Author Topic: Instant Green Day Sell Out!?!  (Read 5450 times)

StoneTheCrow

Re: Instant Green Day Sell Out!?!
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2016, 12:02:21 pm »
Have had that happen myself. THAT's frustrating as hell.  If you can get two in your cart you should have the (timed) opportunity to complete the purchase.

hutch

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2016, 12:09:12 pm »
Yeah i think its happened to me too.. its usually for very very very high volume shows.k. I think the program has so many orders coming in within the first few seconds that it can't differentiate and gives them all tickets.. then catches up with itself and realizes its allocated too many tickets to carts....that would be my guess.. how it decides to cancel them is anybody's guess.. in other words which ones get cancelled if there are say 100 orders with the exact same time? if that is the way it works it does seem unfair because it means it is literally a lottery...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2016, 03:34:25 pm »
Assuming 1200 tix it would only take 600 sales to sell out.

there was at least one fanclub presale, possibly a second presale too, so there were well less than 600 pairs available.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2016, 03:35:42 pm »
I'm feeling extraordinarily lucky and perhaps a little guilty. But way lucky.

hutch

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2016, 03:39:31 pm »
Assuming 1200 tix it would only take 600 sales to sell out.

there was at least one fanclub presale, possibly a second presale too, so there were well less than 600 pairs available.

in addition to the ones they will hold for the band / promos/ media...

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2016, 10:56:39 am »
would still be interested in being someone's plus one for this. all i can offer in return is the price of the ticket, and the thrill of standing in line and hearing about the rest of my awful taste in music.... :)