Author Topic: My Journey into Becoming Single Again at Age 45  (Read 102094 times)

Space Freely

Re: My Journey into Becoming Single Again at Age 45
« Reply #270 on: June 04, 2016, 03:33:24 pm »
By "do the right thing", I mean simply break up with them in person as opposed to text, email, skywriting or snail mail.. If you're sticking your dick in their pussy and telling them you have feelings for them, an in-person breakup would be the courteous, gentlemanly thing to do.

hutch

« Reply #271 on: June 04, 2016, 03:40:46 pm »
By "do the right thing", I mean simply break up with them in person as opposed to text, email, skywriting or snail mail.. If you're sticking your dick in their pussy and telling them you have feelings for them, an in-person breakup would be the courteous, gentlemanly thing to do.

not necessarily.... sometimes being really harsh.. being very mean and UN-gentlemanly puts the other person in an easier position to move on....

The "ghosting" approach could be best...

I mean what if Relaxer meets with her to break up and starts bawling cause its so hard for him? You think that would help???

What is the worst thing that can happen if he "ghosts" it? She'll hate his guts but that might be easier than just plain feeling sad that she lost the "awesome Relaxer who is a gentleman"...

I have found that often times people "do the right thing" just to be able to live with themselves and rationalize that it is the best thing "ethically"....but not necessarily so...

Space Freely

« Reply #272 on: June 04, 2016, 04:31:36 pm »
I can only comment on how I would prefer to be dumped, I can't pretend to know what others prefer. I'm guessing most of my friends would prefer the same; if i were on Facebook I'd ax them.

Relaxer

« Reply #273 on: June 04, 2016, 05:10:34 pm »
Face to face just isn't possible because that's 3 meetings (forgot that Japanese girl warranted the speech) of unknown duration so instead I wrote a long, detailed, emotional text to one of them and then cut/pasted new versions with specific references for the other two. Yeah it's cynical and shitty but if I was in their shoes, that's the way I'd want it.

Hutch, married woman was one of the three. The woman I'm into is a new one that I just hooked up with a week or two ago. I know, this shit moves quickly
oword

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #274 on: June 05, 2016, 04:42:57 pm »
The compassionate thing to do is spin these women off to various boardies of your own choosing.

Yada

« Reply #275 on: June 06, 2016, 01:17:51 pm »
New thread title...

My Journey into Becoming Coupled Again at Age 45

I already know I prefer single Relaxer tales.

Space Freely

« Reply #276 on: June 06, 2016, 02:09:48 pm »
New thread title...

+1

And this is an observation and not a judgment...but I've always wondered why some people want to get into a relationship so quickly after leaving a marriage. I guess some people just don't like being single/alone.

Relaxer

« Reply #277 on: June 06, 2016, 02:44:01 pm »
Believe me, the last thing I want is a damn relationship. My goals and strategies were aimed toward one thing -- going out and meeting as many beautiful women as possible. I treasure the memories of having four women spend the night over four nights. I even told F (the woman I'm committing to for the moment) that I'm an emotional crime scene, I'm not at all ready for a relationship, I will never introduce you to my kids, I'm only good for once a week at best, and I'm a terrible boyfriend. But we just kept talking and I just getting more and more fond of her, and now we're at the point where it's not ethical to continue with her while banging three or four other women.

Is this permanent? Highly doubtful. I've known F for just a few weeks. She's a rare combination of all the things I want though, so I have to give it a shot. That said, I've told all the women I broke it off with that I'm "suspending" our thing. To a man, all have said I'm strongly encouraged to contact them when/if this blows over. And I intend to. And if none of them are available, then that's fine too. I'll just re-up my OKC profile and start over.
oword

hutch

« Reply #278 on: June 06, 2016, 02:45:12 pm »
New thread title...

+1

And this is an observation and not a judgment...but I've always wondered why some people want to get into a relationship so quickly after leaving a marriage. I guess some people just don't like being single/alone.

a lot of men need a woman to take care of them and tell them what to do....they get out of a divorce cause she leaves , the first person they date they marry.. she leaves again..another divorce...they get into a long term relationship.... I do not understand it...and if they are alone they are miserable! i know an elderly man with alzheimers.. moved into a retirement community.. was miserable until he found another woman to hang out with .. never mind she has no memory at all (he has some)... its actually the same man btw

Relaxer

« Reply #279 on: June 06, 2016, 02:50:15 pm »
I just ran the numbers and I've dated (in some form or another) eleven women since January. The fact that I had experiences/connections with 10 women before F is a good thing. This is not a case of buying the first house you visit. And while I think we're at the start of a very nice relationship, I would not put money on it lasting beyond this year only because I figure I'll fuck it up somehow. Hell, even yesterday I found myself sassy-chatting with a hot single mom at my son's baseball game and she texted me her number last night.
oword

hutch

« Reply #280 on: June 06, 2016, 02:55:07 pm »
I just ran the numbers and I've dated (in some form or another) eleven women since January. The fact that I had experiences/connections with 10 women before F is a good thing. This is not a case of buying the first house you visit. And while I think we're at the start of a very nice relationship, I would not put money on it lasting beyond this year only because I figure I'll fuck it up somehow. Hell, even yesterday I found myself sassy-chatting with a hot single mom at my son's baseball game and she texted me her number last night.

well just to be clear I'm not talking about you specifically.. more about men in general

Men tend to need women more than vice versa.. .women tend to age fairly well, live noticeably longer.. men crap out

look at Bill Clinton and Hillary for example... Bill looks terrible... can hardly deliver a speech without fucking up.. meanwhile Hillary is the energizer bunny..

« Reply #281 on: June 06, 2016, 11:49:47 pm »
.. because I figure I'll fuck it up somehow. Hell, even yesterday I found myself sassy-chatting with a hot single mom at my son's baseball game and she texted me her number last night.
This was a great coda to the lamest chapter in this book
We look forward to your annihilation
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #282 on: June 07, 2016, 07:39:01 am »
sassy . . . chatting?

Relaxer

« Reply #283 on: June 16, 2016, 11:58:46 am »
Yeah, I'm totally boring now, still fully on the F train with no salacious stories to tell and no sordid experiences to cackle about. I even told that hot single mom who texted me that I was off the market. Which is a damn shame because she was ready to go.

On the bright side, once this relationship with F inevitably shits the bed, I'll be jumping back into the sexpool with both feet, so stay tuned.
oword

« Reply #284 on: June 16, 2016, 12:04:19 pm »
please do trumpsingles!
slack