Author Topic: Hotels in the District  (Read 5930 times)

vansmack

Re: Hotels in the District
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 12:49:37 pm »
Whenever I pay, I stay in Joie de Vivre or Kimpton's near downtown or Dupont - I never stay as far as Georgetown let alone outside the District.  I usually book through Hotels.com based on best available price for those hotels.

When work pays, I stay where the conference is being held, usually the Westin or Marriott/Omni.  So in two weeks I'm staying at the Westin and The Palomar.

I also like the Liaison, George, Rogue, Topaz, and Donovan.  I have not stayed at the Madera, Monaco or Carlyle yet.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 01:12:46 pm »
I think the kimpton hotels are great: Helix

I also really like the Tabbard inn

FYI, the Helix is now the Mason & Rook.  the bar there used to be my closest source of alcohol, back in my bachelor daze...
<sig>

analogfossa

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 01:13:22 pm »
Used to work for Kimpton. Not as great since they got bought out IHG (Holiday Inn Company) but still good spots. The Mason & Rook near Logan Circle is small but classy.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2017, 01:16:15 pm »
Whenever I pay, I stay in Joie de Vivre

I also like the Liaison,
Wait, aren't these the same?
LVMH

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2017, 01:23:52 pm »
also https://www.hoteltonight.com/ is a pretty good app and has the Kimpton hotels
I think you now can book up to a week in advanced
Got a suite in NYC for $100 by Flatiron once via that app
slack

ggw

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2017, 01:24:51 pm »
EDIT EDIT: "He has this weird glint in his eye that makes me feel like I'm Reese Witherspoon in Fear, but later in the film when the finger-blasting is just an faded reminder of insoutient teenage fornication."

Nice.  My familiarity with the stalker genre was insufficient to generate that level of detail.  And I actually considered using the word "people" to end the first line.  Scary.

hutch

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2017, 01:26:02 pm »
the helix was awesome.. we used to live two blocks away and always had family (and a friend or two)  stay there when they visited...they all loved it.. i was sorry to see it go

Space Freely

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 01:34:29 pm »
speak of the devil I'm actually looking at booking a hotel in NYC.. i'd like to be somewhere close to central park/museum of natural history.. we will be two adults.. with two kids 7 and 4.. i'm looking sometime around mid april

any suggestions would be helpful/welcome

There's probably plenty of one bedroom apartments available on airbnb with more space than your house!

vansmack

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2017, 03:19:49 pm »
Whenever I pay, I stay in Joie de Vivre

I also like the Liaison,
Wait, aren't these the same?

Yes, but other, more refined, cities have more than one Joie de Vivre hotel to choose from.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 03:22:02 pm by vansmack »
27>34

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2017, 04:58:09 pm »
Whenever I pay, I stay in Joie de Vivre or Kimpton's near downtown or Dupont - I never stay as far as Georgetown let alone outside the District.  I usually book through Hotels.com based on best available price for those hotels.

When work pays, I stay where the conference is being held, usually the Westin or Marriott/Omni.  So in two weeks I'm staying at the Westin and The Palomar.

I also like the Liaison, George, Rogue, Topaz, and Donovan.  I have not stayed at the Madera, Monaco or Carlyle yet.

*Rouge

Had a nice stay at the Rouge. Was convenient to the Tabard for drinks, and to Le Dip for dinner. What a night.
Enjoyed the W as well.
Don't like that at the Marriott Marquis they said: "welcome back," and greeted me and my friend as "Mr. and Mrs. [Challenged]." Was trying to avoid my current friend knowing that I had taken a previous friend there...

vansmack

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2017, 05:23:28 pm »
Don't like that at the Marriott Marquis they said: "welcome back," and greeted me and my friend as "Mr. and Mrs. [Challenged]." Was trying to avoid my current friend knowing that I had taken a previous friend there...

This 1000 times.  The new Mrs just rolls with it now, but yep, has happened more than once and more than just at Marriott's.

And thank you for the correction on Rouge - got Star Wars on my mind.
27>34