Author Topic: Official 930 Club Teenage Fanclub Meetup thread  (Read 9133 times)

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Official 930 Club Teenage Fanclub Meetup thread
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2016, 03:31:47 pm »
So we have the guy who lives in a shotgun shack suggesting the most expensive option, and Thurston Howell III suggesting it's too pricey. Love it.
I have no problem paying for quality; I have a problem paying double market value.
LVMH

bluflower

• Spin Cycle Radio show
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2016, 03:31:55 pm »
How about somebody find out where the band is drinking before the show and we'll just go hang out with them?

umm.. they don't strike me as big drinkers but they'll be backstage drinking for free.. they are not rich or anything..

so we need backstage passes... I will reach out to the band and get back to you.

Big drinkers? not so much, these days, but drinkers, yes. They have quite a busy schedule traveling, etc. so I imagine before the show they'll be inside and will most likely want to see the opener as well.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 08:40:36 am »
So I plan to be at 8 in case they need a last minute playlist or whatever, otherwise I'll plan on hanging in the backbar before the show.  I'll be the one wearing non pleated pants. 

I'm planning on grabbing a bite to eat somewhere need the club around 7pm, if we are meeting up that early.
T.Rex

Space Freely

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2016, 08:47:37 am »
So what's the final decision on place and time?

I'll be the old guy among many old guys, wearing my wife's Infidel t-shirt.

walkie,talkie

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2016, 09:40:03 am »
Girl, I can't wait until I can finally be a part of a boardie meet up.

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2016, 09:41:49 am »
It is looking increasingly like I will get there about 15 minutes before the opener so I will be, at best, making a quick cameo at any meetup while the rest of you close out your bills.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2016, 10:27:41 am »
It is looking increasingly like I will get there about 15 minutes before the opener so I will be, at best, making a quick cameo at any meetup while the rest of you close out your bills.

Sounds good.

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2016, 10:31:36 am »

Sounds good.
Well played.
LVMH

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2016, 12:05:40 pm »
So I plan to be at 8 in case they need a last minute playlist or whatever, otherwise I'll plan on hanging in the backbar before the show.  I'll be the one wearing non pleated pants. 

I'm planning on grabbing a bite to eat somewhere need the club around 7pm, if we are meeting up that early.

I am wearing pleated pants now. Will change out of them and wear replacements merch of somesort. Probably an 8:15 arrival.

bluflower

• Spin Cycle Radio show
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2016, 01:26:54 pm »

I'll more than likely be at Satellite room before the show. I'll also have my TFC green tote bag. See you later!

Space Freely

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2016, 09:08:17 am »
Nice hanging out with Vas Deferens last night. Where were the rest of you clowns?  ;D

hutch

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2016, 10:10:00 am »
Nice hanging out with Vas Deferens last night. Where were the rest of you clowns?  ;D

at the Meetup! Awesome seeing everybody!

Sorry we had to move it but there just wasn't enough space for all the boardies that turned up..

Space Freely

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2016, 12:40:01 pm »
Decent show. I wish they had decided to do their one masterpiece album in its entirety on its 25th Anniversary, instead of relegating it to one song.

hutch

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2016, 11:06:51 pm »
Decent show. I wish they had decided to do their one masterpiece album in its entirety on its 25th Anniversary, instead of relegating it to one song.

Songs From Northern Britain came out in 1997.

FWIW both Grand Prix and SFNB are more highly rated than Bandwagonesque.

hutch

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2016, 11:22:44 pm »
Decent show.

geez.. not exactly a ringing endorsement...