Author Topic: Meanwhile, in Canada...  (Read 79274 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Meanwhile, in Canada...
« Reply #165 on: May 27, 2021, 07:17:25 am »
New EP of material thought lost in the Universal fire it consists of six previously unreleased tracks connected to the recording sessions for their 1991 album Road Apples

Saskadelphia
The Tragically Hip
T.Rex

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #166 on: May 27, 2021, 12:31:26 pm »
Meanwhile in Canada....

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2021, 01:17:05 pm »
Jeez Tom Hanks has really let himself go.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2021, 02:38:53 pm »
New EP of material thought lost in the Universal fire it consists of six previously unreleased tracks connected to the recording sessions for their 1991 album Road Apples

Saskadelphia
The Tragically Hip

they were such a great bar band... really knew how to tear the roof off a place in those early years.  this album further documents that. 

'Saskadelphia' Is a Snapshot of the Tragically Hip Becoming Themselves
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #169 on: June 21, 2021, 04:32:25 pm »
Canada keeps it's borders closed to vaccinated Americans for at least another month. I love this guy's take.

"There's no other way to say it: another month's delay is bullshit," Rep. Brian Higgins (D-N.Y.), co-chair of the Congressional Northern Border Caucus, wrote Friday on Twitter.

Starsky

« Reply #170 on: June 21, 2021, 04:58:37 pm »
I can’t blame anybody for anything they do with respect to the US after the four years Trump shat on the world.

Also what we saw from the US during the past 18 months with respect to covid was downright scary. I can’t blame anybody for being wary.

We haven’t even been a half decent global citizen or neighbor.

I expect Biden at some point to make a trip to Canada to smooth some ruffled feathers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerowankelleher/2021/06/13/biden-trudeau-us-canada-border-reopen/?sh=2d2550e32cf5

America is like a recovering drug addict “Hey we got rid of Trump and got some of our people vaccinated!! We’re good now swear to god”

Rest of world: “uh it’s been three weeks and you just got out of two years of drug crazed nut behavior! We’re going to have to keep an eye on you a bit longer”

America: “Come on man we are the greatest! That coup was nothing!”

Rest of world: “Ugh yeah whatever”
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 05:15:37 pm by Starsky »

Space Freely

« Reply #171 on: June 21, 2021, 09:27:40 pm »
I can’t blame anybody for anything they do with respect to the US after the four years Trump shat on the world.

Also what we saw from the US during the past 18 months with respect to covid was downright scary. I can’t blame anybody for being wary.

We haven’t even been a half decent global citizen or neighbor.

I expect Biden at some point to make a trip to Canada to smooth some ruffled feathers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerowankelleher/2021/06/13/biden-trudeau-us-canada-border-reopen/?sh=2d2550e32cf5

America is like a recovering drug addict “Hey we got rid of Trump and got some of our people vaccinated!! We’re good now swear to god”

Rest of world: “uh it’s been three weeks and you just got out of two years of drug crazed nut behavior! We’re going to have to keep an eye on you a bit longer”

America: “Come on man we are the greatest! That coup was nothing!”

Rest of world: “Ugh yeah whatever”

Actually, unlike Canada, the rest of the Western world is letting vaccinated Americans in this summer.

Starsky

« Reply #172 on: June 21, 2021, 09:44:39 pm »

They pick their spots… trust me they are very wary of anything America and they know full well Trump could return at any moment.

I have read the US still doesn’t currently allow people in from the UK. Even when the UK had like a handful of people dying from covid and was in way better shape than the US. There are plenty of limits on travel and it’s going to take a while for them to come down.

But the US and Americans should really tone down their complaints after what they put the world through the past four years. Show a little humility. Trump insulted world leaders for years as your leader. Try to keep the ugly American in the closet.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 09:53:54 pm by Starsky »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #173 on: June 21, 2021, 11:46:44 pm »
putting on my JA hat: what kind of americans books tours to italy in the summer, vs. which americans jump in a pickup and cross the border to canada for duty-free?
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #174 on: June 22, 2021, 08:23:31 am »
putting on my JA hat: what kind of americans books tours to italy in the summer, vs. which americans jump in a pickup and cross the border to canada for duty-free?
To be fair, Quebec City is a pretty decent JA summer vacay destination. It has fortified walls around much of it, like a castle.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #175 on: June 22, 2021, 08:57:36 am »
I've never understand the appeal of duty free. It always seems like piles of overpriced garbage. Maybe I'm not the target audience.

I'm currently debating vacation destinations for Summer 2022. It's hard to plan that far ahead in a pandemic world.

I agree that Quebec City is a cool place to visit, for people without enough money to go to France. Though it's not currently under consideration.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #176 on: June 22, 2021, 09:02:09 am »
To be fair, Quebec City is a pretty decent JA summer vacay destination. It has fortified walls around much of it, like a castle.

To be Fair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G19B7lTgwCE&t=1s       

« Reply #177 on: June 22, 2021, 09:10:16 am »
To be Fair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G19B7lTgwCE&t=1s       
well played...and he is correct, everybody does a pretty good Tony Danza
slack

« Reply #178 on: June 24, 2021, 01:55:56 pm »
some dark news from our friends to the north

751 unmarked graves discovered at former school for Indigenous children in Canada
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #179 on: June 25, 2021, 12:43:10 pm »
some dark news from our friends to the north

751 unmarked graves discovered at former school for Indigenous children in Canada

before i delve into happier news, this needs to be addressed... this is a national tragedy.  every canadian is (or should be) aware of the evils of the forced residential school system, but these mass graves are making it real.  there is a national reckoning going on and it isn't pretty.  big mix of sadness and shame.
<sig>