Author Topic: No Age/High Places  (Read 1629 times)

nkotb

No Age/High Places
« on: July 08, 2008, 01:41:00 pm »
Anyone else in tonight?

pfsmith32

Re: No Age/High Places
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 04:09:00 pm »
In.  Not sure what to make of High Places.  I've heard a bit of the 3/07 - 9/07 album, and it seems decent.  I've heard good things about No Age this tour.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 07:48:00 pm »
yepper.

teepo

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 01:38:00 am »
so... will it be worth it to go all the way up to baltimore to catch this tour?

BookerT

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 04:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by teepo:
i'm not sure no age is a band worth traveling for. they were excellent, but you could probably just rent a drumkit and find a friend with a guitar and bash away for 40 minutes and have a close approximation of no age. and that'd be really DIY and you'd have a lower carbon footprint. and high places were highly boring. didn't get there in time for tessio.

nkotb

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 04:36:00 pm »
As killer as I thought the show was, I think I agree with BookerT.  

It's a pretty no-thrills affair.  No Age did rock pretty damn hard, but if you're just borderline (or don't live in Baltimore) you probably won't tell your grandkids about it.

I did like High Places, and thought they played off their sound better live than I would've expected.  Still, I doubt I'll ever see them again.  They're a bit of a one-trick pony, no matter how listenable that trick is.

I did catch the last few minutes of Abe Vigoda's set and thought it was pretty fun.  Of course, all types of shitty music can sound good when it's played loud and aggressively.  I'm going to download the album in my next eMusic run and see how it looks.

As BookerT can attest, I left that show a sweaty mess.  Running + Going to Gym + Leaving immediately afterwards to head bang to punked out riffs in a packed club where the average temperature seemed to be 110 degrees = Losing 10 pounds of water weight

Originally posted by BookerT:

Originally posted by teepo:
i'm not sure no age is a band worth traveling for. they were excellent, but you could probably just rent a drumkit and find a friend with a guitar and bash away for 40 minutes and have a close approximation of no age. and that'd be really DIY and you'd have a lower carbon footprint. and high places were highly boring. didn't get there in time for tessio. [/b]