Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 925476 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #3120 on: July 26, 2017, 12:52:06 pm »
As far as general chaos, Pence would be an improvement. As far as individual's rights/social issues (the general stuff Walkie is talking about), Pence is the "Hold my beer" meme compared to Trump. And he'd actually get things done because he isn't a policy/legislative imbecile like Trump.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #3121 on: July 26, 2017, 12:53:20 pm »
Trump IS GOING TO BAN all transgender people from serving in the military in any capacity.. WTF

This is clearly a diversion for some big Trump news that is about to come out. Any guesses?

hutch

« Reply #3122 on: July 26, 2017, 12:54:20 pm »
I am not so sure it is a diversion....seems to me perfectly in line with his governing plan.. undo every item Obama had anything to do with and keep his wacko base happy.. he has consistently been doing this..

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3123 on: July 26, 2017, 01:17:25 pm »
Maybe he's prepping his base in case healthcare fails.  He'll still have a "success" to flaunt this weekend.

Relaxer

« Reply #3124 on: July 26, 2017, 01:43:26 pm »
Pence is scary but I think he would be a huge improvement..

It depends on what you mean by a huge improvement. Trump is a stupid petulant 7 year old whose commitment to anything, including the truth, shifts every 5 seconds. If he had any semblance of competency or intelligence, he could have helped the GOP Congress pass repeal and replace, he could've led the way in tax reform, and he could've cast all kinds of shade on the Democrats. Instead it's been one lurching crime scene after another.

And I agree 100% with herman otto's last post -- Pence would have us back in the straight white 50s where husbands call their wives "mother" and sleep in separate rooms.
oword

hutch

« Reply #3125 on: July 26, 2017, 02:06:26 pm »
Well that is one way to look at it I guess...

Bags

« Reply #3126 on: July 26, 2017, 02:30:02 pm »
Pence would be all kinds of bad, and much more effective at his badness.  But I think it could be a bigger threat that our standing in the world is plummeting, no world leader has any trust in Trump to remain loyal as they witness how he turns on his own inner circle (but for family, of course), and I think there is a real chance at international upheaval caused by our current leader's insanely thin skin and fragile narcissism, which needs stroking at every turn. 

Space Freely

« Reply #3127 on: July 26, 2017, 02:52:16 pm »
Trump IS GOING TO BAN all transgender people from serving in the military in any capacity.. WTF

This is clearly a diversion for some big Trump news that is about to come out. Any guesses?

I'm going to guess Sessions gets fired on Friday.

Bags

« Reply #3128 on: July 26, 2017, 02:52:41 pm »
Hillary Clinton now viewed less favorably than Donald Trump
There is not one bit of this story that matters in the least.  Hillary is roaming the woods in Duchess County.  Who cares if she has a 5% approval rating?  This is as nonsensical as the winner of the election STILL absolutely obsessed with his win, explaining his win, disparaging his opponent.  She's not a politician anymore, she's a citizen.  I bet ya I have a lower approval rating than Trump too.  Put that poll up, that'll make Trumpsters feel great.

Okay, the only bit of "news" is the raging battle in the Dem party between Hillaryites and Bernieheads.  And they can be hateful and dismissive of each other, which is frustating when what the party needs most is unity and development of a solid message and platform.  Sure, the Dem party needs to get its shit together.  That has nothing to do with Asshat 45.

Bags

« Reply #3129 on: July 26, 2017, 02:54:46 pm »
I've met The Mooch a couple of times (we're in the same line of work). The dude is a sleaze. His salesmanship is beyond compare, but I counted my fingers after each handshake.
Friend of mine who must also be in your line of work said similar; some love him, some hate him, he's a sleaze, but the best used car salesman you'll come across.  Mini-Trump, though I assume he's much brighter.

« Reply #3130 on: July 26, 2017, 03:05:21 pm »
I bet ya I have a lower approval rating than Trump too.  Put that poll up, that'll make Trumpsters feel great.
Speak for yourself: Julian's Q score for likability remains through the roof.
LVMH

« Reply #3131 on: July 26, 2017, 04:23:35 pm »
I bet ya I have a lower approval rating than Trump too.  Put that poll up, that'll make Trumpsters feel great.
oh I don't know Jules I don't think you could handle the truth of a real poll on this board
slack

« Reply #3132 on: July 26, 2017, 04:35:20 pm »
oh I don't know Jules I don't think you could handle the truth of a real poll on this board
See, you say that but it's awfully suspicious that the "powers that be" that want to push an anti-Julian narrative are the same people who will not activate the Poll function. Meanwhile, I have been a staunch supporter of open and free polling for years. Maybe I'm not the one with something to hide.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #3133 on: July 28, 2017, 06:08:10 am »
McCain. ...HUEVOS

Relaxer

« Reply #3134 on: July 28, 2017, 04:46:43 pm »
Mooch's wife just left him. God, this is just a never-ending saga. I'd love watching it if actual people weren't being deported or at risk of losing their health care or suffering abuse from racist white assholes.
oword