Author Topic: Bandcamp  (Read 21341 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Bandcamp
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2023, 02:27:38 pm »
Whelp this a first for me.. bought an album off Bandcamp from a fraudulent account.  Hopefully, the artist can claim the sell somehow...
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2023, 03:43:01 pm »
This is so messed up and WTF did Epic Games think they were getting when they bought Bandcamp.  Pretty sure Epic Games bet heavily on the whole NFT bullshit and are now cost cutting left and right.

Epic is laying off roughly 50% of the Bandcamp staff amidst it sale to Songtradr.  So much for respecting the Bandcamp Employees union.

Seriously why isn’t Bandcamp a not for profit company at this point, surely there are smart people that could take this on.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2023, 03:59:29 pm »
Hmmm not sure if it’s Epic or Songtradr laying off employees.. I hope any artists using Songtradr to do digital distribution, etc for them cancel that service because of this BS
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2023, 05:15:33 pm »
Oh great Soundtadr doesn’t actually make money licensing music, they are kept afloat by borrowing money like all good tech companies… the future of Bandcamp doesn’t look so bright, now that have gutted their editorial department
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2023, 01:49:56 pm »
Ugh word is artists are deleting albums from bandcamp, and of course zip files are my nemesis so I’m very behind in my downloading… so I guess WAV file’s because they can be converted or FLAC
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2023, 08:04:10 pm »
Probably only of interest to Justin

Bulk Download Your Entire Bandcamp Collection with Batchcamp Chrome Extension

https://howtohifi.com/bulk-download-your-entire-bandcamp-collection-with-batchcamp-chrome-extension/
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2023, 08:16:24 pm »
Oh and apparently they got rid of the team that took care of handling reports and then removing neo nazi bands.  So of course that shit will proliferate now.

“Bandcamp earned a reputation for good moderation. Reports were acted on quickly and effectively, by people who knew their way around the symbols and dogwhistles of white supremacist music subgenres. Whatever comes next will probably not match that, with real consequences for funding of these scenes.”

As will people running scams by uploading albums that aren’t theirs
T.Rex

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2023, 08:31:27 pm »
Probably only of interest to Justin

Bulk Download Your Entire Bandcamp Collection with Batchcamp Chrome Extension

https://howtohifi.com/bulk-download-your-entire-bandcamp-collection-with-batchcamp-chrome-extension/

Thanks for the tip, but out of more than 500 purchases I only have a handful not downloaded. Probably some avant-garde guitar thing, which narrows it down....
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2024, 03:51:54 pm »
hey kosmo, you like the listening party thing right?

TVD Radar: Sonic Youth announces listening party for the 2LP reissue of Walls Have Ears
To celebrate the release of their long out-of-print bootleg from 1986, Walls Have Ears, Sonic Youth announces a Bandcamp Listening Party. Join hosts Thurston Moore, Lee Ranaldo, and Steve Shelley on Feb. 8th at 2:30 pm ET, for an advance listen to the full album and chat with the artists about Sonic Youth and this legendary live release. Walls Have Ears is officially out February 9.
<sig>