Author Topic: Is that a hydrometer in your pocket or are you just happy to see me  (Read 47830 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Is that a hydrometer in your pocket or are you just happy to see me
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2021, 04:05:18 am »
hmmm, sounds intriguing!
https://www.brewerspublications.com/products/brewing-with-cannabis?

personally, it's not that intriguing.  unless you're sitting on a lot of weed, or are ok with making a single gallon of the stuff, making pot beer isn't practical.  also, i like to control my dosage separately - mixing the two means you're locked in to a fixed ratio of THC:alcohol.  finally, alcohol kicks in a lot fast than mary jane when ingested through the stomach, so unless you put a crap ton of bud in the beer you'll be really buzzed on alcohol before the THC kicks in. 

the one thing that is appealing is the aroma impacts of marijuana on beer.  last year i tasted a beer spike with marijuana terpenes - so no buzz but all the aroma - and it smelled heavenly.
<sig>

« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2021, 04:56:20 pm »
43 years ago today, President Carter legalized homebrewing in all 50 states!
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2021, 07:40:04 pm »
true, but states then had to pass regulations legalizing it, so it took a while before folks could legally make bad beer at home.  the last two states, Mississippi and Alabama, didn't pass legalization laws until 2013... way to be slow, Deep South.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2021, 07:48:30 pm »
prior to Carter's legalization, the number of breweries in the US has been steadily declining.  in 1978, the year that Carter allowed homebrewing, there were only 89 breweries in the entire country - the lowest number since the first settlers arrived on american shores.  as we all (should) know, the vast, vast majority of craft brewers started off in their garages - so ol' jimmy is, in a way, the godfather of the craft beer industry.

<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2021, 05:58:37 pm »
house with a brewery set up for sale in bosie
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3880-N-Payson-Ave-Boise-ID-83704/79694618_zpid/

wow, this has been on offer for a while now.  obviously price is way too high.  also, there is something amiss with their statement "The home also has a full Commercial Grade and licensed Brewery set up built into the garage."  licensed means a commercial license, and those cannot be given to a residentially zones building.  so unless this house is in an industrial park or some such, the next owner will not be able to brew beer at home and then sell it.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2021, 06:24:05 pm »
wow, this has been on offer for a while now.  obviously price is way too high.

It's also in fucking Boise.

27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2021, 06:28:04 pm »

I have a cousin who moved to Boise and while I wouldn’t want to live there, Boise is kind of great. Sweetcell would love living in Boise.
LVMH

« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2021, 06:30:11 pm »

yeah....that was the deal breaker for me
If you are going to move to Idaho...why on earth would you live in a city
slack

« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2022, 07:44:05 pm »
of course sweets will be the only one who understands more than 30% of this

So took my brewing up a notch this weekend 
Brewed an ESB using a BIAB method, but this time used a Sous Vide that I dropped in a hop spider to keep my mash at a consistent 154 temp.  So far I'm loving it.  I've read, getting a recirculating pump is the way to go to improve my efficiency . But I'm happy as a clam to keep it at a consistent temp. Was 40 degrees out and no thermal wrap/sleeping bag could keep that temp
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2022, 01:25:25 am »

Brewed an ESB using a BIAB method, but this time used a Sous Vide that I dropped in a hop spider to keep my mash at a consistent 154 temp.  So far I'm loving it.  I've read, getting a recirculating pump is the way to go to improve my efficiency . But I'm happy as a clam to keep it at a consistent temp. Was 40 degrees out and no thermal wrap/sleeping bag could keep that temp

eff eff eff eff eff.  i typed out a long response last night, but the fact that it isn't here means i screwed up and closed the tab/moved to another page before hitting "post".  ugh.  i'll try to get the energy to re-do.  frustrated with myself.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2022, 10:08:51 am »
Ctrl-Shift-T is your friend, my man.

Space Freely

« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2022, 10:20:26 am »

It's rare when I write something long here, but when i do, I always try to remember to type it on Notepad first, then copy and paste.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2022, 01:28:08 pm »

tried that.  only works if you've recently closed the tab.  i tried almost 24 hours later... and many, many tabs later.  t'was gone.

It's rare when I write something long here, but when i do, I always try to remember to type it on Notepad first, then copy and paste.

yeah, i do that if i'm going to come back to a reply.  after some amount of time, a token expires and the bboard won't let you post your reply.  i've lost them that way too.

i appreciate everyone's concern, but don't worry about me.  even all-star boardees like yours truly have an off day.  neither brady, rodgers nor mahomes have gone 17-0...
<sig>