Author Topic: Nick Cave - Where Should I Start?  (Read 6728 times)

Re: Nick Cave - Where Should I Start?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2018, 09:44:42 am »
.... i agree though some of these old classics could at least be rotated
agreed
he still plays 6 of the 11 songs off of Live Seeds ...recorded in 92
they are some of my favorites, but pretty much the only old songs you ever hear

personally glad he's dropped DigLazDig and grinderman stuff
would love to get Breathless off Lyre...he's pulled that out a few times
slack

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2018, 12:45:52 pm »
Surprised Mercy Seat has left the set lists...and replaced with City of Refuge ...

the stripped down version of Mercy Seat he's been doing is awesome!
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2018, 12:49:24 pm »
One of those artists I simply can't stand. His music is grating and his voice is overwrought and annoying. Tell me why I'm supposed to like him.

hutch

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2018, 01:21:20 pm »
Ugh ...you are not “supposed” to like anything

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2018, 04:04:34 pm »
Agreed. You don't have to like anyone. There are plenty of artists that I can't stand. To each, their own.

gavroche

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2018, 10:19:31 am »
As always a reall enjoyable show by Mr. Cave and company.  He's just an amazing performer.  Other than the soft opening for the Foo Fighters this is the only time I've been to the Anthem where it didn't just feel cavernous.  I think so much of that is because Nick used the entirety of the stage and interacted with the audience so effectively.  (It didn't hurt that I was pretty far forward).

I didn't love the new album initially other than Jesus Alone but it's growing on me and I think the new stuff actually works better in concert than it does on the record.

Setlist was to be expected, though it was nice to hear them play City of Refuge.  I missed the Dig tour, so I'd like to hear a couple of those songs added (Night of the Lotus Eaters for instance or More News from Nowhere). 

Even if I knew the setlist would be exactly the same I would go back to see them again tomorrow.

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2018, 10:37:08 am »
Mr. Cave and company.  He's just an amazing performer.
Nick used the entirety of the stage and interacted with the audience so effectively. 

I think the new stuff actually works better in concert than it does on the record.

Even if I knew the setlist would be exactly the same I would go back to see them again tomorrow.
agree on all points
I'd see that show 10 times a year if I could

I was worried it was going to be very slow and subdued like the 'Distant Sky' ep that just came out
but he was rocking it hard last night
Mercy Street/FHTE/Tupelo were worth the price of admission
and he of course burnt the house down with Stagger lee

sound and capacity were perfect (stage seemed really far out)
Was nice hanging with K8T, Dyec and Yada preshow....didn't see any of you inside
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 10:39:17 am by Unquotable-hatch ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı »
slack

K8teebug

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2018, 11:22:54 am »
Great hanging with you all beforehand! We were up on the third floor for the show.

Just a fucking incredible night. I don't even give a shit that I had one or two mistake beers and still have to be a productive worker bee today.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2018, 11:31:30 am »
It was everything I'd hoped for from the band. Probably the best show ive seen at Anthem so far. Will definitely see them again when they roll through town.

Openers were ok but got kind of monotonous after a while. Chatter from the crowd was nearly as loud as they were.

Arrived at 7 and the garage was already full. Found a spot down by Arena Stage and still made it back for happy hour. All in all everything went really well last night.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2018, 12:01:55 pm »
I had one or two mistake beers

please explain.  i'm unfamiliar with this concept.
<sig>

K8teebug

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2018, 12:52:00 pm »
I had one or two mistake beers

please explain.  i'm unfamiliar with this concept.

When you plan on 2-3 beers and then you're having fun and have 4-5 instead and then wake up with a mild headache and realize you should have quit when you were feeling good and that last beer or so was a mistake. Hence, mistake beers.

hutch

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2018, 01:09:37 pm »
I had a mistake bottle of champagne

dyecraig

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2018, 01:52:58 pm »
henry's dream doesn't get a lot of love, but I think it's a pretty amazing mix of all my favorite nicks, produced by david briggs, who did many albums with neil young.
papa won't leave you, henry; straight to you; john finn's wife; jack the ripper and the astonishing christina the astonishing.
a pretty solid record.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 01:54:38 pm by dyecraig »

hutch

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2018, 02:52:04 pm »
I had not realized Briggs produced it....it makes sense as Cave is very influenced by Neil

K8teebug

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2018, 03:19:13 pm »
I had a mistake bottle of champagne

There's a reason I did not have any champagne!!!