Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 925518 times)

hutch

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #1890 on: August 10, 2016, 03:24:55 pm »
"you see the polls have really tightened over the last day or two.. we're going to have a big victory.. I really feel that..."

talk about delusional... I mean what polls is he talking about?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1891 on: August 10, 2016, 03:34:59 pm »
"you see the polls have really tightened over the last day or two.. we're going to have a big victory.. I really feel that..."

He's moved back a point up in South Carolina and is only expected to lose by 170 electoral votes now!
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #1892 on: August 10, 2016, 03:42:19 pm »
Bring back whale blubber for lamps!

« Reply #1893 on: August 11, 2016, 10:08:59 am »

he is delusional
but Hill is not crushing it in the polls this last week
Rasmussen Reports   8/9 - 8/10      Clinton +3
Economist/YouGov   8/6 - 8/9      Clinton +6
Bloomberg                   8/5 - 8/8      Clinton +4

I would think she'd have a +10 lead
I'm pretty certain these are nationwide and not electoral college based

edit...I do like this 'no toss up map'

Also predicting 50/50 split in the senate

Stein and Johnson seem to be getting a lot in these polls too
but people in the poll booth probably won't pull the trigger, so much easier to say you like their policies than actually vote these 3rd parties
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 10:14:12 am by SideofBacon |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| »
slack

hutch

« Reply #1894 on: August 11, 2016, 12:06:48 pm »
well.... Rasmussen had pretty much had Trump up the entire time... different polls have different tendencies.. if you look at Rasmussen back on July 13 (less than one month ago) they had Trump at +7! So we're talking about a 10 point swing... I could look at the other polls but I'm not too into doing this for you SideOfBacon....

I will say that whatever happens we know abourt 40% of the electorate will support the Republican candidate.... they loathe Hillary and they're not going to change their mind no matter what..

The question is that 10% in the middle (a small portion of reasonable educated Republicans, real independents, etc.)... That will make the difference between Hillary eking out a win or a landslide... its still a fluid situation... Of course, this is why I felt so strongly that Bernie Sanders was a terrible idea.. because his appeal to the middle.. his chances of flipping Republicans were next to zero.. which is why your posts on this thread have been really frustrating.. things like "I like Sanders because his pulling her to the left and we need that...".. NO. Hillary is doing well because she is appealing to Republicans and people int he middle... this whole "Bernie supporters won't vote for her" was a load of crap.

anyways...we will see how things go....but the situation is very fluid.. due to various factors: emails could leak out compromising Hillary in the eyes of some people, Trump could do something weird (more weird), there could be god forbid shootings and attacks....

I just can't see reasonable people agreeing that President Obama and Hillary CLinton founded ISIS...but if you listen to Limbaugh or right wing radio there is a substantial part of the Republican Party that believes this crazy crap

I wouldn't take anything for granted and do what you can for Hillary...

hutch

« Reply #1895 on: August 11, 2016, 12:12:34 pm »
Let me be more specifc..

"they loathe Hillary and President Obama..."

People that loathe them to the point of frothing at the mouth like rabid dogs are not going to vote for Hillary....and most Republicans are this way.... which is why all this trying to get along with Republicans is a waste of time.. they need to be crushed like bugs.. if you know somebody who is a Republican they are likely intolerant stupid hater people who support racism and all kinds of stuff. they need to be called out for it.. its not just a "difference of opinion".. its not just a "difference of opinion" when their idea is that "President Obama is the founder of ISIS..."

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1896 on: August 11, 2016, 02:47:03 pm »
Rasmussen is the Magic 8-Ball of poll takers.
😐 🎶

killsaly

« Reply #1897 on: August 11, 2016, 03:47:01 pm »

« Reply #1898 on: August 11, 2016, 04:50:33 pm »
538 is Soliciting a Witch Hunt to Figure Out Who is Behind LongRoom.com

If ever my acclaimed deep-Google-rabbit-hole "stalking" skills could be put to a good use, it is this.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #1899 on: August 11, 2016, 05:12:23 pm »
wow I had no idea such a page existed....

its kind of amusing how Trump supporter hopes seem to rely on "the Bradley effect"..

I'm a pretty good internet sleuth myself but am sure nowhere near your skills... your letter identifying my children's blood types and favorite colors is proof of that fact.. ;D

On my end I was able to track down family from my mom's side - from Poland - about 100 years after they separated and my ancestors lost touch with them.. I was pretty proud I have to say...the guy told me "he had tears in his eyes" when I reached out to him and that they "had heard rumours of a brother (my grandfather) who had gone to Argentina..."... Anyways, I went to one of the freefests with the son of that crying guy.. one of the cooler moments in my life..

« Reply #1900 on: August 11, 2016, 05:12:52 pm »
538 is Soliciting a Witch Hunt to Figure Out Who is Behind LongRoom.com

If ever my acclaimed deep-Google-rabbit-hole "stalking" skills could be put to a good use, it is this.
:-\  longroom.com site isn't up any more
slack

« Reply #1901 on: August 11, 2016, 05:26:23 pm »
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #1902 on: August 11, 2016, 05:55:57 pm »
I just got a call from American Crossroads PAC.. the Karl Rove outfit.. it was kind of push-polly.... I could tell it was Republican deal.. under Virginia law at the end they have to disclose who they are....Anyways...I'm probably the only person in America that enjoys doing these "polls" and answered all the questions even if I took issue with one or two.... :D

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1903 on: August 15, 2016, 11:31:46 pm »
😐 🎶

walk,on,by

« Reply #1904 on: August 16, 2016, 12:09:09 am »
^ u, win