Author Topic: Paris attacks and Eagles of Death Metal  (Read 49704 times)

stevewizzle

Re: Paris attacks and Eagles of Death Metal
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2015, 07:56:40 pm »
I am enjoying reading my facebook feed this evening with all the people in my area who are freaking out as if all the refugees will be coming to Virginia, mainly to Harrisonburg Virginia.

My vote is to put them down in the southwest corner of the state.

careful what you wish for. your daughter might not get into UVA and may have to settle for virginia tech.

Space Freely

« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2015, 08:23:01 pm »
I am enjoying reading my facebook feed this evening with all the people in my area who are freaking out as if all the refugees will be coming to Virginia, mainly to Harrisonburg Virginia.

My vote is to put them down in the southwest corner of the state.

careful what you wish for. your daughter might not get into UVA and may have to settle for virginia tech.

Only a temporary stop, Trump will ship them back home after he has defeated ISIS, lol.

Daughter appears to be more of a liberal arts person than a STEM person. At least at age eight. So I'm thinking Harrisonburg is more likely than Tech, if UVA and William and Mary aren't in the cards.

Space Freely

« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2015, 08:26:50 pm »
And to totally derail the thread:

Hutch: My wife is a big Nada Surf fan. It's rare when we get to go to a show together and my daughter is home with the sitter and can stay up until we get home free of bedtimes. This leaves my wife less stressed and able to enjoy our date night.

Sorry to bore everyone with my boring domestic story, but Hutch seems to have the need to weave his own narrative about my life. Probably learned that skill from me.  ;D

hutch

« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2015, 08:57:24 pm »
And to totally derail the thread:

Hutch: My wife is a big Nada Surf fan. It's rare when we get to go to a show together and my daughter is home with the sitter and can stay up until we get home free of bedtimes. This leaves my wife less stressed and able to enjoy our date night.

Sorry to bore everyone with my boring domestic story, but Hutch seems to have the need to weave his own narrative about my life. Probably learned that skill from me.  ;D

News flash: nobody cares but you.

hutch

« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2015, 08:58:32 pm »
I wonder how many other people around the world, in addition to myself, heard a song by this band for the first time within the past week?

a lot...but the songs have been out there.. in commercials.. also at O's games...and we talked about them on the board many times.. I even posted a link to a video I took way back when I saw them many years ago .. I remember Bearman commented his baldhead was in the video

still, the connection between Homme and the band means a lot of people in the subculture that listen to this type of music would have heard of them..

of course you're stuck listening to the Old 97s, Wilco and Nada Surf (provided the shows are before 7 pm) so I don't expect you would have ever heard of them...

I guess I had avoided them because:

a. somehow i associated them with Queens of the Stone Age, who i listened to once and didn't care for.

b. I'm not into death metal. And if I was, I wouldn't feel inspired to listen to some band that called themselves "Eagles of Death Metal". Perhaps if they called themselves "Gram Parsons of Death Metal" I would have been more inspired.

After listening to one song, I've got them pegged as a boring 90's grunge inspired poppy cock-rock band. Sort of a complement to Foo Fighters. Hey, if that's your bag, that's cool. It's not mine.

see post above

walk,on,by

« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2015, 11:03:55 pm »
Honduras, just caught 5 Syrian "refugees" with fake passports trying to head to America.  This, just changed.

hutch

« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2015, 09:45:09 am »
Honduras, just caught 5 Syrian "refugees" with fake passports trying to head to America.  This, just changed.

your level of pussy is high.

Space Freely

« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2015, 09:57:31 am »

Says the nutjob who says this:

anybody ever think that perhaps there is no way to prevent EVERY terrorist attack..that sometimes we will get hit and that is the price we pay for our freedom

hutch

« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2015, 10:31:26 am »

anybody ever think that perhaps there is no way to prevent EVERY terrorist attack..that sometimes we will get hit and that is the price we pay for our freedom

nothing nutty about that..it is a fact.. you cannot prevent every attack..

what is nutty is to think that you CAN prevent every attack...

you can TRY to prevent every attack but sometimes you will not be able to

and we do not suspend our laws and our constitution because of terrorists... we continue to accept refugees.. that is what we do... to change the way we operate and live in fear is exactly what the terrorists want us to do...

Space Freely

« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2015, 10:47:08 am »

and we do not suspend our laws and our constitution because of terrorists... we continue to accept refugees.. that is what we do... to change the way we operate and live in fear is exactly what the terrorists want us to do...

Do you think we should be able to change laws to make Americans safer from guns?

hutch

« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2015, 10:53:59 am »

Do you think we should be able to change laws to make Americans safer from guns?

Irrelevant..typical James Ford "I can't actually answer" so let me pose a question and try to find a more favorable tangent to go on...

There is no room for unconstitutional laws... we'd all be safer from "foreigners" by closing our borders and never letting anyone in or out (they could go out and become, you know, "radicalized").. doesn't mean we do it...of course some people who live in fear will want to do that....

what my views on the second amendment are really are irrelevant to the conversation.

hutch

« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2015, 10:55:49 am »
you bore me James Ford.. have a nice day cowering behind your desk... don't go out to lunch .. you could get shot up or something horrible..

Space Freely

« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2015, 11:03:38 am »
Oh, I thought you were implying that laws can't be amended even if the amending makes citizens safer.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2015, 11:47:31 am »

right-wingnuts are going to make a mountain outta this, but refugees travel on fake passports all the time. 

"None of the detentions have been tied to terrorism. Many migrants with no ties to terrorism travel on false documents around the world."
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/18/americas/honduras-syrians-detained/
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2015, 12:00:43 pm »

right-wingnuts are going to make a mountain outta this, but refugees travel on fake passports all the time. 

"None of the detentions have been tied to terrorism. Many migrants with no ties to terrorism travel on false documents around the world."
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/18/americas/honduras-syrians-detained/

I'm not saying they would have a valid point in this case, but in your estimation do "right-wingnuts" ever have a valid point about anything? Because if they don't, how can "left-wingnuts" have a valid point about anything?