Rubio a FB friend request.

Walker: Will never emerge from single digits and once he realizes it, he'll make a speech saying that he can do more good riding his Harley around America and getting into adventures and no one will care.

Christie: He should've said "You see this plane behind us? I personally flew it into this building today to remind us all how connected I am to 9/11. Also, the snack bar was about to close and I couldn't find a parking spot." He'll rage-quit pretty soon.

Rubio: Cruised out of debates looking good but that voice quiver.

Kasich: Seems like a reasonable guy but ultimately unelectable because clearly his bones are liquifying plus all the gay rumors.

Huckabee: He's finished but will continue on his own, picking up bass gigs here and there to keep gas in the tank.

Rand: This is just the first of many, many elections that he'll lose.

Cruz: Only 'bump' for him is he successfully lost 12 pounds in sweat last night.
oword

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2015, 11:24:46 am »
Fiorina: ...  she'll start crying or get her period or something and . . .  this will be fun and horny to watch.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2015, 12:14:27 pm »

Jeb: His ship is slowly sinking and he knows it so he's going to just even swim harder except eventually he'll get a cramp. Meanwhile, his wife just sent Rubio a FB friend request.

:D

hutch

« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2015, 12:19:43 pm »
I like Kasich..but he looks a bit past his shelf life... he was really grimacing and holding the podium weird last night while rocking forward or something..

if not he'd be a great VP too... he's very popular in Ohio and you know what they say about Ohio...

hutch

« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2015, 12:20:45 pm »
Relaxer, I'm unclear who is going to win from your perceptive analysis of last night's debate...