Author Topic: Official Festivus 2015 Thread: Airing of Grievances  (Read 15905 times)

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Official Festivus 2015 Thread: Airing of Grievances
« on: December 23, 2015, 10:38:40 am »
In the immortal words of Frank Costanza, "I got a lot of problems with you people, and now you're going to hear about it!" In the spirit of Festivus, this is the thread for us to air our grievances with each other. Who wants to start out telling their fellow boardies how they've disappointed them over the last year?
LVMH

Re: Official Festivus 2015 Thread: Airing of Grievances
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 10:42:41 am »
Walkonby - Listen, dude, its pathetic that you're friends with RatBastard. He's a complete piece of human garbage. If you and your partner were physically assaulted by Christian zealots and left to die in a ditch, and Fox News covered it, he'd champion for their release because "libtards. . . or something." He's fucking trash, and you're better than that. I worry you have some endemic lack of self-esteem that you're friends with some piece of shit that literally would take away all of your rights and hates every politician that has ever stood up for you. What the fuck, dude?
LVMH

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 10:42:59 am »
RatBastard - You have disappointed me this year by continuing to cling to life.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 10:52:33 am by Carlos Spicyweiner, a Julian®©? BRAND »
LVMH

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 10:49:59 am »
Sweetcell - Can you just drop the whole "defender of all social niceties" thing? Your broken record is getting maddening. You know, Rhett (and I cannot believe I'm saying this, and trust me I will get to him) actually has some points on the Muslim thing. He takes it way to far, but there is a reasonable Bill Maher-esque view of "hey, look, this is the only religion that today, in the 21st century is doing these sort of things on a widescale" that maybe needs to be discussed. He takes it way too far, admittedly. But there is a certain retrogressiveness that lingers in MAINSTREAM Islam that way it does not in mainstream (insert other religion here). People can  have a reasonable discussion about that. Not a discussion about banning immigrants or that shit, but an acknowledgment that of the worlds major religions the only one where 40+% of members actively think people who draw a picture of its figurehead should be killed. But you don't have that discussion. You just resort to a bunch of ad hominem painting Rhett like he's Mengele or something. Which, admittedly, is easy to do, but you should be above that.

Also, your defense of the fats is disgusting. They're our greatest social ill and the idea that the fat acceptance movement (smokers acceptance! heroin acceptance! healthy at any cancer!) should be in anyway normalized is disgusting. Disgusting.
LVMH

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 10:52:04 am »
Hutch - You're fucking annoying as shit. I have never read a single post by you and said "oh yeah, glad that got posted." I've never seen you actively advance or contribute to any conversation that was worth having. That said, it's really easy to get your goat and run you off for a few weeks. So that's something. But seriously, try being more interesting.
LVMH

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 10:55:14 am »
Jaded - You annoy me with your whole "all or nothing" false equivalencies on things, especially nutrition or exercise stuff. What I think annoys me about it the most is that you actively say you're not doing that when in fact you most certainly are. Also, I think if it is one day revealed that someone on here has like, a massive coke problem, it would be you. I don't know why I feel that, I just do.
LVMH

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 10:55:36 am »
Relaxer - Your marriage seems sad and it makes me feel sad  to read about it.
LVMH

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 10:57:14 am »
Rhett - I get up every morning and think to myself "don't be an insufferable prick to everyone I come in contact with." Or, in my shorthand, I just say "don't be like Rhett."
LVMH

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 10:58:15 am »
Azaghal - I have a strong feeling that you do not "get" jokes.
LVMH

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 10:59:21 am »
Vansmack - You couldn't smooth a silk sheet if you had a hot date with a babe and . . . I've lost my train of thought.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 11:12:45 am »
really?
T.Rex

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 11:14:21 am »
really?
Well, if you have a problem with something and want to persecute me for my beliefs and for celebrating Festivus, this is certainly the thread in which to do it.
LVMH

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 11:16:44 am »
want to persecute me for my beliefs and for celebrating Festivus
-not a protected class
slack

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 11:18:44 am »
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 11:21:16 am »
I like the fact that I was the fifth person you thought of.  Next year my goal is to break the top three.