Author Topic: TAN: ITT, we remember things from Seinfeld.  (Read 14964 times)

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
TAN: ITT, we remember things from Seinfeld.
« on: September 27, 2016, 02:12:01 pm »
Exactly what it says on the tin.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 02:16:02 pm by Julian, the BELOVED »
LVMH

Re: TAN: ITT, we remember things from Seinfeld.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 02:12:43 pm »
Hey, do you guys remember that episode of Seinfeld where they steal the limo at the airport and as a result people think George is the leader of a violent Aryan group? That was kind of dark.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 02:17:00 pm by Julian, the BELOVED »
LVMH

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 02:15:33 pm »
Do you guys remember how weird it was that Jerry always had a boarding pass for Newark airport on his fridge throughout the run of the show? Boy, I sure remember that.

It's a pretty weird thing to keep. And why would he fly into Newark? JFK seems much more convenient given where his apartment is. Fuck, LGA is would be closer (timewise, IDK about pure mileage) too and he could avoid Jersey altogether.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 02:17:12 pm by Julian, the BELOVED »
LVMH

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 02:36:35 pm »
Hey remember when Jerry was dating Miss Rhode Island and went to see her in the Miss America contest?

Man, I do. While I enjoyed the comedy of him accidentally killing her birds so she had no talent to do in the contest, I felt pretty bad for those doves.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 03:04:03 pm »
Do you remember how Kramer's original back story was that he hadn't left the building in 10 years?
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 03:05:47 pm »
I obviously like the record store episode!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 03:15:08 pm »
It's hard for me to pick an episode I like above the others. I think George walking out after he kills it with a joke is great.... or when he's trying to get an apology from the guy whose sweater he stretched out.... Gah... There's so many. Kramer adopting a highway.... Kramer starting the swim club... Elaine and the sponges.... GAH
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 03:17:05 pm »
Do you remember how Kramer's original back story was that he hadn't left the building in 10 years?
I remember that. Michael Richards said in one commentary he started the series playing a character that was "slower" than everyone else but flipped in the "Jerry's housekeeper steals his statue" episode to being "smarter" than everyone else.

Who else remembers that episode?
LVMH

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 03:17:57 pm »
I obviously like the record store episode!
I remember that episode. George tells the old man's aide he would like to cover his blad head in oil and rub it over her entire body. And there was an old lady who had sex with Ghandi!

That's a weird episode to remember.
LVMH

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 03:18:31 pm »
It's hard for me to pick an episode I like above the others. I think George walking out after he kills it with a joke is great.... or when he's trying to get an apology from the guy whose sweater he stretched out.... Gah... There's so many. Kramer adopting a highway.... Kramer starting the swim club... Elaine and the sponges.... GAH
Whoa, whoa, whoa. We can't remember all these things properly if you're going to run through them so quickly. Slow down!
LVMH

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 03:22:21 pm »
or when he's trying to get an apology from the guy whose sweater he stretched out.... Gah...
I remember that guy was played by James Spader. Remember when James Spader had hair? DOUBLE REMEMORY.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2016, 04:12:00 pm »
I remember that. Michael Richards said in one commentary he started the series playing a character that was "slower" than everyone else but flipped in the "Jerry's housekeeper steals his statue" episode to being "smarter" than everyone else.

I actually DON'T remember the cleaning lady stealing the statue. I remember George seeing the statue his parents had and then Kramer steals it back and then they break it lol
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2016, 04:19:48 pm »

I actually DON'T remember the cleaning lady stealing the statue. I remember George seeing the statue his parents had and then Kramer steals it back and then they break it lol
I think you're mis-remembering and conflating two episodes. Jerry had a cleaning lady I remember who he was sleeping with. But in the statue episode, I remember Jerry having a cleaning dude. A cleaning dude who was a little highstrung, if you remember.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 04:21:20 pm by Julian, the BELOVED »
LVMH

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 04:22:32 pm »
But then, you know what else I'm remembering? George also slept with a cleaning lady!

Sure was a lot of people diddling the maid on that show, now that I'm remembering it. To be fair, I guess it's a better outcome than getting robbed by one.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 04:33:14 pm »
^oh that is a classic...