Author Topic: Belly up, fired, and retired  (Read 409432 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: Belly up, fired, and retired
« Reply #1935 on: July 31, 2023, 03:27:34 pm »
Don Geronimo, who I had no idea was still working, fired from WBIG, which I had no idea was still a thing, for being a sexist jackass
😐 🎶

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1936 on: August 09, 2023, 03:49:06 pm »
😐 🎶

« Reply #1937 on: August 09, 2023, 04:02:17 pm »
WeMightNotWorkMuchLonger
Makes sense, people are just not returning to offices in general, why would they need a temporary office
it was a killer idea at the time

but I think the big change in cities will be they will be an effort to change zoning laws and convert all the office buildings into loft-style apartments and may actually create a surplus in the downtown apartments  (although I'm sure Corps will buy them all up)
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1938 on: August 09, 2023, 05:47:27 pm »

« Reply #1939 on: August 09, 2023, 06:05:36 pm »
Zoning laws aren't the only problem:

https://pjvogt.substack.com/p/why-cant-we-turn-all-the-empty-offices
I'm not listening to that...can you give me a 100 word summary?
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1940 on: August 09, 2023, 07:37:30 pm »
There are other problems besides zoning laws. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. etc.

« Reply #1941 on: August 09, 2023, 07:41:03 pm »
There are other problems besides zoning laws. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. Lorem ipsum. etc.
well played, kinda what I felt when I clicked your link

I honestly wanted to know
it was even a topic at Davos
https://www.reuters.com/business/sustainable-business/davos-2023-convert-offices-homes-curb-housing-crisis-panel-2023-01-18/

but I was hoping for 4 bullet points no longer than 10 words each
Sounds like I need to ask ChatGPT
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 07:49:19 pm by aspirational way Hatchıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #1942 on: August 09, 2023, 07:47:50 pm »
but I was hoping for 4 bullet points no longer than 10 words each
Sounds like I need to ask ChatGPT

chatgpt's response in under 10 seconds (notice #1):

Zoning regulations limit usage changes.
Structural differences: offices lack kitchens, bathrooms, etc.
HVAC systems and noise isolation mismatch residential needs.
Limited natural light, window access, and outdoor spaces.

By the way, chatgpt can do most of your jobs for free...this is a bigger problem that people realize
I was impressed at its ability to keep to the 10 word limit
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 07:50:14 pm by aspirational way Hatchıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #1943 on: August 09, 2023, 07:56:51 pm »
when I gave ChatGPT the flexiblity and less constraints, I feel like it gave some really good answers to the problem

Question: are their solutions to Convert offices to homes to curb the housing crisis

ChatGPT Answer:
Yes, converting offices to homes can be a potential solution to address the housing crisis. Some considerations include:

Zoning and Regulations: Relax zoning laws to permit mixed-use or residential conversions.

Adaptive Reuse: Retrofitting office spaces to include amenities like kitchens, bathrooms, and living areas.

Infrastructure: Upgrading HVAC, insulation, and noise reduction for residential comfort.

Urban Planning: Implementing mixed-use neighborhoods for better work-life balance.

Affordability: Ensuring converted homes are affordable for diverse populations.

Green Spaces: Incorporating parks and communal areas for improved livability.

Light and Ventilation: Enhancing natural light and air circulation within spaces.

Transportation: Proximity to public transit to reduce commuting and congestion.

Sustainability: Employing eco-friendly practices in conversions for energy efficiency.

Community Engagement: Involving locals in planning to foster support and inclusivity.

Each solution requires careful planning and consideration of local factors.
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #1944 on: August 09, 2023, 08:59:50 pm »

...and are unlikely to be economically viable, when all factors are taken into consideration.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #1945 on: August 09, 2023, 09:19:55 pm »
I asked ChatGPT to explain quantum physics in 2 words with 2 syllables each.  It failed miserably.

« Reply #1946 on: August 10, 2023, 09:24:18 am »

...and are unlikely to be economically viable, when all factors are taken into consideration.
So we have downtowns filled with empty office buildings that were built in the last 30 years
Seems insane
I mean, the whole office building thing, I think is a big money laundering operation or some sort of tax scam by big corps
I've never understood, even before covid how office buildings could have empty spaces for years...even decades.
Yet when a small business tries to rent, they are still asking top dollar for that space, they won't even negotiate most of the time

I think corporations like the losses to offset their profits in other sectors so they don't pay taxes.

I think part of the issue is the building owners want to sell at a profit...ultimately, I think the cities should use eminent domain to reclaim some to convert to affordable housing (although I'm sure the corporation will still get their pound of flesh from the taxpayers in that deal too)
slack

« Reply #1947 on: August 10, 2023, 09:25:45 am »
I asked ChatGPT to explain quantum physics in 2 words with 2 syllables each.  It failed miserably.
ok, I asked but removed the syllable constraint
it answered:
Wave-Particle
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1948 on: August 10, 2023, 01:29:56 pm »
ok, I asked but removed the syllable constraint
it answered:
Wave-Particle

that's a decent answer
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1949 on: August 24, 2023, 04:08:52 pm »
annie lennox (per dave stewart)
<sig>