Author Topic: Human Weight Issues  (Read 51159 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Human Weight Issues
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 06:05:48 pm »
I'm at my heaviest weight ever, a hair under 160.

hutch

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2016, 06:26:29 pm »
I"m getting close to 160 myself.. but i do have a little bit of belly fat emerging from all the yuengling evidently..

I am considering taking the bike out this year...

evilizac

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2016, 10:28:07 am »
   5'8" Fat in youth (200lbs), lost weight towards tail end of high school  (roughly 150-155) (eating baked french fries, failing classes, walking for hours at night mindlessly) and kept it off more or less. . . Until I ended up with my current significant other. Over the course of five years (and moving in together) I've "ballooned" to roughly 175-180lbs.
   I've generally tried to stay on a minimal carbohydrate diet (though I do fall off. . . I'm in a poly amorous relationship with cake, ice cream and french fries) but really the way I'd kept the majority of my weight off before was being able to take a slight fasting attitude towards necessary meals i.e. I may have eaten 18-24 ounces of steak today, perhaps I can forego with dinner... or that was a lot of beer last night, who really needs breakfast on a Sunday morning; vitamins, fish oil and ibuprofen it is.
   It's tough to do this when you significant other is on a hangry jag.     
WHAT?

walk,on,by

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2016, 12:41:39 pm »
I,ll just put this here.  bought these this morning

from here

https://www.facebook.com/Strites-Donuts-Hot-and-Fresh-153131891418236/?fref=ts

they, destroy.  de,stroy.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 12:43:20 pm by walk,on,by »

Relaxer

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2016, 12:43:51 pm »
I never understood the appeal of putting your dick in a box but walk,on,by has shown me some light here.
oword

walk,on,by

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2016, 12:52:36 pm »
god . . . to be that donut.

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2016, 12:54:19 pm »
Don't you work from home...are you going to eat all of those!
slack

K8teebug

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2016, 12:55:30 pm »
Those look incredible.

I don't weigh myself. Fuck it.

walk,on,by

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2016, 12:58:23 pm »
I work, sometimes from home, but I like to work in my office, as well.  I brought these to my office in Winchester, and all the ladies love me.  Like a circle of vultures, telling you, how awesome you are.  I ate, two, by the way.  heaven.

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2016, 01:28:27 pm »
all the ladies love me.  Like a circle of vultures, telling you, how awesome you are. 
but weren't they doing that before you brought the fat pills?
slack

Got Haggis?

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2016, 01:09:22 pm »
10 years ago I weighed 180 (I'm 6'). Now I weigh 220. Ugh. Office job took its toll, and moving to a city where I can just walk to many bars didn't help. I don't eat that unhealthy, but should probably cut
Out carbs (beer) and get a bit more exercise.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2016, 02:28:12 pm »
And haggis, FWIW.

Relaxer

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2016, 03:34:20 pm »
I have to say that it's easy to fall into the trap of wanting to exercise more but not really getting around to it. I've mostly solved this challenge by scheduling exercise time and then fanatically sticking to it. I block out noon to 1:00 on my weekday Outlook calendar so that A) I know that's the time I have to go bust a move, and B) no dickhead colleagues of mine can schedule a meeting during that time. And when that reminder notice pops up at 11:45, I start winding down what I'm working on because I've convinced myself that "I have to go."

Unless you're one of those weirdos that just loves to exercise (in which case, you don't have a problem with motivation) you can't just hope to exercise when you have time. You have to make the time. Lay down a schedule and stick to it.

Also, if you're just starting with an exercise schedule, or you've been on a break for awhile, begin very modestly. The worst thing you can do is go out for a 5 mile run, split your shins, and then be laid up for the next 6 weeks. Start out with a long walk. Or a mild weights session. Work your way forward one step at a time.
oword

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2016, 03:57:03 pm »
You also do one of the best things too (I think)
Commute via bike as a part of your exercise regimen

Just got back in the saddle after a long winter and I commute 2 days a week
burn about 3k cals and put 60 miles on cyclometer

and only add a little extra time to my over all commute and come to work energized and in a good mood

but yeah, ya gotta put it on the schedule or it won't happen regularly

I think just getting a 20 min walk in for lunch 4 days a week is a really good start
then after a few weeks up it to 30 and start doing some afterwork
next thing you know, you're burning 2-3k calories a week with out really noticing
and I have a money back guarantee that you will feel better and be in a better mood over all

slack

Relaxer

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2016, 04:10:50 pm »
Yes Sidehatch, that is a great point that I should've made. If you can (and chances are, you can), bike to work. Not only is it built-in exercise every day, but you save money on gas and parking, your days of sitting in traffic just vanish, and you walk into your office having already accomplished something, which is a really nice feeling.

If your office is 5 miles or less from your house, you should strongly consider it. If it's between 5 and 10 miles, that's a haul but you should still give it some thought. Is there a way to drive halfway and then bike the rest? Bike to your metro station? Get creative.
oword