Author Topic: Is that a hydrometer in your pocket or are you just happy to see me  (Read 11847 times)

Re: Is that a hydrometer in your pocket or are you just happy to see me
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2021, 10:22:10 pm »
depending how DYI you wanna get, you may want to consider building a keezer instead
had given some serious thought to this Keezer.  It really couldn't be simpler, even I could build it!

but as luck should have it,  I may soon be the owner of a kegerator for about the price of one TreeHouse six pack
It's only got one tap up top, but I saw how you can turn it into a three-tap one with a little adaptor
I think it can fit 3 corny kegs. comes with tank, regulator and tubes.

Since there is no bread thread and beer is just liquid bread.
I just wanted to let you know that the starter yeast colony is thriving after a rough few days in the USPS
but...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 10:24:37 pm by Panic-Button-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2021, 07:14:21 pm »
It's only got one tap up top, but I saw how you can turn it into a three-tap one with a little adaptor

of you can rip out the one-tap tower and replace it with a 3-tap tower. 

another mod you should consider is putting a small fan, like a computer fan, to occasionally circulate cold air into the tower.  because the tower is metal and it sticking out into the room, it'll warm up - and the tubing inside the tower can end up closer in temp to the room than the fridge below it.  warm tubing = foaming.  the idea is to build a box with a computer fan forcing air in, and the only output is a little bit of tubing.  you shove the end of the tubing up into the tower, and have the fan (AKA the intake) lower down in the main part of the fridge.  so when the fan is running, it pulls in cool air from below and spits it up in the tower.  fan can either run all the time, or put it on a cheap timer that turns it on and off every X minutes.  a few pointers:
https://www.kegerators.com/articles/computer-cooling-fan/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxQSBmxThxY
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/how-to-add-a-circulating-pc-fan-to-my-kegerator.239528/
<sig>

« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2021, 07:33:19 pm »
Excellent advice, just pulled said 1 tap tower kegerator out of the car

I think I may keep it as a single for the short term
I still need to get a keg and connections...can't decide to go ball or pin?

But looking forward to getting into kegging, I've really had it with bottling...
If I can get back two hours ever brew, that will encourage me to brew more
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2021, 01:41:22 am »
I think I may keep it as a single for the short term

multi-tap is only useful if you have multiple beers to tap :D

I still need to get a keg and connections...can't decide to go ball or pin?

pins are a little cheaper and easier to find, ball comes with pressure release valves which are a nice convenience... but either is fine.

check out this page for deals, eventually something good will pop up: https://www.homebrewfinds.com/homebrew-keg-deals-roundup

If I can get back two hours ever brew, that will encourage me to brew more

this.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2021, 03:59:03 am »
Though I'm about the homebrew a maibock, which I'm hoping will be at least half as good.

ha!  i'm currently fermenting my first two lagers.  i was going for something in the vein of a german pilsner or helles, but it took an american turn: gravity was higher than those styles allow, and i added a bunch of hops at the end of the boil.  so if i had to attribute a style to these beers, it would be "american maibock" (not that that style actually exists).  once its done i'll be dumping doppelbock on top of the yeast cakes.

what yeast are you going to use?
<sig>

« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2021, 08:55:42 pm »
this really isn't a good idea, but there is a market
A Homebrewing Videogame Is Coming to Xbox,

in related news, enjoying my first kegged beer through my reconditioned kegerator
a pretty tasty low tide session IPA.  First keg and I am hooked.  Don't think I'll ever bottle again

and in other related news
I just wanted to let you know that the starter yeast colony is thriving after a rough few days in the USPS
been baking loafs almost weekly, also have made bagels and german style pretzels (which the dog ate half of!)...
Seems to be pretty easy to keep the starter in the fridge and just take a scoop out the day before to make an aggressive, bubbly starter
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 09:02:27 pm by SidebySide ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack