Author Topic: 9:30 Hall of Records  (Read 7952 times)

bearman🐻

Re: 9:30 Hall of Records
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2016, 12:43:59 pm »
Just FYI, they haven't updated the list yet...I donated some stuff and it's still listed as "needed"...so if you're going to donate records, just make sure they actually need them first.

hutch

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2016, 08:23:48 pm »
its a good deal if you have extra cds lying around!...  of course the easier ones to find are probably "taken" by now.. but 100 FWB points is reasonable for a typical used cd...and also you get the name on some wall I think...i think the lps are not remunerated as well..

i do think some of the cds they are asking for are not actually the cds acts toured behind when they played the 930 at that particular show.. some of the research doesn't strike me as good but it makes sense that with thousands and thousands of shows they couldn't spend too much time on each.... in some cases they just pick a greatest hits collection instead of the actual cd the artist was promoting... but hey nothing is perfect...

its definitely a cool idea...and I'm glad to participate in it...not only for the points but also just to have a part of my collection -however small- now housed at the 930 club..and some of my records...and another way to be part of the 930 community... for example I'm donating my Dead Kennedy's first LP which i bought in Argentina at a flea market 15 years ago...

since the 930 has been a good part of my life i've tried to buy music i associate with it.. like i have that first Tiny Desk Unit lp...

i got to find the cds and lps i'm donating and box them up and take them later this week..quite a project in my house...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 08:29:01 pm by hutch »

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2016, 10:57:35 am »
Just FYI, they haven't updated the list yet...I donated some stuff and it's still listed as "needed"...so if you're going to donate records, just make sure they actually need them first.

How long ago did you donate them

bearman🐻

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2016, 11:03:13 am »
One week ago. But only one of the items was updated...most of the other stuff I submitted hasn't been updated. But I got FWB points credited to my account for everything.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 11:05:11 am by bearman »

hutch

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 05:16:21 pm »
I'm finally taking my stuff.. well most of the stuff..tonight in a big box...

Pretty exciting..it took me hours to find it all in the clusterfuck of my basement...

I'll then root around for the other stuff I promised the 930 but that is probably only about 10% of the total stuff...

hutch

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2017, 04:56:30 pm »
i took my second batch of stuff yesterday but i lost track of what i owe them...hopefully they will "remind" me what i promised that is still outstanding..

i haven't been to the club in a while.. curious to see how the hall of records is shaping up.