Author Topic: The legendary Gang of Four is opening for some band called "The Faint"?  (Read 3765 times)

Space Freely

Admittedly, I only know a couple of Gang of Four songs. But are they really an opener for random bands at this point in their career?

hutch

Re: The legendary Gang of Four is opening for some band called "The Faint"?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 06:14:59 pm »
umm... I thought this was funny too..but I dont' think its the legendary Gang of Four.. just one dude..

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 06:19:09 pm »
Their new singer is awful I heard from a friend
(_|_)

bearman🐻

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 07:08:12 pm »
Yeah, it's a shadow of Gang of Four. The reunion tour with all 4 original members was the performance to see.

betao

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 08:07:22 pm »
The Gang of Four show I saw last year was alright. Nothing amazing enough to pull me back for another show. The guitarist is the only remaining member.

Anyone can open for anyone these days as far as I'm concerned. Remember a number of years back when The Prodigy opened for Linkin Park?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 07:18:19 pm by betao »

K8teebug

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 09:29:36 am »
Reminds me of the time I went to see Enon at the Black Cat and everyone was there for the Faint. The Faint were awful, Enon rocked, as usual...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 09:51:42 am »
Reminds me of the time I went to see Enon at the Black Cat and everyone was there for the Faint. The Faint were awful, Enon rocked, as usual...
Enon were fucking awesome. Love that band.
LVMH

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 10:00:37 am »
I understand the general point of the thread but "some band called 'The Faint'" is ridiculous. I'm not a fan of The Faint but they've been around for two decades. They're ubiquitous in the indie world. I find it ridiculous that Space has been on here for 15 years and posted 20,000 times but somehow was unaware there is a band called The Faint up until this moment.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 11:56:34 am »
I understand the general point of the thread but "some band called 'The Faint'" is ridiculous. I'm not a fan of The Faint but they've been around for two decades. They're ubiquitous in the indie world. I find it ridiculous that Space has been on here for 15 years and posted 20,000 times but somehow was unaware there is a band called The Faint up until this moment.

My college roommate in 1988-89 listened to Psychic TV and the VU and other more obscure stuff constantly, to my dismay. He had never heard of REM.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 06:14:29 pm »
The Gang of Four show I saw last year was alright. Nothing amazing enough to pull me back for another show. The bassist is the only remaining member.

Anyone can open for anyone these days as far as I'm concerned. Remember a number of years back when The Prodigy opened for Linkin Park?

I think Dave Allen would disagree with this ;)
T.Rex

betao

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 07:17:56 pm »
The Gang of Four show I saw last year was alright. Nothing amazing enough to pull me back for another show. The bassist is the only remaining member.

I think Dave Allen would disagree with this ;)

Doh. Should've done my homework on that one.