Author Topic: albums del 2016  (Read 50555 times)

Unsanity

Re: 2016 albums
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2016, 05:08:27 am »
New Sumac? Damn How have I not heard this yet. That band rules.

killsaly

« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2016, 10:52:07 am »
yeah it is great!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 11:41:55 am by killsaly »

hutch

« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2016, 05:14:23 pm »
so new Lydia Loveless... they are promising a change (obviously given how badly last album did...totally stalled career)....

I'm guessing she will ditch any remnants of country

« Reply #153 on: June 01, 2016, 10:47:20 pm »
so new Lydia Loveless... they are promising a change (obviously given how badly last album did...totally stalled career)....

so her cover of I wuld di 4 u ...stronger than lucy dacus attempt
still a little bummed missed some of her recent dc appearances
but has little to no country in it
no tour dates listed, but surely she'll hit dc

not sure I love that new album cover tho

slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #154 on: June 02, 2016, 12:02:36 am »
Gorillaz.  No one knows if, it is 2016.

Space Freely

« Reply #155 on: June 02, 2016, 08:54:22 am »

Maybe Lydia doesn't sell albums because she's a bit of a porky midget and she's married to her bass player (who is kinda sorta hotter than her in a tall caveman kind of way). Perhaps if she were hotter and more single she'd sell more albums to the balding 40something men who buy that kind of music?  I know Courtney Barnett looks like the lesbian Paul McCartney and she still manages to sell, but she's got the Australian Kurt Cobain thing going for her musically. Or maybe she doesn't sell because she's on Bloodshot, and how many Bloodshot artists sell more than 50 albums per release?

hutch

« Reply #156 on: June 02, 2016, 08:58:41 am »

Maybe Lydia doesn't sell albums because she's a bit of a porky midget and she's married to her bass player (who is kinda sorta hotter than her in a tall caveman kind of way). Perhaps if she were hotter and more single she'd sell more albums to the balding 40something men who buy that kind of music?  I know Courtney Barnett looks like the lesbian Paul McCartney and she still manages to sell, but she's got the Australian Kurt Cobain thing going for her musically. Or maybe she doesn't sell because she's on Bloodshot, and how many Bloodshot artists sell more than 50 albums per release?

they're on it.. if you click on the newsites you'll see a recent picture of her where they're trying to make her look hot...

I think her last album wasn't very good.. I like the one before it a lot...

at the end of the day the songs have to be good...

Space Freely

« Reply #157 on: June 02, 2016, 09:01:32 am »

they're on it.. if you click on the newsites you'll see a recent picture of her where they're trying to make her look hot...

I think her last album wasn't very good.. I like the one before it a lot...

at the end of the day the songs have to be good...

I agree that the 2011 album was much better than the 2014 album...

Yada

« Reply #158 on: June 02, 2016, 09:02:07 am »
It helps to look like this to sell country albums...however, i really have no clue if she sells a lot of albums but damn is she hot.

hutch

« Reply #159 on: June 02, 2016, 09:05:55 am »
^not my type...

mentioned before but this is the specific info:

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
9-9
album is called "Skeleton Key"

its a new studio album...

Yada

« Reply #160 on: June 02, 2016, 09:09:19 am »
^not my type...

mentioned before but this is the specific info:

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
9-9
album is called "Skeleton Key"

its a new studio album...

ok.

hutch

« Reply #161 on: June 02, 2016, 09:21:21 am »
god no!

That is one band I cannot stand.. and not just because the singer is super-obese... although that doesn't help!

Yada

« Reply #162 on: June 02, 2016, 09:29:17 am »
god no!

That is one band I cannot stand.. and not just because the singer is super-obese... although that doesn't help!

Color me confused, but not sure how a straight male or any male for that matter couldn't' find Kacey Musgraves attractive.

hutch

« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2016, 09:33:04 am »
god no!

Color me confused, but not sure how a straight male or any male for that matter couldn't' find Kacey Musgraves attractive.

looks like somebody slammed the door on her face.. on top of that she looks flat... i'm sure maybe other pictures might make her look more attractive but I'm just going on this one picture..

Space Freely

« Reply #164 on: June 02, 2016, 09:35:07 am »
god no!

I bet my college roommate who had a strong preference for ethnic women with big butts and who married an African-American woman (with a big butt) would not find KM attractive at all.

And I'd go as far as to say she's "not my type" either. She's attractive in a generic, boring All-American apple pie kind of way. Then again, who am I kidding. I'm a nearly 50 male. If I were single and had a chance to hit it, I'm not turning her down because she's not my type.