Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 258414 times)

hutch

Re: The Anthem
« Reply #960 on: November 12, 2017, 07:51:14 pm »
Guest appearance during Tegan and Sara

medeski7

« Reply #961 on: November 13, 2017, 04:36:46 pm »
So, anyone have an idea of how two day tickets will work for events split between 9:30 and The Anthem? 

Here are the facts behind my question.  Friend and his wife want to go to The Disco Biscuits.  They have a kid, and have decided that one can go to the 9:30 show and the other will go to The Anthem show.  The only way to get tickets to 9:30 show is to buy a two day pass, which they did. 

Following their purchase, they got concerned that there would be something to identify the person using the ticket on night one that would prohibit the other person from using the ticket on night two.   The fine print says to hang on to the ticket to use it on night two.

That would seem unfair to me if that actually happened.  The cost of the two night tickets is not discounted.  You pay full price for both shows. 

Anyone have any ideas about this?

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #962 on: November 13, 2017, 05:57:39 pm »
So, anyone have an idea of how two day tickets will work for events split between 9:30 and The Anthem? 

Here are the facts behind my question.  Friend and his wife want to go to The Disco Biscuits.  They have a kid, and have decided that one can go to the 9:30 show and the other will go to The Anthem show.  The only way to get tickets to 9:30 show is to buy a two day pass, which they did. 

Following their purchase, they got concerned that there would be something to identify the person using the ticket on night one that would prohibit the other person from using the ticket on night two.   The fine print says to hang on to the ticket to use it on night two.

That would seem unfair to me if that actually happened.  The cost of the two night tickets is not discounted.  You pay full price for both shows. 

For the Mountain Goats, they had you hold onto the 2 day pass. When we came back for night 2, they tried to scan it, and the first stapher said that it was invalid, because it had been scanned already. I explained, 2 night pass and all, and a different staph member said to just let us in, and that the club had not planned for how to scan them for 2 nights, so it was kind of honor system.  ::)

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #963 on: November 13, 2017, 06:10:09 pm »

WHo was the Guest?

mdphunk

« Reply #964 on: November 13, 2017, 06:24:37 pm »

Nothing to stop you, er...your friend...from sharing between husband and wife over the two nights. That hasn't been an issue with two-night passes for 9:30 Club runs, and if they didn't check names on the Foo Fighters tickets I doubt they will care for what promises to be a way undersold tDB show at The Anthem.

« Reply #965 on: November 14, 2017, 09:57:18 am »
I know you are all concerned...but the hand soap malfunctions continue and they have individual store bought pumps right next to the expensive no touch dispensers

We almost need a hand soap thread
slack

hutch

« Reply #966 on: November 14, 2017, 11:57:33 am »

WHo was the Guest?

Seth appeared with them right at the beginning...spoke a good while about how they were the first act he thought of for Anthem and gave the tegan and sarah foundation a $10k check.

The show was the first time i have seen unisex or gender neutral bathrooms

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #967 on: November 15, 2017, 11:54:12 am »
I know you are all concerned...but the hand soap malfunctions continue and they have individual store bought pumps right next to the expensive no touch dispensers

We need a law banning not only automatic soap dispensers but automatic faucets.

lily1

« Reply #968 on: November 16, 2017, 01:51:12 am »
those faucets are a pain in the ass and pretty much useless.

lily1

« Reply #969 on: November 16, 2017, 01:53:42 am »
The NSO performance tonight was excellent. Pretty cool to see the venue used as a symphony hall.

Fabulous program and the sound was amazing. It sounded like a remastered CD, the sound was that clear.

I was assigned a seat in the super excellent seats area. And those are some pretty excellent seats.

« Reply #970 on: November 16, 2017, 07:02:12 am »

I think instead of the motion detector type, that should do it like the doctors do....with the foot pedal controls.  Sanitary and simple
slack

« Reply #971 on: November 29, 2017, 12:22:56 pm »
are all anthem shows all ages?

noticed that the Brandi Carlile say "Adult tickets go on sale on Fri. Dec 1"

Wanted to take my kid to this one
slack

K8teebug

« Reply #972 on: December 01, 2017, 03:00:53 pm »
Guessing people already stated this, but something has to be done about the entry process. I don't understand why there aren't walk-through metal detectors. Wanding everyone takes forever. And the people who are funneling people in are really not nice. Last night, I said there were three people in my party, he sent two of us through and then berated me for a good 2 minutes because of his mistake when I tried to reach back to get my husband too (who was right next to us).

Why a line, and then a holding pen for another line, and then another line.

I was there for LCD and it was not as bad as it was last night.

Also, holy clusterfuck in the garage. Much easier to park a few blocks up the road. Let's all hope there isn't an emergency because so many exits are blocked by construction gates.

hutch

« Reply #973 on: December 01, 2017, 03:35:25 pm »
Ouch

bearman🐻

« Reply #974 on: December 01, 2017, 03:42:26 pm »
K8teebug makes fair points. I felt that at the QOTSA show and I haven't been back since. Thought about buying a ticket to Noel Gallagher and I just haven't felt motivated enough to pull the trigger. If the weather is crummy in February, no way am I spending time waiting outside in lines.