Author Topic: the The Cure thread  (Read 9380 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: the The Cure thread
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2023, 03:35:07 pm »
We did not find Robert Smith at the Lakehouse Hotel earlier today….don’t think he stayed there..oh well
I have it on good authority he's a HILTON HONORS guy.
LVMH

Hutch

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2023, 03:39:47 pm »
He was not at the Hampton Inn we stayed at either….

Didn’t run into him at Grotto’s

lily1

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2023, 03:52:24 pm »
Anyone else see one of the road crew walking a teeny tiny dog around what would be stage left?

Why did they close access to the pit? There were legit pit ticket holders that were told they had to go elsewhere and staff were holding up signs that the section was closed. Did they oversell the section? Or was it just too damn hot to safely smush more folks in?

Hutch

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2023, 11:08:28 pm »
They have champagne at 932 and other places at MPP. Much enjoyed that…

I watched some of my videos from last night…boy was the sound great… I feel like the sound at shows I go to lately has been really good…anyways I was reminded that Friday I’m in love got the biggest reaction and most singing along.

Playing In Between Days/Just like heaven back to back was sick. Tiffiny’s complaint is they didn’t intersperse the pop tunes during the whole show and instead played them all at the end.

Every set list approach is going to have its pluses and minuses.

Yada

Hutch

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2023, 10:51:52 pm »
https://98kupd.com/the-cure-earns-highest-grossing-tour-of-career-with-shows-of-a-lost-world-north-american-outing/

And they did it while keeping ticket prices reasonable relative to other comparable acts.