Author Topic: Ticketfly improvements since 2010?  (Read 43620 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: Ticketfly improvements since 2010?
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2011, 03:48:55 pm »
I wouldn't recommend anyone use IE6 or IE7 at this point. 

Seriously.  I hope the IE6 reference was a joke because it's a joke of a browser now.
not to mention its impossible to install it on win7

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2011, 11:37:50 am »
seems like ticketfly had a few problems this morning.  i tried purchasing tix for Thievery Corporation, and the system kept hanging at various points.  logging in to my account seemed to be the biggest problem, typically the login screen pop-up would appear but it would be blank.  when the login/password boxes did appear in the pop-up, the system would time out after i entered my account information.  i spent 23 frustrating minutes putting tickets in my cart and then being unable to complete the order.  finally got through, but it was nerve-racking and time-consuming.  it was frustrating to watch the ticker on my cart count down to 0:00 and there being nothing i could do to get out of ticketing purgatory. 
<sig>

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2011, 05:34:29 pm »
Hey Sweetcell-

Yep, we had some hiccups yesterday morning that seem to be clear now. Sorry about that.

Were you able to get tickets?

-Amy

Darth Ed

« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2011, 03:37:32 pm »
I too experienced a lot of problems get Wild Flag tickets on 11/10, but I was eventually able to checkout. Took like 20 minutes and like a dozen attempts though.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2011, 04:53:49 pm »
Hey Sweetcell-

Yep, we had some hiccups yesterday morning that seem to be clear now. Sorry about that.

Were you able to get tickets?

-Amy

yup, i eventually got tickets.  i knew that show would sell out quickly, so i was stressed out during those 23 minutes... i had no idea how fast it was going to sell out.  turned out that it took hour, not a few minutes - although at one point i got a "no tickets available" message which really made me unhappy.  luckily it was temporary and more tickets became available, but it was weird that it took hours for the show to sell out yet the inventory was depleted at some point within 15 minutes of onsale.  could have been all those failed orders that were holding tickets, heaven knows that i was responsible for at least a dozen of them.
<sig>

eltee

« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2011, 09:42:57 am »
Is it just me or can one not return to the main TF / 930 page when reviewing one's TF account? When reviewing my account in TF, I want to return to the TF home page / 930 ticketing page. I don't see a link to return to either. I click on the TF logo at the top, it doesn't do anything. ..One just has to back page I guess?
Also, still no way to save credit card info still or have I forgotten?

eltee

« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2013, 10:03:40 pm »
So, I just bought tickets via TF after a long time. Noticed a few updates and one I'm curious about...the options to obtain tickets shown are will call, std. mail or UPS. They don't list prices. So I wrote TF who told me that it's $3.50 to mail - which again it doesn't show. Am I missing the cost? (I selected mail b/c TM is free to ship that method and I assumed it would be the same.) They also told me I could print at home for free -- I didn't see that option at all. Is it a concert by concert basis?
Still can't store a credit card which would be helpful for those show that have the potential to sell out in minutes.
Oh, and base cost was $35, service $4 other fees $12. Somehow they are now more expensive than TM fees. ?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2013, 05:30:33 pm »
Still can't store a credit card which would be helpful for those show that have the potential to sell out in minutes.

storing a credit card won't do anything to help you with quick sellout shows.  the tough part is reserving a ticket, aka getting it in your basket - your CC doesn't play a role in that.  once you get your ticket(s), you have 10 minutes to fill out the CC info.  whether you take 10 seconds or 9:59 to enter your CC, you're still going to get only that ticket that you have reserved.  you're not going to lose it (unless you take more than 10 minutes). 

i don't see how having your CC stored will change any of that...
<sig>

« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2017, 04:08:01 pm »
so when did the ticketfly Andriod App disappear?
slack

hutch

« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2017, 09:16:15 am »
Wonder how TFAmy is doing...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2017, 11:34:08 am »
only slightly stalkerish on this one, seeing as we are "friends" on Facebook...

She is working as a stand up comedian and has an album out on Kill All Rock stars.

https://amymiller.bandcamp.com/album/solid-gold

T.Rex

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2017, 11:36:54 am »
She is working as a stand up comedian and has an album out on Kill All Rock stars.

Did not see that coming. Wow. She never said anything remotely funny during her time as a PR flack on here!
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2017, 12:32:39 pm »

Did not see that coming. Wow. She never said anything remotely funny during her time as a PR flack on here!

Two nights at Floppers Comedy Club. That's pretty impressive.

hutch

« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2017, 01:32:09 pm »
Wow...I had no idea...i remember when we had her all to ourselves