Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 258177 times)

wml7

Re: The Anthem
« Reply #645 on: October 11, 2017, 02:18:30 am »
Haha Julian said it would be amazing.  I wonder how pissed the person who wanted to take his kid or wife is
 ;D

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #646 on: October 11, 2017, 06:35:53 am »
Very glad I got to see the place last night. Every bit as awesome as others described. Getting an extra pair of free beers that were handed out was nice, as well.

Still took 45 minutes to get food, but that was the only hiccup I experienced.

lily1

« Reply #647 on: October 11, 2017, 06:44:26 am »
still haven't gotten my foo fighters tickets in the mail. getting down to the wire...

DotTheEyes

« Reply #648 on: October 11, 2017, 07:33:42 am »
I can't go to LCD Soundsystem on 10/18 (their second Anthem show).  If anyone wants a free ticket, send me a private message.

Claimed.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #649 on: October 11, 2017, 07:53:37 am »
well FWB just sent me a random act of kindness for a special iHeartRadio Foo FAnthem show tomorrow night?
60 min show for the radio...
didn't actually get a ticket yet

wow.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #650 on: October 11, 2017, 07:54:50 am »
still haven't gotten my foo fighters tickets in the mail. getting down to the wire...

they will print them out for you at the box office....

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #651 on: October 11, 2017, 08:03:49 am »

So between waiting in line to get them at the box office, then waiting in line as 6000 people have their IDs checked against their tickets, lily1 should basically be queued at the venue already?
LVMH

« Reply #652 on: October 11, 2017, 08:06:45 am »

So between waiting in line to get them at the box office, then waiting in line as 6000 people have their IDs checked against their tickets, lily1 should basically be queued at the venue already?
box office has like 7 windows...she could go tonight and get the ticket

Andrew WK was fun, but not like 'OMFG you have to go to this show" fun
super appreciate getting to go to both
love the new venue...would like access to the pool tho
slack

shemptiness

« Reply #653 on: October 11, 2017, 08:14:51 am »
Appreciated getting to see the place early.  Not so bummed missing last night and AWK.   

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #654 on: October 11, 2017, 08:15:25 am »

box office has like 7 windows...she could go tonight and get the ticket

Andrew WK was fun, but not like 'OMFG you have to go to this show" fun
super appreciate getting to go to both
love the new venue...would like access to the pool tho

probably could get the ticket printed at 930club tonight or even tomorrow. Dunno for sure.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #655 on: October 11, 2017, 08:23:43 am »
If tix were not "mail only" I would call ticket fly and have them changed to print at home. I've done that before when tix got lost in the mail.

Why should she have to chase her tickets down? If they haven't arrived I'd expect an accommodation for her.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #656 on: October 11, 2017, 08:45:26 am »
Why should she have to chase her tickets down? If they haven't arrived I'd expect an accommodation for her.
Seth doesn't see why she needs to know where her tickets are.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #657 on: October 11, 2017, 09:12:12 am »
The Anthem officially receives the YSOA.

A few thoughts from my evening:

•   Showed up at 7:40pm and walked right in, zero line if you came down the side of Shake Shack vs. the other entrance
•   Absolutely gorgeous venue, one could say it’s a work of art or a museum of sorts
•   There is a very special usher working the venue that hopefully you all get to say hi to
•   Two thumbs up for the free beer on the house
•   Not a bad seat in the house based on last night, I’d imagine some of the upstairs standing areas could be bad if you had multiple people in front of you.
•   The water sensors and soap dispensers are indeed not working (luckily no growler action). My partner had some issues with this flaw. 
•   Do people actually listen to Andrew WK?? That was painful
•   The sound was nearly intolerable at times (not sure if that was due to a half empty venue, if they were just testing the sound at max levels, or if Andrew WK is just doubly terrible).
•   Uber is definitely a hurdle post show. I had four ubers cancel on me (my assumption is due to confusing roads down there plus the Maine Ave addresses may??? Not be fully integrated in Google maps, etc. yet??)
•   I still want an AMA with Seth as a 2,500 person show there will feel very empty and I think they’ll have a hard time selling 6,000 tickets for many shows unless it’s of the Foo Fighter type event
•   Looking forward to a visit in the near future!

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #658 on: October 11, 2017, 09:12:39 am »
The bar on the lower level left, if you're facing the stage, wasn't great.  They got snippy with people trying to order food. I get that the bar tender had said countless times that they couldn't order food at that bar, but the people walking up to order have no clue.  The response seemed to be a loud "NO!" and after a few seconds "You have to order from over there!"

Awkward interaction at the same bar:

Me: "Can I also get a cider?"
Bartender: "For what?"
Awkward pause while we stare at each other
My wife: "For me. For money."

This is the same bar where they screwed up, twice, my Pacifico and Bud order.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #659 on: October 11, 2017, 09:15:08 am »
Local Fox affiliate broadcasting from The Anthem for the next hour, including a tour of the inside...