Author Topic: Sturgill Simpson  (Read 4330 times)

Re: Sturgill Simpson
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2017, 10:33:19 pm »
Thanks for all these opinions. I'll wait and see  :D

As a new guy to country music, when those artists are coming to town at larger venues and the Mrs wants to go and if I don't care about the artist, I just sit on the lawn.  It's a party, country music fans like to party, I like to party so it's fine.

The majority of country music artists I want to see are so old that I'm usually the youngest person there so I spring for good seats.  They're all dying so this is becoming tougher.

For this particular show, though, and at this larger venue, I would probably do the VIP, either through the artist or a credit card offer and skip the GA.  I do this a lot at the Greek theater in Berkeley to avoid the shit show (Chris Stapleton, Belle and Sebastian, etc.).  I can usually get the first row or two where the seats are and sit with other fans who are willing to pay a little more for a better experience.   It's still close enough to enjoy it and most folks who are willing to spring are there for the artist.

I've been preparing for this with Sturgill for a while.  I'm pretty sure the days of smaller venues are over with him for the next few years.

^^I like this guy's style^^
should have been cross-posted in the electric boogaloo thread
slack

walkie,talkie

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 01:16:07 pm »
should, I listen to this guy?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 06:32:32 pm »
....is boring
(_|_)