Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 458071 times)

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #1455 on: January 31, 2020, 11:54:33 am »
damn that's a great gif
his only footnote in this primary was he was the FIRST to enter
yet no one even knew he was running
slack

« Reply #1456 on: January 31, 2020, 03:35:16 pm »
welp, guess it's time to give up on that impeachment thread...

so I think this will make for an interesting debate

DNC shifts debate requirements, opening door for Bloomberg
The committee is eliminating the donor threshold, which had functionally barred Bloomberg from the stage.

I don't love everything about Blooming Mike, but I do believe he is the ONLY one of the remaining candidates that I think can go toe to toe on the debate stage and not look weak against Trump
slack

nkotb

« Reply #1457 on: January 31, 2020, 03:53:12 pm »
The DNC refusing to change the rules to get more diversity on the debate stage, but happily doing it a billionaire who hung around Ghislaine Maxwell and spoke at the Republic National convention is *chef kissing fingers* so on-brand. 

Hatch, just curious...what about Bloomberg makes you think he'd be able to stand up to Trump.  Genuinely curious.

« Reply #1458 on: January 31, 2020, 04:01:18 pm »
Hatch, just curious...what about Bloomberg makes you think he'd be able to stand up to Trump.  Genuinely curious.
I've heard him talk and he knows how to throw a punch.  Sadly dems don't know how to throw punches.  And when you are going aginst Trump...ya gotta be unafraid to play tough

Again...I'm kinda on the fence on the lil guy...

I mean what a great ad with the dogs
who doesn't love dogs...Even MAGA's love dogs

spoke at the Republic National convention
while personally that is a little revolting, he was a Republican...but let's be clear a NY republican is MUCH different that one from IA or AL
again with the #willvotebluenomatterwho seems to make sense to get someone who appeals to fiscal conservatives as we already locked in most of the Dem vote
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 04:03:59 pm by asymptomatic spread ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llı »
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1459 on: January 31, 2020, 04:35:58 pm »
The DNC refusing to change the rules to get more diversity on the debate stage,
We literally had five debates that had to be multi day so every jackboot yokel with 3 followers could pitch. Stop this shit. Bernie Bros are the fucking worst.
LVMH

nkotb

« Reply #1460 on: January 31, 2020, 04:40:17 pm »
IMO, their rules were clear...if Booker or Tulsi didn't make the stage, get a better platform so people support you.  I think it was a bullshit claim that the terms were unfair...they were unfair if your policies sucked.

But the whole uproar was about "lack of diversity" when those two didn't make it (hell, Yang pointed it out when he was the last POC standing) and the DNC didn't budge...then immediately does because Bloomberg won't make the cut.  Pathetic scumbags

The DNC refusing to change the rules to get more diversity on the debate stage,
We literally had five debates that had to be multi day so every jackboot yokel with 3 followers could pitch. Stop this shit. Bernie Bros are the fucking worst.

hutch

« Reply #1461 on: January 31, 2020, 04:48:56 pm »
The current DNC rules were written by Bernie!!

Do some research NKOTB cause you continue to embarrass yourself

nkotb

« Reply #1462 on: January 31, 2020, 04:53:33 pm »
Typical divisiveness from the anti-Bernie camp.  When will you apologize for your behavior???

Look, the rules were the rules no matter who wrote them...I don't care. Personally i think they should've been stricter so I didn't have to listen to some of these bores.  But for the DNC to decide to throw portions out to include Bloomberg...well, I can't fault anyone that claims they're corrupt!

The current DNC rules were written by Bernie!!

Do some research NKOTB cause you continue to embarrass yourself

hutch

« Reply #1463 on: January 31, 2020, 04:55:09 pm »
Divisive?

Like 1 in 10 Bernie primary 2016 voters voting Trump?

Dude you are full of shit

nkotb

« Reply #1464 on: January 31, 2020, 04:58:21 pm »
1) something like 24% of HRC voters went for McCain over Obama, and he still won. 

2) I voted for HRC so my conscious is clear.

Why do you continue to split the party, Hutch????

« Reply #1465 on: January 31, 2020, 05:05:11 pm »
Like 1 in 10 Bernie primary 2016 voters voting Trump?
that's some bullshit that these were getable voters tho
you make it like Bernie told them to vote for trump
Some of bernie voters were the 'shake shit up' kind of voter who were not ever voting for Hil
Hil had to appeal to them or increase the base and she didn't

I do think that a lot of people sat out in key states because they thought Hil was going to crush...and her not focusing on the key battleground states was of her own making
I don't know who the key players were in her campaign, but they should all not be working as they suck at their job

Also, Bloomberg is polling better than 20 of the other people who were running and got on the stage
I do think that should stand for something.
I'm not daft an know he kind of bought that name recognition
It is odd situation that he doesn't have any donations and is self funded so he couldn't qualify
don't even thought this was an option
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 05:12:52 pm by asymptomatic spread ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llı »
slack

« Reply #1466 on: January 31, 2020, 07:13:07 pm »
some good news out of VA
Just passed  no excuse absentee voting!!!
slack

nkotb

« Reply #1467 on: January 31, 2020, 08:51:56 pm »
Believe it or not, i agree with you.  I have no love for Bloomberg (billionaire, stop & frisk, etc etc.), but he's polling nationally higher than Buttigieg, Yang or Klobuchar.

That said, this is a DIRECT QUOTE from Tom Perez when asked about relaxing debate rules to increase diversity on the debate stage:

"But we made the rules, they were very transparent, they're very inclusive, and we can't change the rules midstream because there's a candidate that I wish were on but didn't make the debate stage."

And he's right!  They're clear and transparent from day 1.  Bloomberg knows this and still opted to self-fund.  So why the sudden change?  I'll tell you why:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sanders-leads-in-iowa-polls-ahead-of-caucuses-followed-by-biden-buttigieg-then-warren-2020-01-30

Also, Bloomberg is polling better than 20 of the other people who were running and got on the stage
I do think that should stand for something.
I'm not daft an know he kind of bought that name recognition
It is odd situation that he doesn't have any donations and is self funded so he couldn't qualify
don't even thought this was an option

vansmack

« Reply #1468 on: February 01, 2020, 12:09:46 am »
At this point, it might actually be an advantage to not be on the stage.  Well, as long Dems continue to eat their own, having some distance from that can be spun into a positive.

Well, at least until they all turn on you and you can't defend yourself.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #1469 on: February 01, 2020, 02:09:32 am »
1) something like 24% of HRC voters went for McCain over Obama, and he still won. 

2) I voted for HRC so my conscious is clear.

Why do you continue to split the party, Hutch????

24% of people who voted for Hillary voted McCain?

Where is the evidence? I call bullshit

But even if that’s so they didn’t cost Obama the presidency like Bernie voters cost HRC and gave us Trump. Own it

And the sad thing is when Bernie loses I doubt his supporters will support the nominee...they have become far more cult like since the last go around

As for your claim you voted for Hillary...I doubt it...and your “conscious”  whatever that is will always be clear as long as you continue to believe the drivel you post....the fact is nobody had more say in the current rules than Bernie and yet you continue with this DNC bogeyman crap