Author Topic: Human Weight Issues  (Read 51156 times)

Re: Human Weight Issues
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2016, 04:32:33 pm »
if you are lucky to have a 5 mile commute, you probably won't need to wear biking gear and take a shower when you get to work (that adds 15-20 mins to my morning)

unfortunately (and IMO fortunately) I'm a 15 mile ride each way...
slack

Yada

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2016, 04:48:39 pm »
if you are lucky to have a 5 mile commute, you probably won't need to wear biking gear and take a shower when you get to work (that adds 15-20 mins to my morning)

unfortunately (and IMO fortunately) I'm a 15 mile ride each way...

I'm too concerned with getting crushed by a vehicle and the logistics of clothes/showers/etc. to consistently ride a bike to work.  I also work remotely most days.

Relaxer

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2016, 05:06:11 pm »
I will say that I used to be extremely concerned about the sweat issue. However, I've learned that if you shower before you leave, the sweat you produce on your ride is very clean sweat and isn't that stanky. Granted, you have to change from your bike clothes to your work clothes, but that was much easier and hassle-free than I thought it would be before I did it.
oword

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2016, 05:07:22 pm »
I've learned that if you shower before you leave, the sweat you produce on your ride is very clean sweat and isn't that stanky.
And, coincidentally, your marriage recently dissolved, you say?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 05:10:48 pm by Julian, Authenticated LUXUROPHILE »
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2016, 05:10:21 pm »
I will say that I used to be extremely concerned about the sweat issue. However, I've learned that if you shower before you leave, the sweat you produce on your ride is very clean sweat and isn't that stanky. Granted, you have to change from your bike clothes to your work clothes, but that was much easier and hassle-free than I thought it would be before I did it.

Pre working from home, I used to go to the gym at work basically ever day and battled the sweats for basically the next multiple hours post work out shower.

I did purchase a vornado for my office which was awesome.

Relaxer

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2016, 05:11:46 pm »
I've learned that if you shower before you leave, the sweat you produce on your ride is very clean sweat and isn't that stanky.
And, coincidentally, your marriage recent dissolved, you say?

While I applaud your efforts to develop a joke, the logistics of it don't really work. How would me being smelly at work affect my marriage? Please try harder and better luck next time!
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2016, 05:12:42 pm »
Unless of course the pure musky loverman scent that cascades from my bulging 28.6 BMI body is such that no woman at work can resist me. Then it makes a bit more sense.
oword

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2016, 05:20:13 pm »
While I applaud your efforts to develop a joke, the logistics of it don't really work. How would me being smelly at work affect my marriage? Please try harder and better luck next time!
Is it your contention that if one hypothetically smells at work that they do not continue to smell when they return home? In essence, that instead of one marinating in their own funk all day that they have a finite amount of stink and they run out?

And this is to say nothing of the fact you are presumably biking back home after work.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2016, 01:54:43 pm »
 I weighed myself  earlier today and I am glad to report I am at 154...

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2016, 01:56:17 pm »
I weighed myself  earlier today and I am glad to report I am at 154...
At what height, and how long ago was your most recent poop?
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2016, 03:20:19 pm »
All this talk about exercise is well and great, but if you want to lose weight, it's mostly a diet thing. Just felt like throwing that out there.
oword

Yada

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2016, 03:33:39 pm »
All this talk about exercise is well and great, but if you want to lose weight, it's mostly a diet thing. Just felt like throwing that out there.

Do meatball subs from Potbelly fall into that healthy diet?

Relaxer

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2016, 03:45:02 pm »
Sure, as long as the meatballs are made out of turnips and the bread is actually pressed-together spinach.
oword

brennser

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2016, 03:50:28 pm »
Yes Sidehatch, that is a great point that I should've made. If you can (and chances are, you can), bike to work. Not only is it built-in exercise every day, but you save money on gas and parking, your days of sitting in traffic just vanish, and you walk into your office having already accomplished something, which is a really nice feeling.

If your office is 5 miles or less from your house, you should strongly consider it. If it's between 5 and 10 miles, that's a haul but you should still give it some thought. Is there a way to drive halfway and then bike the rest? Bike to your metro station? Get creative.

Dedicated bike commuter - 4,500 miles last year - did 33 miles this morning before work because trying (and failing) to lose weight. Relaxer is right - exercise is great but its all about diet - in my case not drinking 2-3 high ABV beers every night

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2016, 03:56:47 pm »
Dedicated bike commuter - 4,500 miles last year
impressive!
slack