Author Topic: Belly up, fired, and retired  (Read 380454 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Belly up, fired, and retired
« Reply #1305 on: November 02, 2021, 08:20:04 am »
Michigan football is in a good place right now. Great new staff. The culture is finally back. JJ will be a star. Future looks bright.

This MSU game stings especially hard because it was winnable. The team rose to occasion, but let it slip away.  Because of mistakes, because Kenneth Walker is awesome (and MSU is a good, well coached team) and because it hasn’t developed a killer instinct.  Not because they were exposed or were unprepared or unmotivated. 

So now we see if they can get over it, clean up the mistakes and show a killer instinct against Indiana then come back stronger at Penn State. If so, we have to appreciate the progress in a transition year before JJ is ready to be the man and Michigan (hopefully) takes the next step.
Oh, you sweet summer child.
LVMH

« Reply #1306 on: November 03, 2021, 11:25:09 am »
zillow's home flipping divisionZillow reportedly needs to sell 7,000 houses after it bought too many

A report from Vox cites research that investors only made up about 20 percent of the home-buying market in 2020, and Zillow says that it and its competitors made up around 1 percent of the housing market in Q2 2021. In some ways, those numbers are both terrifying and reassuring — a fifth of the housing market is a massive and influential chunk, but it also means that it likely wasn’t a private equity firm (or Zillow) that outbid you on your dream home.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 11:27:29 am by Luciferase-hatch ® ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

vansmack

« Reply #1307 on: November 03, 2021, 06:05:43 pm »
Future Hall of Fame catcher, Buster Posey to announce his retirement tomorrow.
27>34

Starsky

« Reply #1308 on: November 04, 2021, 10:19:35 am »
FP Santangelo as Nats announcer

Hallelujah

God he was awful

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1309 on: November 04, 2021, 05:29:23 pm »
Future Hall of Fame catcher, Buster Posey to announce his retirement tomorrow.

Great player but it would be laughable if he got in before Thurman Munson.

« Reply #1311 on: November 05, 2021, 07:42:56 am »
^that's a weird one...they upped the rent, so they just took the barge and said FU.
must be a big gaping hole down there now
slack

« Reply #1312 on: November 10, 2021, 06:24:15 am »
Brian Williams
slack

evilizac

« Reply #1313 on: November 10, 2021, 11:50:00 pm »
John Lydon booted from Masked Singer. .
I guess he must really, really need the lucre. I'd feel more snarky if his wife wasn't so bad off.
I mean, "sell out" sure, get yours, but how long before it's best of the 70s collections on QVC?
Can't anyone get him some kind of endorsement deal? The Johnny Rotten home composter or something? 

Alzheimer's and cancer are two of the biggest MFers as far as generally late stage diseases that feel impossible to grasp.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 12:00:20 am by evilizac »
WHAT?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1314 on: November 11, 2021, 07:28:43 am »
As a “watcher” of masked singer, which is something I have on while doomscrolling, I think your being a tad harsh of mr. Rotten

Haven’t seen the unmasking episode yet, but his appearance feels like a stunt like when they unearthed honey booboo and June to come on and “sing”.  They are milking it for publicity

I honestly thought it was actually some comedian when he appeared the first time.
T.Rex

evilizac

« Reply #1315 on: November 11, 2021, 12:14:35 pm »
I'm maybe being a bit of a tool...
I actually kind of wish someone would just shovel him some $$.

WHAT?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1316 on: November 29, 2021, 08:00:36 pm »
Tiger Woods

Starsky

« Reply #1317 on: November 29, 2021, 08:17:48 pm »

Honestly I think he must be relieved…once he won that final major it seemed his heart wasn’t in it… He came back and made it to the top and then he just wasn’t even competitive…he kind of sucked…the accident gives him the perfect out and he’s apparently taking it

Starsky

« Reply #1318 on: November 29, 2021, 08:23:05 pm »
Or he’s just setting the bar real low….

Dude was hyper competitive but he seemed to have lost the drive after winning the last major

I read a book about him by his coach Hank Haney. Interesting….

« Reply #1319 on: November 30, 2021, 08:31:49 am »
Jack Dorsey
slack