Author Topic: A 2nd Rolling Compendium of Everything Julian Eats  (Read 31202 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: A 2nd Rolling Compendium of Everything Julian Eats
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 01:38:47 pm »
Can you say a little bit more about the cheese?
I feel avocado is a very rich flavor on its own and does not need cheese to accent it. I think chives, a slice of tomato, and a little sriacha is a better accent for this dish. I'm pro-cheese in general though.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 02:46:28 pm »
Crack two eggs in a bowl and scoop the yolks into the holes where the pit was. As you have room, fill the rest of the hole with egg-white and put a little egg-white coating on top too.

shouldn't you be prioritizing the whites over the yolks?  i would start by pouring in the whites, then adding the beaten yolk as space allows.
<sig>

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 02:55:22 pm »
Crack two eggs in a bowl and scoop the yolks into the holes where the pit was. As you have room, fill the rest of the hole with egg-white and put a little egg-white coating on top too.

shouldn't you be prioritizing the whites over the yolks?  i would start by pouring in the whites, then adding the beaten yolk as space allows.
No, you don't beat the yolks. You want to get the yolks in intact if at all possible. Going just egg-whites would probably be lower calorie, but you want that over-easy-esque yolk to interplay with the avocado.
LVMH

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 02:55:57 pm »
  • Greek yogurt
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2016, 02:59:36 pm »

No, you don't beat the yolks. You want to get the yolks in intact if at all possible. Going just egg-whites would probably be lower calorie, but you want that over-easy-esque yolk to interplay with the avocado.

Or, barring the addition of the yolk, you could just add cheese.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2016, 03:01:37 pm »
  • Greek yogurt

Fage? Chobani? Dannon? Stonyfield? Oikos?  Flavors? Fat content? Calories?

My god man, your lack of details is infuriating!

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2016, 03:04:01 pm »
  • Greek yogurt

Fage? Chobani? Dannon? Stonyfield? Oikos?  Flavors? Fat content? Calories?

My god man, your lack of details is infuriating!
For future reference, whenever I say "Greek yogurt", I mean a single-serving of plain Chobani which has 90 calories and 15g protein (no fat content), unless otherwise stated.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2016, 03:17:12 pm »
OMG you should totally try the Fage 2% with honey. dats da bomb - da  yogurnt bomb!

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2016, 03:19:43 pm »
Can you provide your favorite recipes as well; that avocado/egg thing sounds great.
The avocado thing is pretty easy. Cut an avocado in half (longways) and remove the pit. Crack two eggs in a bowl and scoop the yolks into the holes where the pit was. As you have room, fill the rest of the hole with egg-white and put a little egg-white coating on top too. If you want cheese, throw a little of that on there. (I didn't use cheese.) Bake in oven (still in the avocado skin) at 425 for about 15 minutes. Add chives and/or hot sauce to your personal taste.

Very simple and about 400 calories for an entire avocado and 2 eggs (more if you add cheese but it really doesn't need cheese).

Thanks. Will try this soon.

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2016, 03:19:59 pm »
OMG you should totally try the Fage 2% with honey. dats da bomb - da  yogurnt bomb!
Does it come with the honey already mixed in or are you suggesting mixing honey with plain Fage 2% yogurt?

I actually really like the taste of plain Greek yogurt unlike, seemingly, everyone else on earth.
LVMH

walk,on,by

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2016, 03:24:11 pm »
you must only eat siggis yogurt, if you are going to eat it.  least amount of sugar, and most amount of protein.  so, there.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2016, 03:28:13 pm »
Does it come with the honey already mixed in or are you suggesting mixing honey with plain Fage 2% yogurt?

I actually really like the taste of plain Greek yogurt unlike, seemingly, everyone else on earth.

It comes with honey that you stir in.  I suppose you don't have to use all the honey they provide, but why would you ever do that.

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2016, 03:35:35 pm »
you must only eat siggis yogurt, if you are going to eat it.  least amount of sugar, and most amount of protein.  so, there.
I've never heard of this brand but I just looked them up and the nutritional information for their single serving 0% plain yogurt is virtually identical to the Chobani sitting in my mini-fridge. Same calories, protein, and sugar. Sodium is extremely close too.
LVMH

walk,on,by

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2016, 04:05:46 pm »
plain yogurt.  good lord, man.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2016, 04:32:18 pm »
plain yogurt.  good lord, man.

That is like the complete opposite of luxury.  for someone who hates themselves, or food.  its like punishment.